Last Call BBS

Anyone played it yet? Want to talk about it? I'll post my thoughts so far:

Attached: last-call-bbs-desktop.jpg (1200x675, 102.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rockpapershotgun.com/the-last-zachtronics-game-last-call-bbs-is-out-now-in-early-access
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

20th century food court kicks ass. I want more puzzles after I beat them all.
Xbpgh is thematically cool but the puzzle aspect is kind of boring.
Chipwiz is okay, probably the second best game
The rest is meh.

What is this? Is it like Hypnospace Outlaw?

It's a pack of Zachtronics minigames with a retro computer theme to tie them together.
If you don't know Zachtronics, they made Space Chem, Shenzhen I/O, and Opus Magnum. Basically, they make puzzle games that are almost like programming.

The minigames vary wildly in scope and content. Two solitaire variants, a plastic modle construction simulator with 3 Gandum type robot models, and three longer programing like games.

It's nostalgia tripe with some decent minigames but ultimately it just makes you wish the good minigames were actual games. The framing of the thing is so much wank over early internet computing I couldn't stand it. Refunded.

>tfw you finally figure out how to work with tape and then find the decal panel
Shame you can't have 'multiples' of a kit to really encourage getting funky with a paintjob.

Attached: Steed Force Hobby Studio - (PASCAL, 2022-07-07-21-28-35).gif (401x481, 146.59K)

>decal panel
WHAT

FUCKING WHAT NIGGER

>Zachtronics is going dysfunct because the entire world has become too low IQ retarded they can't be bothered to learn how to play a game about programming

I feel for the dev.

>he tried to paint the gun barrel by hand
so did i
It's in the top left drop down.

Attached: Steed Force Hobby Studio - (LOCKE, 2022-07-07-01-34-39).gif (401x481, 174.29K)

>Dungeons and Diagrams
It's a neat little logic puzzle. If you're familiar with nonograms it's that with extra restrictions.
>Circuit Builder
Fun if your IQ was too high for TIS-100 or Space Chem.
>Food Court
Haven't played it yet. Is that the one with wires going everywhere?
>Solitaire
Solitaire. I haven't downloaded the other version, but I imagine it changes things up.
>Gundam Simulator
Needs a QoL update or two. It's satisfying to make a mess and clean it up piece by piece.
>Match 4
Can't figure out the bombs.
>Ygrzh
This seems like the dev's favorite. It's legitimately creepy, especially in full screen, and I personally like the puzzle mechanics. Story concepts they were trying out in previous games get their most polished expression in this one. Like a lot of Cronenberg references, they do it better than he did.

>Overall
Dialup sounds like shit and I'm sorry for anyone unlucky enough to have developed nostalgia for it. It's cool that they leave certain things unexplained, like V+ in the circuit game, and you have to experiment to figure them out. I'm glad that Zachtronics is going out with a bang instead of a gurgle.

I can understand and even agree with design choices like having no tutorial for Xbpgh and keeping the minigames feature light for the theme of the game, but not allowing you to have multiple saves of the robots or even a way to reset your builds is inexcusable. Total fuckup by the devs.
Hopefully they patch in a way to redo them like I think they patched in a level editor for Xbpgh

It's technically early access, I could definitely see them patching in multiple bots.

>remake of IRL klondike solitaire
>remake of match game from exapunks
>remake of solitaire from elize
>remake of his old konstructor flash game

Steed force, X’BPGH, 20CFC and DnD are the only 'new' games, but they achieve what they set out to do. 20CFC might as well be a full zach game.

Unlocked paint options and mix/match decals would also be nice.

Attached: Steed Force Hobby Studio - (OCKHAM, 2022-07-07-17-58-10).gif (401x481, 133.98K)

>rockpapershotgun.com/the-last-zachtronics-game-last-call-bbs-is-out-now-in-early-access
>"I was hoping that I'd really like teaching and stay with that for a few years, but I learned that's definitely not the case and I'm having a hard time imagining anything other than games in my future, in some shape or form," Barth told Kotaku last month.
>"What we do next as individuals or collaborators is a question we are very actively discussing right now. I'm particularly interested in freelancing and weird side projects, while other members of the team are drawn to the idea of a stable job with more growth potential than a small indie studio that makes what's essentially the same game every year."

Attached: 1655596712275.jpg (620x335, 25.6K)

>leave certain things unexplained, like V+ in the circuit game
Uh, user... the I/O chart clearly shows it's a constant source of charge

>what's essentially the same game
Wow, Zach has no faith in his own skills. Someone tell me which game X’BPGH is identical to.
Is it infinifactory? I bet it's infinifactory.

uhh, bro.. every one of their games is a programming game with a different skin.

'Programming' is the UI yes. Explain how that's an identical game and not a genre.

So is he ditching being a teacher to go back to do... what exactly?
>freelancing and weird side projects
>a stable job with more growth potential than a small indie studio
That doesn't fucking sound like a remake of Bureau of Steam Engineering.

Attached: 1420518928203.jpg (162x211, 25.82K)

that's why he said essentially.
ass creed games, COD, soulshit is essentially the same game. not the same.
the difference between mario and hollow knight is far greater than between zach games, they are in the same genre(platformers) but are not similar.

You make enough games 'essentially' the same and you get a genre.
People made a lot of clones of Rogue, and now we have roguelikes. Eat your Zachlikes, Apollo.

Attached: 1365614405277.png (300x300, 44.4K)

>you can detach parts to paint them individually
AAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK IVE BEEN DOING THIS SHIT WORNG THE ENTIRE TIME

Attached: 1654847940606.jpg (845x576, 56.73K)