Need help with gaming monitor

Can anyone explain why I shouldn't just get this cheap 4K monitor

amazon.com/Fiodio-Monitor-2xDisplay-Adjustable-Wide-Viewing/dp/B09KHJJMK9

instead of this more expensive LG monitor?

amazon.com/LG-38GL950G-B-Ultragear-Monitor-Refresh/dp/B07ZS1DZM1

Attached: file.png (744x724, 397.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benq.com/en-ap/monitor/stylish/gl2450.html
geizhals.eu/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=11939_27~11940_27~11955_IPS~11963_144~14591_38402160
amazon.com/Samsung-49-Inch-Curved-Monitor-LC49HG90DMNXZA/dp/B072C7TNC5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>born for gameplay
>led backlight
>2 hdmi
>2 display port
>audio out

Attached: 1651066546202.jpg (480x640, 12.42K)

Well for one thing I have no idea who Fiodio is so it's probably some cheap Chinese shit that's either going to look awful or lie about the specs

That LG one you're paying for a good quality panel with features like HDR and stuff.

When it comes to PC stuff yes you can just buy "cheap" but you're getting what you pay for

shit i forgot about HDR

For context, I used to use a Samsung QLED 2019 curved gaming monitor 144hz have but it cracked during transport when i moved to Texas

I've been using a 21" Ben Q monitor as a backup for the last seven months
benq.com/en-ap/monitor/stylish/gl2450.html

Why do you need 4K? The current HDMI 2.1 can't run 4K at 144hz. Buy the monitor that has DP 2.0 - 4K 144 hz or 8K 60hz.

ok cool, i'll look for one with those capabilities

>Ultrawide

Meme, don't do this

>Curved

Flat is better

>Fidio

Literally fucking who? Buying no-name monitor brands can be good or horrible.

Just buy a 1440p 144Hz 27" monitor from ASUS / LG / Samsung / BenQ(Zowie)

Too bad, there is no monitor that has DP 2.0 right now. They will come next year.

like i said, i do video editing. a ultrawide would be a godsend

get Gigabyte M34WQ instead

One is VA and one is IPS.
IPS: Less ghosting, worse blacks
VA: More ghosting, better blacks
If you go the VA route you have to do extra research because it ranges from noticeable but acceptable to extreme ghosting where something colorful on the screen leaves a 200px trail behind on a dark background as you move the camera or something.
VA is nice if you're focusing on more cinematic games but not recommended for games taht actually make use of that high refresh rate. I'd never buy a high refresh VA.
Ultrawide is a meme though.

for one none of the monitors you linked are 4k, theyre 1440p and 1600p. then you fell for not only the ultra wide meme but also for the curved meme
and if you need someone to tell you why you shouldnt go with a cheap unknown brand for a product that is still pretty expensive then i cant help you.
but one thing you could do is get better site to look for shit. amazon doesnt have the best offers. i think pcparticker is similar to geizhals but for US. i dont know of other sites similar to geizhals for the US but you could still check out geizhals just to find the model and then search for it in the US from there.
geizhals.eu/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=11939_27~11940_27~11955_IPS~11963_144~14591_38402160
you can dial the settings around to find what you want

they didnt respond so yeah

>cheap monitor
Enjoy your ghosting and smearing.

The chink shit one probably has much worse motion quality. Go find an actual review for it. Never buy that sort of stuff blind..
Also only the LG is 4K ppi, the other one is only 1440p ppi wise
I wouldn't buy any of these 2 for gaming, especially the LG one because at this price you might find an LG C1 oled which is much better for gaming and content consoomption

Dumb tard

If your video editing work is serious, find a good ultrawide with good colors ootb or make sure to calibrate it.
If that's for work, you don't need it to run at 180hz bro. The LG would probably be a good pick but you're gonna struggle to run that resolution for games and LG's oleds are still better for gaymes so keep that in mind.

Attached: 1653782085452.jpg (2591x3624, 943.71K)

MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

Seems worth it
If you can though you should probably try one of the Gigabyte ones IF they are in stock

>muh meme
OP said he's working with this. Ultrawide is fantastic for work (and games if you're willin to thinker)
The curve isn't a meme when it's this large.

>Fiodio
The fact that I can't even find the proper specs of this shit on the web is telling. You can bet they either lie or everything but the carefully picked specs they talk about is garbage.

What about HDR, VRR, response time etc?

The LG one also smears btw. Anything will smear without BFI, even oleds.

Can you please explain why it's better for work? The aspect ratio has nothing to do with screen real estate. You don't get more screen automatically just because it's wide. It was commonly accepted that 16:10 was the better ratio for work than 16:9 but now we're literally going the opposite here.

Curved is great for work, but it's shit for games, plus if there is a lot of energy fluctuation you might get either dark spots on the ends or worse smoke coming out of them.

It's a hit or miss unfortunately as sometimes buying a ultrawide would be cheaper than two monitors

>If your video editing work is serious, find a good ultrawide with good colors ootb or make sure to calibrate it.

Ok cool I'll add that to the list of things to look out for. Do you think you can tell me why it's $1.4k though? I'm watching Hardware Unboxed n this exact model and I'm not seeing any reason why it's different from other curved monitors.

Also for context

the reviews said the specs are legit. what's your thoughts on that?

>What about HDR, VRR, response time etc?
Definitely need HDR for editiing work and response time/VRR is important for the games I play

If you've used adobe premiere pro you'd know why. the more of the timeline you can see and the more of the workflow that fits on screen the easier it is to work

Yes ofcourse but it's highly reduced on fast response time monitors.
Anything more than 3ms GTG and 10ms total response time will be extra smeary.

You do get more space and without the scaling drawbacks of full 4K.
Literally can't live without that additional space anymore.

nta but you do get more screen real estate as there are more pixels added. its not like the pixels are just stretched, you just get a bit more. but before going ultra wide for more screen space id rather just get a second monitor all together or get a higher resolution 16:9 or even both.

>but it's shit for games
I don't think so.

OP again. I've listened to advice so far, but what do you guys think about this?

amazon.com/Samsung-49-Inch-Curved-Monitor-LC49HG90DMNXZA/dp/B072C7TNC5

Attached: file.png (1281x474, 323.14K)

>Definitely need HDR for editiing work and response time/VRR is important for the games I play
I mean does the Fiodio support those? I can't find anything.

it is because most games arent optimized around it. sometimes the screen wont fill out and youre just left with a 16:9 window on a 21:9 screen, sometimes you do get the full window but with black bars on the side, even if you do get the full proper image, the UI will most of the time be pushed off to the sides making it harder to see from your peripheral vision, and if they are placed more in the middle like a 16:9 then what really is the differrence for games? its nothing more than the FOV and nothing else for video games at least. sure, looks nicer, but is it worth it for the desk space you have to clear and the exrta money you have to pay? if i were to put an ultra wide on my comparatively small desk i couldnt fit a second, normal monitor on the desk and id be left with effectively less screen real estate than if i just went with two 16:9.

I have never heard of Fiodio, but that panel seems to be sourced from AUO at least, so there's that. I'd still advice against these cheap chinese no-name brands.

I guess I understand it for something with timelines, but that's very specific work. It's worse for most other types of work, like spreadsheets. Cool, it's wide, but now you have to scroll more to get the vertical part.
I'm also not trying to shit on a monitor just because it's not good for general purpose. If someone does a lot of video editing, then it makes sense. But also we are on a vidya board, and then you just play the "does it have ultrawide support" lottery.
Also this is just my personal taste, even if ultrawide support was perfect, I still hate it. I hate that movies are that aspect ratio. I feel like 16:9 fits the eyes better and there's a claustrophobic feel to original format movies.
This is all my opinion, but the thing I'm criticizing does also cost more and have worse support so it's worth putting out there.

OP here. I used to be able to game on my old monitor though. None of the issues with my games manifested. it was 34" 4k curved monitor. screen broke when i moved so im looking for another one that's even better

Attached: 20210720_162056.jpg (3734x1770, 1.41M)