Did you make your game yet?

did Any Forums finish his game?

Attached: godot-logo.png (600x600, 19.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pricklypeargames.itch.io/ballmonkey
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pic unrelated?

I'm going at it, fixing weird bugs one at a time until I can move from one grid square to the adjacent one. with the amount of troubles my custom system gave me I think I'm gonna look into the premade grid system.

the symbol is pretty synonymous with game development
I could have posted blender too I guess

It's hopeless

Attached: ic generals.webm (960x540, 2.46M)

I've spent literal hours contemplating and brainstorming ideas for my game, but I honestly don't think anyone else would like it or that I could feasibly create it by myself.

Well I don't think you should make your game because you're thinking about other people
The way games become popular are by creating a niche which people adore and this close group then gets infiltrated by faggots who want to be part of it just because (essential normie mentality) and then it spirals and fucking dies because it's competing with its sovl and the demographic of casuals
but that bit of kino at the beginning makes it all worth it
Anyways what is it?
Maybe some people then might join your team
I'm making an open word deck builder game
The cards you collect will sometimes be powers or allies/monsters the monsters have basic AI but you can command your allies at play to do certain things
It'll have RPG mechanics
pic rel is the playable character

Attached: elf.gif (128x64, 2.48K)

Should be launching a trailer and store page in about two months :)

show me one (1) good godot game.

>godot

Godot is great for 2D games. Stop being mean to it.

Mega Man Rock N Roll was good

I made a game today
pricklypeargames.itch.io/ballmonkey

Attached: slothwhip3.webm (640x360, 1004.37K)

not finished, but I added water.

Attached: woa-ah.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

>reacts behind the ball
looks great, but I think you can fix that by casting the ball's physics one or two frames ahead

cruelty squad
:^)

I WILL make my 2d sidescroller on unity, it WILL weigh 20GB, it WILL run at 20fps on a 3090 and you WILL like it

Attached: 1657527220069.webm (600x450, 2.58M)

how do you make so many games, pear sama

Not a solution for the current systen.
The ball is basically drawn to a render target and this is applied to the water.
And I think it doesn't matter at all in regular gameplay. No normal (non-autistic) player will care and that's why it's not worth spending days trying to improve this small thing when there are hundrets of other more important things to finish to have a game that can be considered a finished product and can be released.

familiarity with my toolkit and low standards mostly

>Anyways what is it?
It's going to sound autistic as fuck, but my basic idea was mixing the gameplay of classic Fallout with the atmosphere and premise Diablo. Wandering through corrupted churches that practice ritualistic sacrifices, towns that have lost all hope that God will save them, and even traveling back and forth from Hell. I've considered adopting some sort of magic/miracle system similar to something like Underrail, but with more fantastical elements such like curses, necromancy and the summoning of angels/demons. I decided that you should only control one character (besides summons), and that I should try to introduce at least basic changes into the world based on your actions. I don't know if people would like that sort of thing (gothic Fallout with no guns), and I have no clue how to make music whatsoever. I figure I could use Godot/Unity and Aesprite maybe for those two aspects, but I don't know anything about music or spritework.

Basically, I'm never ever getting shit done and I'm wasting my time thinking about it all the time.

Attached: ALzBNk24e4ZQvhTiZo49NsrU.jpg (787x1024, 132.52K)