Fatal Fury

What should they do for the next game?

Attached: Fatal Fury.jpg (1240x800, 330.31K)

Also I saw Garou 2 randomly trend earlier for no reason

Someone has a development build of it and was bragging about it.

yeah but they didn't get far enough for anything to be playable. It was mostly just basic information and sprite sheets. Nothing too special

Terry vs Geese in space.

None of it will be playable, but we got to see potentially new moves for some of the characters and even Joe's student's walk cycle + colors. Part of it trending too was Oda saying on Twitter that the reason he returned to SNK was to make Garou 2. That he wants to finish what he started. Seeing that dev kit stuff from 20 years ago must bring mixed feelings for him.

Attached: FLwpXE9aQAApja4.jpg (1365x2048, 265.38K)

bring back plane switching.

Yuri and her cute butt!

Attached: 1606511304292.jpg (725x1199, 130.55K)

based

I'd buy it honestly

Unless they hire a studio that can make appealing graphics I don't want it yet. Otherwise keep the side switching gone, maybe revamp the combo system to be more uniform like the kof system, but keep it 1v1 with no super cancel into other supers. Also breaks are gay and should just be replaced with a single special EX move that uses half meter if they wanna keep the option

Beside the dev kit stuff a current dev made a tweet expressing his desire to continue the Fatal Fury series and make a Garou 2.

Attached: bjenet-anim.gif (304x224, 354.57K)

>Unless they hire a studio that can make appealing graphics I don't want it yet.
XV looks fine though

Wasn't it abandoned for KOF which has had way more games than FF? Also why did they stop doing that two planes to fight in thing? That seemed pretty cool.

Nah, in the later 90's they were still releasing the Real Bout games, Real Bout 2 came out in 1998 and Garou came out in 1999. Garou was specifically created to be SNK's answer to SFIII so they designed it to be closer to that game then previous Fatal Fury games. While Garou is generally the only FF known in the west in Japan the most popular game is actually Fatal Fury Special. FFS was the first real game to make people start ditching SFII so it was quite popular at release, allowing it to remain a niche game there.

Attached: FOd0ZnAakAAmN35.jpg (800x1132, 85.34K)

SNK stopped making AoF and FF because the company was flailing and going down the shitter so it was safer to just make KOF games since it featured characters from both of those games anyway.

i liked the real bout combo system

Garou is still trending hours later. Turns out it was Oda himself who tweeted MOTW2 which is a bigger deal than some random dev mentioning it. He already mentioned last year he wants to do a new Fatal Fury and a long running rumor has been the next game after KOF XV would be Fatal Fury. I'm not saying this confirms it but it would be a missed opportunity.

A real one, not MotW2. I hate MotW and its shitty characters, garbage aesthetic, terrible music and dull gameplay. Give me another Real Bout and plane shifting.

>garbage aesthetic, terrible music
Are you trolling

Special is also a way better game than MotW.

No, I generally like the bright and big look of the Real Bout games more as well as the general KoF aesthetic. MotW looks more like a Noise Factory game and the character design is shit with none of them really feeling like proper SNK characters.

The music is probably the worst soundtrack ever made pre-bankruptcy. The songs suck to a degree that SNK wouldn't achieve again until KoF 2002 amd 2003.

motw is cool but i think i enjoyed playing real bout more,that being said i dont really have much of an opinion on plane switching

Fatal Fury Eternal