Stronghold

Which games in this series are worth it? Including re-releases and stuff. Particularly on Steam.

Attached: 234152-firefly-studios-stronghold-windows-other.jpg (800x798, 174.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/UnofficialCrusaderPatch/UnofficialCrusaderPatch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah. stronghold was always just the bastard child of the age of empires series. just another cheap-looking knock-off. aoe series is the fucking king and that's that, end of story.

Not what I asked you elitist fanboy faggot.

SH1 and Crusader are a must. The ones on steam and gog are fine. Also worth noting: Stronghold Europe, a crusader mod with SH1 looks.

Attached: truth.jpg (1164x345, 127.97K)

i did answer you, fuckface, just not the way you wanted. i'll give you my answer once more in the way you wanted: stronghold fucking sucks ass and none of the games in the series of shit are worth your money.

Stronghold and Stronghold: Crusader
There is "Extreme Edition" of the Crusader which allows more units and some retarded cheat-like stuff, but still can be played normally like the original.
Stronghold 2 is weird - what I enjoyed about it the most was the map creator, just create some nice landscape while listening to the beautiful music, which btw is great in all the previous games as well.
The war story felt easier than the peaceful one, hosting a feast where you present eel soup or some shit was much harder than getting an army.

hey goys hijaking thread rec me game like SC or Homewolrd :)

Attached: 1657509619774.png (639x815, 418.71K)

no

Stronghold 1 for campaign, Stronghold Crusader for skirmish.

Attached: ss_b2375345619a33f1441506d5c242ee8aa198e599.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.17M)

This.

Be sure to download the Unofficial Patch for Crusader if you plan on picking it up:
github.com/UnofficialCrusaderPatch/UnofficialCrusaderPatch

Nexus: Jupiter Incident

Stronghold 3, it isn't just the best stronghold game it is the best game ever made in human history.

>Stronghold 1 for campaign
You mean the one you literally can't finish?

what did he mean by this

Attached: 1465412044221.jpg (200x210, 10.88K)

If you're bad.

The're a level in the Pig's part of the campaign that is bugged so that it doesn't trigger the win. if you're lucky you don't get the bug.

The first game was a really cool budget title back in the day, with it focus on intricate fortification planning leading to a lot of siege and anti siege gameplay. But Stronghold Crusader was something else: the implementation of oasis zones and arab mercenaires created important disruptions to arable land and bad micro punishes with assassins, slave rushes, horse archer harrassment. Every game since has not been received as fondly as the first two, though I don't have the experiences to tell you why, as I pretty much only played crusader.

So yeah play Crusader or any acceptable remake of it. If you are serious, I would original Stronghold first, so that you won't miss the arab mercs from Crusader.

first I hear of this. Then again I played SH for the first time after years of patches.

Attached: 1606781773236.jpg (390x355, 33.63K)

Supremely based

It could be that it's fixed by now, but me and my friends all had the cd version and it doesn't matter how many units you get through the castle and get to the point, it just will not end the level.

Literally just 1 and Crusader, the rest are aids.

A message from the Pig, my lord...

>t.tranny
Stronghold is one of those games which have Soul.

Attached: fca.jpg (738x703, 25.76K)