What is the point in giving you the "cool dickhead" dialogue options if every character just one-ups you and tells you...

What is the point in giving you the "cool dickhead" dialogue options if every character just one-ups you and tells you to shut the fuck up?
Why does most of the dialogue has this snarky-sarcastic-quippy flair to it?
It was pretty bad overall
what do you think?

Attached: 1636152659903.png (897x496, 594.48K)

I feel like modern writers can't imagine writing something they actually believe in, everything must be masked behind ten layers of irony and "le quippy jokes"

Play dogshit games, get dogshit results.
If you are not playing games made for 100% heterosexual boys, teens and men with good dose of edge or stoicism or heroism, you are wasting your time and should shut the fuck up, you get what you deserve faggot.

this

Can't believe I bought this. So desperate for a new BG adventure I was. Thank god these faggots and trannies got robbed of the license. I'm thoroughly enjoying Larian's take on BG so far at least.

I didn't know shit about it before playing
I vaguely remember it coming out a few years back... I think I avoided threads about it because I haven't played BG yet
But yeah you're right

I didn't play this, but in all RPGs I simply kill every NPC who's rude/uppity towards me, simple as.

Based

>headshot dickhead questgiver
>"this NPC is now unconscious"
What now, faggot?

uninstall and move on to the next game, I don't care for badly designed trash

>Why does most of the dialogue has this snarky-sarcastic-quippy flair to it?
peak millennial shit

based

post roman statue pfp

Mod it since I am not a faggot consoletard.

larian keeps on saving the crpg, ever since jumpstarting the crpg revolution with DoS 8 years ago

>HE PLAYED BEAMDOGS GARBAGE
You genuine idiot.

Here's how you play the enhanced editions
Is it BioWare? Play it.
Is it Beamdog? Dispose it.

Going to be real, I actually like the idea of 'cool dickhead' lines being met with everyone one-upping them and telling you to shut up. The idea that a game gives you the option to try and sound like an edgy dick, only so characters can go 'stop trying to sound like an edgy dick' is some actually fun roleplay that confronts you with your own stupid choices.

I enjoyed the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition at least. Planescape Torment wasn't bad either.

>Why does most of the dialogue has this snarky-sarcastic-quippy flair to it?
Play any modern CRPG. They all have this problem. It's like subtlety and gravitas is a lost art among the writers of the genre.

yea with better writing its a cool idea.

>Released 2016
>745 reviews
Why did it fail so hard? I thought baldur's gate was popular.

Isn't this the one with the tranny in it? The one NPC that you can't say a mean word to, despite your alignment?

>dragonspear
We warned you about Beamdog, bro!
We TOLD you dog!

I think they took it out or heavily edited it after backlash but yeah. I remember when it launched and one of the CM's (some roastie of course) literally tagged Anita Sarkeesian and others freaking out that they were being "review bombed" for having trans representation. The secondhand embarrassment was strong that day.

Modern game "writers" actually hate games, they just get that job as some sort of (imaginary) stepping stone into Hollywood or Bazzzzinga like sitcoms.
So they write what they actually want to write, zingy-zappy, qwirky crap covered with large amounts of political garbage.

Sorry I was just talking about Baldurs gate. Same thing applies for the other shit though just ignore beamdog stuff, its not good.

The only thing beamdog did okay was make the client work well (is hard? probably not- mods could have im sure)

Yeah your main point remains, the only reason IWD and Planescape EE's were good is because Beamdog didn't fuck with them beyond their usual upgrades.

To add even then most of what they did do can be achieved with mods I'm pretty sure.

Aside from the antagonistic PR response, it’s because people saw through how unnecessary it was.
With the boatload of bugs included, it exposed Beamdog for being a purely parasitic company that couldn’t be trusted with using other people’s work to boost their original content.

Ironically, Larian gets far less shit for BG3 being an unnecessary sequel because of how disconnected it is. Beamdog wanted people to accept dragonspear as an interquel with the same gameplay as the originals, which immediately put it up for an unfavourable comparison

Thing is, you could have done a character like that in an interesting way. There's cursed items in the lore that can change your gender, it can fucking happen to Edwin in the original game. So if someone wants to literally gender swap to be in their "true" body, they should be able to do that, and nobody would be the wiser, nor would you need to tell everyone about it.
But no. This character isn't like that. They didn't use any such item, like the Girdle of Femininity, they simply "live their truth" and play make believe, just like they do in the real world:
>"When I was born, my parents thought me a boy and raised me as such. In time, we all came to understand I was truly a woman. I created my new name from syllables of different languages. All have special meaning to me, it is the truest reflection of who I am."

Most irritating is that every response has to be positive. I think that's what grated on people the most and does when any RPG game does shit like that nowadays.

You deserve everything you get for giving money to Beamdog. Now you just fucking sit there and think about what you've done

Attached: 1566130942592.jpg (400x400, 23.21K)

The writer is shit. Even Beamdog dropped her. That's all there is to it

What is Beamdog doing nowadays anyway? Are they still in business? Last I saw they were counting on developing BG3 but that fell through.

Tbf that was a fairly awful prequel

>what do you think?
I think it was good. I enjoyed it way more than Throne of Baal, mostly because it is still a low to mid level D&D adventure and not in the crazy 25+ level ranges that you get into in ToB. Enemy variance was also great. I do admit that the story wasn't particularly good, and I really hated few of the characters like that dumb ass thief/cleric. Worth pirating and I've certainly played worse CRPGs.

>"Aspyr through its parent Embracer Group announced its acquisition of Beamdog in April 2022 for an undisclosed sum"

Hijacking this thread. Say I've never played a CRPG (I haven't) What is the best written end-all be-all CRPG, and what is the second best? I'm hoping someone will say BG3 because I wanted to try it

The best thing they did was put NWN on xbox but it was missing so many of the servers I guess it doesn't matter