Is Call of Duty 3 worth playing/buying? It's on sale right now...

Is Call of Duty 3 worth playing/buying? It's on sale right now. The only COD game not available on PC and before COD turned into the same shit.

Attached: Call_of_Duty_3_Game_Cover.jpg (219x261, 32.03K)

i remember thinking it was a piece of shit at the time, but i was comparing it to cod 1 + uo and cod 2 for pc so it might be ok if you don't have those expectations going in

i vaguely remember there was some part you played as the french resistance or something

so it's worse than COD2? I thought 2 was shit and COD and UO amazing.

I remember having more fun with CoD 3 than 1/2, most CoD games besides maybe WaW/MW, but it is definitely more bare compared to most games past it. the class leveling/upgrade system being match/performance based was cool. I don't remember too much about the campaign. Does anyone even play it still?

remember playing the hell out of the cheap, junior version of the multiplayer on ps2. I enjoyed the light vehicle element it had, just jeeps.

>Guy shooting at the wrong side

yes its goated

It's a really unremarkable game. Clunky and weird and the Veteran difficulty is a fucking nightmare. I liked it when I played it like 15 years ago but it's not anything too special.

I'll never understand why this was a mainline CoD title when it was an exclusive. Usually those are given subtitles.

In general the early CoD games are worth playing, they aren't anything too amazing but they are definitely good

i just started re-playing cod2 sp
luv kar98

Anyone got the meme picture where the dude is pissed main guy keeps shooting the wrong way each game?

definitely worse than 2

>I thought 2 was shit
COD 3 kinda represented the transition shift towards more cinematic setpieces and scripted events. Dropping a lot of the wide open spaces or non linear objectives that COD 2 had. Only really nothing stands about the scripted stuff like the MW series. I think the AI was also a step back. Like in COD2, the AI would patrol or move around to find you. Whereas in COD3 they just kinda stand in one place and infinitely respawn. When they would perform their last stand, they would only fire forward with their primary. While in COD 2, they would pull out their secondary and try to aim at you.

I remember the multiplayer was a huge step up from COD 2 though. It was probably the best 360 game to play online till COD4 came out. And even future franchises couldn't really balance out the vehicle/infantry combat as well.

Its Treyarch so you know its dogshit already.
The MP is proto Cod4, with its own version of classes and each class having soecial oerks and killstreaks.
But it did it in a godawful way.
The campaign was terrible and unfun (on veteran). The epitome of grenade spam.

ok thanks all, online is probably dead and now I remember the awful grenade spam in WaW. I bought Burnout Revenge instead.

I'm the minority that actually like COD3's multiplayer but yeah it's dead, every time I tried playing it online on PS3 it came up empty.
I think it has the dubious honor of being the only COD game that doesn't even have a small fanbase playing it online.

Tried playing it in recent years, I mean

Attached: fug.jpg (728x1408, 165.48K)

>how do i quickscope

Fuck I'd give anything to play the MP again
This was my first online game

>It's on sale right now
where? and what platform?

yeah

It's the weakest mainline game

3 is the reason they pivoted away from ww2