What happened to creativity? I mean, I get it when AAA studios rip each other off to make the safest possible product...

youtube.com/watch?v=1OcEQfCABrM

What happened to creativity? I mean, I get it when AAA studios rip each other off to make the safest possible product, but why is also the indie scene full of literal clone games now?

It's not like they didn't put in effort, the art looks good and the gameplay looks okay but why did it have to be a 1:1 rip-off from Hollow Knight? Why not make something yourself?

Attached: 1633918031488.jpg (1024x738, 54.49K)

Name one original idea then

This isn’t a new phenomena and exists for every form of media through all time. It’s how culture evolves

Where’s your game btw?

Ah yes, Hollow Knight, that 100% original game that invented the 2D platformer genre

quirky earthbound inspired indie rpg

Hollow Knightfags/Soulsfags don't really care, they just want more games that play like it

>chinese dev
do the math

This is about the art, you idiot.

>caring about the art
Oh you're one of those niggers

>not caring about aesthetics
Yeah, 100% autism.

>Yeah, 100% autism.
I know. After all, only an autist would think gameplay doesn't matter in a videogame

Nice strawman. Gameplay does matter, more than anything in fact but that doesn't matter that aesthetics don't matter.

>but that doesn't matter that aesthetics don't matter
Okay autist. Try calming down so you can make intelligible posts again

Hollow Knight's art isn't original either

indie developers are people after all, and people crave money
smash hits like Hollow Knight, Stardew and Slay the Spire make a lot of money despite being indie and so these games receive a ton of clones, since other people want that money
indies are just as guilty (if not more so) of chasing trends than AAA, oddly enough

Attached: deck builders.jpg (5760x8639, 3.85M)

fucking kek that's literally a 1:1 copy
did the devs rip the assets straight from HK

Attached: woman-laughing-herself-to-tears-BYB616.jpg (1300x953, 122.2K)

>2D game
>assets

Are you retarded?

Are you?

what are you implying nigger? do you know the meaning of the word asset?

Yes. Do you?
>yeah dude let me just go to the pixel art asset store so I can buy a default asset for my platforms

team cherry is fully supportive of this game

retard

What the fuck are you talking about you retard? "An asset" in video game development can mean almost any resource outside the code base. This includes textures, sound effects, music, logos, models etc.

>only "argument" is "d-do you even know?"
>starts shitflinging when BTFO
Thanks for conceding.
Yes, stealing assets totally means stealing music.

>Indie makes something they like and unique
>no audience for it and doesn't sell

>indie makes game "inspired" by other successful game
>Indie dev makes money

Hmmm....
Which path to choose....
Money selling copy or no money.....
Hmmmm.....

I just entered this thread to call you a retard because I saw your post on the index. That's how bad you post was

>be indie that puts heart and soul into game
>no sales, have to go live under bridge and work at mcdonalds
>see person next to you make soulless chinese gacha #5052 and become billionaire
>they use this to make copy paste reskins of the same game and people eat it up
Gee I wonder