How did they make Oblivion so comfy?

How did they make Oblivion so comfy?

Attached: 1576409235534.jpg (1680x1050, 1.56M)

>a bethesda game

let me guess, that hut on your pic is the entire capital of the world?

vibrant green colours and good brown wooden houses

>How did they make Oblivion so comfy?
It's simple, you played it when you were a kid
That's it, that's the entirety of its magic

The colors and the music

Color palette
Woods
Jeremy Soul(e)

Definitely helps.
I dont know why game devs are so afraid of the outdoors being fucking green. Everything is so god damn washed out that it's shocking when I see a game with grass as green as the stuff outside my house.

>heavily modded screenshot

Green is comfy and only a minority of games go for that experience. Even on Any Forums on a supposed "comfy" thread there is a lack of material and you have people that post Silent Hill or the like for convoluted reasons.

By installing +150 different mods

Attached: 1415376123001.jpg (367x388, 17.62K)

SOVLE

soule audio kino
picard and trevelyan va kino
quest kino
wes johnson va kino
shivering isles

Soule.

deep...

Texture mods and unique places mods. This is how you actually make it comfy. And better lighting too.

Which are not compatible with each other and crash your game.

something about how the environment is shaded makes it look like a painting, the flora especially looks nice and vibrant

The game looks like a painting

Attached: 1606649935943.jpg (1280x1024, 128.43K)

childhood is falling in love with the lush forests of Cyrodiil
adulthood is falling in love with the harsh beauty of Morrowind

Attached: Tamriel Rebuilt May 2022.jpg (3775x3720, 2.43M)

Every time I think about going back to completing Oblivion, I remember how bad the leveling system is.

>harsh beauty
Sounds like a nice way to call something ugly

Copied LOTR.

anything can look like a painting, because paintings can look like anything. That just looks like low poly boomer shit

They spent all their budget on graphics and sound/VAs, and nothing on gameplay development. Launch Oblivion was still using the same TES Editor as Morrowind.
Other than adding physics, Oblivion plays exactly like Morrowind except with Accuracy disabled.

Childhood is hating Oblivion for not being Morrowind
Adulthood is understanding Oblivion is a good game that was never supposed to be Morrowind

good oblivion modpack?

>lets add a difficulty slider while also making it so the game scales with your level
Unironically worse leveling system than Final Fantasy 8