ITT: sequels that ruined the series

Attached: 1657609789054.jpg (1200x1200, 828.78K)

Botw 2

What got me was the spike in difficulty. First time playing Doom (2016) I played through hard first playthrough with very few deaths. Eternal drops and first playthrough I had to drop it to normal since it was getting tedious in spots. Great game tho.
>inb4 git gud
I beat it on the harder difficulties later on.

... by being so good it's impossible to go back to the old games

All of them.

Persona 3

Attached: fallingwithstyle.webm (854x480, 2.76M)

this is what passes for doom these days

You mean ruined a shitty unfocused previous game by being better in almost every regard.
Remember red orange grey instead of level design?
Remember passive punching bag enemies begging to be glory killed?
Remember imps hitting for 50 hp?
Remember shitty hl2 style exposition dumps while nothing happens?
Remember shit enemy roster?
Remember AMMO CRATES which were left from Doom4 era development?
Remember dogshit weapon balance?
Remember arenas being a square shit?
Remember hp drop being tied to difficulty?
Remember shitty equipment aka grenade, hologram and siphon?
Remember weak ass halostyle weaponbutt punch?

>this is considered good gameplay
what happened to gaming bros?

As much as I enjoy the newer DOOM games, I can't help but feel that they're both really just Quake 3 with how twitchy they can be versus their predecessors.

I'm guessing this is eternal but I thought doom 2016 was basically exactly what Doom made in 2016 would have looked like.
>same key finding gameplay
>weapons dont go away when you die
>have weapon upgrades because of this
>checkpoints instead of teleporting you back to the start of the level
>fights are able to be harder because of this
>voiced story dialogue every level instead of one screen at the end of every episode (I dont like this but it was unavoidable and is far better than the average movie game)
They've just focused more on the type of gameplay found in D2 map 7 and 8 rather than the almost survival horror type resource gameplay of Doom 1 at higher difficulties

>almost survival horror type resource gameplay of Doom 1 at higher difficulties
Stop sniffing your own farts. Even with pistol start UV you literally swim in ammoin d1

>rather than the almost survival horror type resource gameplay of Doom 1 at higher difficulties

Attached: whatthefuck.jpg (300x300, 30.6K)

>It's been 1 nanosecond since Any Forums cried about doom eternal

Best FPS ever made
Cry a river fags
And don't forget to suck my dick

why arent (You) playing it right now then faggot?

When I played I was low on ammo quite often and it was quite scary running through the vent sections and the rooms with flashing lights or no lights.

Attached: anime-pillow.gif (352x366, 2.99M)

Don't shoot the walls, dummy!

I am. I grew an extra set of arms so I can always play it on a second computer.

i really hated the melee system in doom 2016 so couldnt ever get into it, does it work the same way in eternal? do you have to bash low health enemies for ammo?

Doom 2016 was my favorite game for several years straight. I kind of despised Eternal on the first playthrough.

Then I grew up and realized all of this is true, and now I can't really enjoy that game anymore when I go back for a replay.

I do still miss it taking itself seriously and being a sweaty semi-plausible murder simulator, but that shift in tone is a small price to pay for readable graphics I guess

Attached: 1647813161913.png (661x623, 467.2K)