What's the best Dragon Quest to check out if I've never played one? I don't want anything generic...

What's the best Dragon Quest to check out if I've never played one? I don't want anything generic. Something with soul if possible.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

>I don't want anything generic
You are barking up the wrong tree, babe.

Says who, honey?

>best to start
DQ8 or DQ 11
>not generic
DQ3, DQ4
>soul
All

Attached: md-delicate-scene.jpg (406x500, 65.77K)

Dragon quest 8 (ps2) is my favorite. Only 4 characters in your team, nice story, nice postgame, the monster arena was fun. The world also looked great. Weapons and abilities aren't balanced though, some of them are definitely better than others.
Dragon quest 5 lets you marry one girl (3 options in the ds game), have children and have these children fight by your side, which is a pretty interesting concept.

8 is a great game overall. But you know Dragon Quest is pure generic, it sells itself on being generic.

>I don't want anything generic.
You're looking at the wrong series then.

DQ11 has the most soulful companions so I'd recommend that. However they are all generic vanilla fantasy games, still enjoyable but lower expectations

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

I've no idea what do your perception of this series is, but DQ11 is literally "what if random early 90's SNES JRPG but with modern UE4 graphics". And DQ8 is the same but PS2 graphics. Everything else is top down and even more cookie cutter.

DQ has ALL the cliché tropes like you being the chosen one, the villain burning down your village etc. Every single one of them.

Learn Japanese first, none of the games are properly translated.

What I don't like about XI is how most of the wildness (specially the mountains and rock formations) look like generic Unreal store assets, specially when VIII nailed the Toriyama style. This franchise deserves better.

Fuck, maybe I'll just play Final Fantasy 13...

What's the best Dragon Quest to check out if I'm a coomer?

These

Attached: file.png (299x319, 29.1K)

Attached: 8.jpg (616x353, 118.89K)

Too generic, also I gave up on the Yakuza series midway through 2.

lots of people consider Dragon Quest V to be one of the greatest games of all time, if you can get into snes graphics I’d say give it a try, it’s one of the more ambitious games in the series with the sheer scope of its story

Attached: 5268DAEF-579E-4308-9CDC-8CED9E805223.jpg (1920x1080, 389.23K)

Its a better dragon quest game than any actual dragon quest game. Ive never played any of the actual yakuza games

holy shit XI has some of the worst audio I've ever heard

Attached: 1552974214824.gif (250x220, 1.58M)

Every DQ is both generic and pure soul. XI is a perfect place to start, and wont ruin the earlier entries in any way.

>Generic
>Soul
Doesn't add up

Attached: 1634528096808.jpg (800x1095, 93.32K)

DQ11S was my first DQ and I loved it.

DQ11 is too boring...

Attached: file.png (450x362, 88.9K)

Why do people draw armpits like that

because they have actually seen a shaved armpit

Did she fuck grandpa?