Buy disc

>buy disc
>contains full version of game
>still requires online check-ins
>disc becomes worthless paperweight after servers go offline
>this is somehow better than digital

Why is it taking so long for us to ditch physical game purchases? These things are useless.

Attached: you will own nothing.png (720x690, 205.24K)

No thanks, I'll take the full game on a disk which I can purchase and play forever

Nah, I'll take "full game is on disc and I can play it without connecting to internet". Fuck off.

Attached: FXVI0U2XoAMF5Qj.jpg (1279x1083, 180.02K)

Don't try to reason with physicalnigs
they left their brain rotting away on their piles of vidya boxes, which made them extra stupid

Yes, if you play on a Microsoft Brand DRMBox, then physical is worthless. The console itself is also worthless if you dont register it online first.

Attached: artworks-VMxaNLZVRzUTNtoc-njQMQg-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 39.62K)

>I'll take the full game on a disk which I can purchase and play forever
Er, no, you can't.

A game like Halo Infinite can't even be fully installed offline. There's no way to install the singleplayer campaign offline. You NEED to have an Internet connection to even finish installing the singleplayer campaign.

What happens 30 years from now when the Xbox Network goes down and you feel like installing Halo Infinite? What then? You think you can install the game and have access to the campaign? Lol

Again, discs are useless

Attached: you must go online to complete the installation of halo infinite.png (1284x592, 181.02K)

>he spends money on downloads

Attached: IMG_1440.jpg (1170x989, 193.85K)

For this particular piece of shit? Yes, it is. Its a glorified watered down Destiny anyway so people shouldn't have expected it to not require online.

>30 years
You will die before Microsoft does.

>implying you will even be able to use their shitbox still in 30 years

Lol why would I want to play a Halo game in the first place

Attached: halo is for faggots.jpg (750x912, 255.65K)

>splitscreen co-op isn't even on the disc

Attached: halo-infinite-co-op.jpg (1200x675, 160.6K)

Is that really his biggest complaint though? You'd think it would be the lack of Co-Op campaign at launch which he said he wanted to play with his son, or the lack of Forge Mode which by the time it drops there will be little interest in the game and as such a lower amount of people making interesting things unlike if it had been out on launch day when the game's player count was peaking. Personally my biggest complaint is that there's no fucking persistent lobbies in multiplayer, I miss just hanging out in pub lobbies shootin the shit with randoms. Now you get kicked back to the main menu after every match so the sbmm can revaluate your mmr or whatever. I just wanna have fun, the thing video games used to be about. sbmm is fine but keep it to ranked mode, isn't that what it's for? Why does it have to be in every single facet of the game.

What's the point of having a game on disc that you own physically if it sucks so bad you don't want to play it anyways.

>What's the point of having a game on disc that you own physically if it sucks so bad you don't want to play it anyways.
it's the principle that matters not the game itself you fucking retard

>series x requires you to connect online at least once to play physical games
>switch and ps5 can play games while never going online
fuck microsoft

>Not the game itself
So what, everything is fine if half a game works on disc? What re they going to do mail you out the co-op and forge mode discs later? kys retard. Maybe you'd have a point if they actually finished the game before launch. But they didn't, so it's impossible for them to actually completely put the thing on disc. So yes the game itself matters.

>What happens 30 years from now when the Xbox Network goes down and you feel like installing Halo Infinite? What then? You think you can install the game and have access to the campaign? Lol
this is why cracks exist

You can theoretically crack a physical version, but you can't re-download a digital version after the servers are shut down. Of course, if it's an online-only game then cracking isn't going to be enough. But if it has a singleplayer campaign, then it very well might be

Or just don't buy shitty modern AAA game from developers/publishers that kill games

>Why is it taking so long for us to ditch physical game purchases? These things are useless.
They're being made useless on purpose.
A game that can be installed completely offline from a disc is superior to digital downloads because it can't be taken away from you, and this is a problem for publishers. That's why they're starting the deprecation of physical media by making them worse so nobody will buy them, and then they'll have justification to stop doing physical releases altogether.

The day consoles go digital only is the day I stop buying consoles

Since Stray doesn't have a physical copy at launch I bought it on Steam instead of PS5

And yet MS has already killed the gfwl store in my life time, stealing the handful of games I foolishly purchased on there.

The point is that this shit could happen with a good game