Just hit 47 hours played after buying it during the summer sale

Just hit 47 hours played after buying it during the summer sale.

I'm level 40 with:
128 logging
132 mining
127 harvesting
118 Tracking and Skinning

115 Smelting
118 Woodworking
78 Leatherworking
77 Weaving
100 Engineering
87 Stonecutting
62 Armoring
67 Weaponsmithing
50 Cooking
52 Furnishing

I am absolutely addicted to this game. I'm going to max out all the professions. It's so much fun. What do you think about it? There are tons of people on the weekends playing.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 52.18K)

I had fun with it till i hit max level and they constantly made rhe game worse everypatch. I genuinely enjoyed playing up until lvl 50 or so. Eh i got over 100 hours of fun before quitting so its fine.
The problem isnt hitting endgame. Its realizing every patch its 1 thing fixed 40 new broken things. I legit think if they had never patched the game and kept it in its broken launch state more people would still be playing. Because you still had hope that the next patch would fix things despite the game being flawed now. You can put up with busted bullshit if you think theres going to be an eventual payoff.
The only thing the patches have done is show how incompetent everyone is and that its impossible for them to turn new world into a good game.

I like the gameplay mechanics but 3 weeks after release I came to the realization that the game doesn't work without people flagging for PVP and even then it's too lenient.
Resource gathering doesn't work if there's no threat of dying or losing what you just gathered.
Zone control bonuses aren't big enough to justify signing up for war or helping out Guilds.
Guild drama has little reason to exist as well because of this.

I told myself it'd get better in a year or two but checking update sporadicly I don't see them addressing the issues ever. Could have been a special game. Shame

no one will reply seriously to you because this is a shill thread, but i just want you to know that i care and i appreciate your input :)

this had potential before they changed the focus from pvp to pve
if this game had mandatory world pvp and you dropped your shit on death it could have something interesting
every system this game has is obsolete the second they allow you to die without consequences

Aqua eating watermelon
Kill yourself shill

Attached: 92odnldtjn651.jpg (301x535, 28.38K)

>game was planned to be a pvp sandbox with player-built cities and economy
>change the entire premise one year before launch and turn it into a wow-like theme park mmo
the only people left playing it are the usual low IQ morons who tend to get addicted to dogshit mmos. this is not a fun or refined game. it's just another garbage box.

Attached: new world.jpg (742x759, 132.61K)

>turn it into a wow-like theme park mmo
what? the game had literally no endgame loop and no actual PVE content, it actually would have done infinitely better if it was anything like WoW.

the watermark system on launch was the stupidest and laziest system ever implemented in a game to this day

>That one bug where moving the game in windowed mode made you invincible
>That time people found a way to duplicate gold so the devs panicked and shut down all trading for weeks
>The update that made end-game crafted gear dogshit retroactively so everyone who bought it got fucked and everyone who made it got fucked because nobody else would buy
I'll explain this at the end
>The DPS bug that had people in wars one shitting each other
>The devs denied auto-bans were real multiple times but guilds were still able to mass report and auto-ban top players during wars
>That AoE big that made poorfags crash during wars if everyone spammed the same AoE moves
>Basically zero quests near end-game to force people to slow down and take ages to hit max level
>Best way to get exp is actually by spamming boring auto-generated town quests

Not sure if they ever fixed it but they had a retarded idea to make max level gear insanely overpowered for people who grinded for weeks. OP gear came from grinding a new exp system instead of grinding a group dungeon like most MMOs.
>At max level players can grind elite mobs and chests to level up a new exp system
>The higher this level, the better the drops from bosses and chests
>So if I hit max level today I won't get cool gear like a friend who has been max level for 5 months even if we open the same chest
>This may sound like a decent idea if you're retarded, but the difference in gear was fucking MASSIVE
>Gear after grinding for weeks/months will one or two shot gear found as a brand new max level
>Most MMOs let brand new max levels go run a dungeon for a chance at this OP gear, but not New World. New World wants you to grind.
>Some people were just buying crafted gear that was super strong to skip grinding for weeks, but an update broke this gear so it got nerfed down to your "grinding level" to fuck everyone who bought gear without grinding
Mfw

Attached: 1633621898492.jpg (540x413, 23.59K)

>On launch
They got rid of it? That made me quit more than the bugs

>gamebreaking bug
>server hotfix
>you can now dupe gold
>dupe hotfix
>now immortal in healing circle
>healing hotfix
>activates another dupe somehow
>fix dupe
>hatchet buff dmg never ends
etc etc

shill thread

I stuck with this game for a while when it launched, but once I got into the watermark grinding I realized I didn't enjoy the group gameplay at all. Having to deal with faction pvp douchebags on top of that didn't help matters. The cherry on top was when they decided to make high level crafted gear effectively worthless.

Thanks user I won't buy this now
I thought it was runescape but 3rd person

>talk about new game
>shill
>talk about old game
>shill

Christ.

Anyways OP, the honeymoon period will wear off soon. Tradeskills become tedious as fuck to level 100+ and grinding watermark is braindead and takes forever. Enjoy the dopamine hits from seeing number easily go up while you can.

Also, if you want to play just for the story, I hope you like lesbians. Apparently those Spanish colonists were lousy with them. Every other quest is about helping some dyke patch things up with her life partner. And if there's a guy involved, he's in for disappointment.

>PvP
>Sandbox
I mean, these are not one, but two redflags.

>friends gifts this game to me
>try it
>looks fun
>realize after a couple hours it's extremely repetitive and has literally nothing interesting
>I'm only lvl 2x
>friends is constantly asking me when I'm going to play again
bros..

>200 shilling

the only red flags about MMOs is the theme park skinnerbox MMO
>collect ten wolf pelts
>collect 10 flowers
>grind dungeon
>repeat thousand times
this is the kind of attraction that absolute morons enjoy

Oh, would you like me to tell you about the game's crafting system, and how everything revolves around farming Iron Ore forever and ever until the end of time?

I don't play theme park MMOs, and you should neither.