Games need to return to black-and-white morality

ITS TIME we return to the good old days!

Its time we got good the guys (American, Canadians, Brits) and bad guys (Nazis, Germans, French, Arabs, Mexicans) back.

>Bemoaning the lack of tension in stories around black-and-white morality, many writers believe readers prefer the unpredictability of gray morality, which is in stark contrast to the clear, objective morality in black-and-white tales.

>Then there’s the gray morality of “prestige games” like The Last Of Us Part 2 and BioShock Infinite, featuring characters that are a menagerie of trauma and barely disguised flaws, never able to rise above their own worst impulses. Their personalities blend together like sloppy gray sludge: the good guys are bad, the bad guys may be good, or at least well-intentioned, and it’s all, well, gray.

polygon.com/2020/8/3/21352437/games-morality-last-of-of-us-bioshock-good-bad

Attached: ghfgh.png (1015x854, 713.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive
web.archive.org/web/20220404061036/https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/3/21352437/games-morality-last-of-of-us-bioshock-good-bad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why are leftists so incapable of nuance and trapped in black vs white thinking?

Moral relativism humanizes Nazis.

Good. I want to know who to stand and clap for in video games. If I am not explicitly told which character is a chud nazi trump supporter then who am I supposed to be against?!

They were humans

Moral gray areas are fine. Characters who know they do bad things and just don't care can be interesting and fun
There is a reason to ask that fewer characters get only glory for committing mass murder or whatever. It breaks suspension of disbelief to see people acting totally normal after leaving behind a military base full of corpses

This, leftists are so weak in their beliefs they can't fathom fighting an enemy who has a reason for doing "insert thing" unless it's just to be evil or incredibly generic

Sounds like an article redditors will make fun of

Ok, Hitler.

The idea isn't wrong. OP is just a massive penis loving fairy who confuses good for evil and evil for good.

>2020/8/3
hang yourself

That reason was "JOOS BAD".

The best villains are the ones you either can relate with their motives or are so over the top silly that you can't help but laugh.

Having stupid grimderp villains suck

grug: game ending make me feel good, so game good

Why the fuck would you lump together BS:I with TLoU2? Completely different morals.

>Games need to go back to "tell me who bad" morality
>1 year old article
archive (dot) ph/Op9rm
>They are getting angry over shitty writing confusing them
The problem they are having is that they are simpletons and can't understand anything except "If good = yes, than only good" sort of shit.

> featuring characters that are a menagerie of trauma and barely disguised flaws, never able to rise above their own worst impulses. Their personalities blend together like sloppy gray sludge: the good guys are bad, the bad guys may be good, or at least well-intentioned, and it’s all, well, gray.

Good
>most countries

Evil
>america

Nuke them

Games have been trying (and failing) to do grey morality so long maybe having it as simple black and white might be better desu

Booker DeWitt isnt gray. He's a checkerboard. Or a striped zebra, depending on how you look at it.

Games are already black-and-white but these people think they are even more pure and good than the absurd levels of goodness we already have going on

I have a better one

>Games need to return to idealized male and females and bring back beauty in art and as artform. Abandon ugly tranny dykes and post modernism.

That's because they are written by people that can only think in terms of absolutes and always think themselves on the right side of history.
They are physically incapable of writing grey stories or characters.

TLOU2 was Leftist garbage but that had a grey morality

>doesn't think the best villains are ones you genuinely hate

Meaning the operation is complete and standards have become so low fucks around the world can be sold bird shit as long as it's from Annapurna.

All leftists love black & white morality because they are evil and see themselves as the heroes and they must be eradicated for the good of our world.

If you unironically agree with this I am making fun of you

Attached: 1599343725880.png (628x651, 24.83K)

>end the cycle of violence by not taking your revenge for Raisins!
It's not grey morality, it's gray amorality with a thin veneer of sanctimonity. Typical leftism.

Yeah, and failed

web.archive.org/web/20220404061036/https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/3/21352437/games-morality-last-of-of-us-bioshock-good-bad
since op is a faggot and an advertiser. Do not give clicks/ad revenue to Polygon

you have made fun of nobody ITT

That's just a symptom of badly written stories, what's most important is endearment/investment and narrative pay-offs.
I want to like or be invested in the stories of the characters and genuine resolution of their character arcs.

Unironically my thoughts and beliefs

But user-kun, america prefers black morality exclusively.

Attached: uguu.png (247x240, 78.57K)

You're almost on the money though
Tribalism causes political in-groups to tend toward this behavior. Humans as a whole are very fond of black-and-white dichotomies and dealing with absolutes, it's a social defense mechanism that goes a bit too far

seems legit

Can't think of a single interesting villain in a video game or anime

I don't care about morality at all. Bring the gameplay.

Attached: 15689716372002.png (400x262, 95.24K)

Literally how republicans, chuds and other right-wing crazies have "fought" for years.

>create a strawman of "bad thing/people" and/or take an existing minority (blacks/jews/lgbtq+ people/flat earth/covid/climate crisis)
>basically people who cant really fight back, because they are a really small minority
>attribute to them some bad things (you youself do) and/or outright make up a lot of lies (a lot of republicans are pedos becomes a lot of lefties are pedos; matt gaetz is a groomer becomes trannies are groomers; your cultists are violent and attack the police ->black people are violent and attack the police)
>make it super easy for your retarted target audience to understand ("DA JOOS WILL DRINK YOUR BLOOD!"
>ignore any arguments and/or just repeat your lies/strawman until people believe them

>“It’s not as simple as that. It’s not a black and white issue. There are so many shades of grey.”
>“Nope.”
>“Pardon?”
>“There’s no greys, only white that’s got grubby. I’m surprised you don’t know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That’s what sin is.
>“It’s a lot more complicated than that–”
>“No. It ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.”
>“Oh, I’m sure there are worse crimes–”
>“But they starts with thinking about people as things.”

They are kind of right but for the wrong reasons

Bioshock infinite was shit because the twist at the end is "Oh you were the bad guy all along... kinda. So you should die"

Last of Us 2 is just as bad, but more lazy "Revenge is bad"

Attached: 1656499562889.png (657x450, 42.92K)

It's almost like both sides are as bad as each other, and neither side is willing to admit it.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Holy fuck a game journo I agree with?

A proper good vs. evil epic is worth its weight in gold.

>Us VS them morality is problematic when the targets are Islamic
>Us VS them morality is good when the targets are white fascists

Attached: bean.jpg (375x416, 21.85K)

You don't get it, it's ok when we do it