Brandon Sanderson is already making a game, and Bandai Namco wants in

>Following Elden Ring's soaring success, Bandai Namco wants to work fantasy author Brandon Sanderson on a new video game...but Sanderson is already involved in a game project.
>Some weeks ago, Bandai Namco sent Mistborn and Stormlight Archive author Brandon Sanderson a special Elden Ring package that included a sword, a cloak, the game, and other collectibles. In the package was a note saying the publisher would like to collaborate with Sanderson on a new game, no doubt prompted by Elden Ring's amazingly successful input from George R.R. Martine.
>"If I were ever going to do a Soulsborne game, what would I do? So you know I've spent the last...it's like when I wondered what I'd do if I made a Magic The Gathering story, so I spent 4 years developing a Magic The Gathering story just in case they contacted me. The same way I've been thinking about a Soulsborne sort of game. Obviously I don't get to decide that, but I have it in the back of my head. I have some ideas."

What game is he working on, Any Forums?

Will it be as kino as his books?

tweaktown.com/news/85576/brandon-sanderson-is-already-making-game-and-bandai-namco-wants-in/index.html

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 09-00-46 91KzZWpgmyL.jpg (JPEG-Grafik 1572 × 2560 Pixel) - Skaliert (37%).png (586x955, 1.14M)

The more I reread Sanderson books the more I hate them. Like I don't know what it is, its magical how I just come to loathe them as I continue to return the pages. Whats up with that?

He claimed to be making a Mistborn vidya a long time ago. Fuck I would really enjoy that

I don't read books and I have absolutely no idea who this guy is but also at the same time I randomly got a Youtube recommendation of him talking about how he writes and he seems kind of based.
But I still don't know who he is.

Maybe he's making 3 Wheel of Time games.

that means they're not very good

>not hiring the king of fantasy to write your video game lore

Cringe...

Attached: j.png (588x955, 1.25M)

he's a fantasy writer whose main claim to fame is cranking out like four books a year

So he's the Steven King of writing?

Can't wait for "EVERYONE HAS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES AND MAGIC" the game.

What magic will I get for having tourette?

Fbi groomer magnet

Jolkien Rolkien Rolkien Tolkien and Terry Pratchett are both dead so that'd be a bit of a challenge

He has an extremely workhorse-level prose.
It probably comes from how machine guns out books, he doesn't really have craft in terms of the written word, he is, however, pretty creative and understands action and how a story should be formed. In this way, when you are learning the story, the way he writes is not a problem because you're captivated by the world and story. However, when you read something he did again, you realize how boring the writing is because when you know what the story is the book is basically worthless. This is a mark of pulp fiction tier story, but I have to say I really enjoy the Sanderson settings. He should do video games, probably the best place for him

Yeah, he's like Stephen king but writes solely fantasy and sci-fi

*blocks your path*

Attached: 7B726015-5981-46EA-9F65-3DFF689B2A35.jpg (2448x3264, 779.13K)

I quite liked the first two books of the stormlight archive but I had to put down Oathbringer because I just couldn't stand how it was written. Maybe it was the several year gap between reading the first two and that but I just couldn't take it seriously when the author described how Dalinar could make even eating breakfast seem super serious and it just felt so fucking unrelated to what was happening and for the sake of a cheap gag, like the author was writing the chap and put it in purely because he thought it would be funny.

Even Martin is worthy of more respect than Brandon Sanderson, Dark Star and weird fetishes aside, these elements at least make his stories more unique than the usual squeaky clean trite fantasy story that would make better manga/comics than literature.

Original Mistborn trilogy was my shit.
Are the ones in the future worth a read?

contrarian midwit take

BrandoSando is PEAK midwit

People who like Brandon are the contrarians.

nah hating brandon is a perfect example of pic related

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 318.8K)

people who say midwit are on the left of this graph pretending to be on the right tho

>t. midwit

left side doesn't read
middle reads one basic bitch genre fiction every few months
right side reads three books a week

Why can't we just get book/movie games that are as good as The Return of the King?

you sound like a little bitch if that's what was a deal breaker for you