Why didnt it sell? Was it a lack of homosexuality and blacks?

Why didnt it sell? Was it a lack of homosexuality and blacks?

Attached: qomjfexwpvapihk7qihw_350x200_3x-0.jpg (1050x1496, 232.12K)

Game too good for this fucked up rehash industry

Attached: 1651954.jpg (640x647, 45.84K)

awful bong writing, shitty fight mechanics, not trying to be with gta gun wise was bad choice. everything else was SOULLLLLLLLLLL.

Yakuza replaced it

This. Too much competition.

Too much SOVL

i enjoyed it and reccomended it to everyone for about 3 years everyday. There was not a single time i had a conversation where I didn't segue into the game.
>oh that looks cool, reminds me of sleeping dogs
>you know, sleeping dogs has good driving too
>oh if you love this writing, you'll love sleeping dogs
>you know i was just thinking this looks like it plays similar to sleeping dogs
>sleeping dogs has better gunplay honestly
>Deus ex? ohhhh you mean that company that did sleeping dogs
>sleeping dogs is actually on sale right now
>no sorry can't really do anything tonight, im playing sleeping dogs
>the rerelease changes a few things but i'd still say both versions of sleeping dogs are worth a playthrough
>can't really relate, all ive been playing is sleeping dogs
>sleeping dogs probably could have a had coop we should just play sleeping dogs together over discord or something

This was my life until i retired from shilling sleeping dogs, which honestly still is a great game and you SHOULD play it

Attached: 78113752f8ce489628dad5fe83fe58bd--so-funny-funny-shit.jpg (236x314, 19.66K)

>muh niggers

I dropped the game when I was driving around trying to triangulate a signal or some shit for the third time. That kind of gameplay isn't fun. I don't want to manually unscrew every vent, or hack the cameras and move them around.

It was True Crime: Shanghai
In case you forgot, True Crime wasn't a good game series, and expectations for its sequel were rock bottom
All it had to do was not crash in normal play, and people would have been surprised
On top of that, its limited name recognition and pedigree was taken away from it, so the only positive press it got was through gaming mags and game journalist reviews

It wasn't very good, and it didn't have much of a marketing budget.

True Crime: New York City could have been so good.

Randomly searching people's cars, putting police sirens on any vehicle, different fighting styles you can swap between, all the different shops you could go into-it should have been kino. But they didn't finish the fucking thing.

Attached: 00261582-photo-true-crime-new-york-city.jpg (1280x1024, 435.63K)

Yes, those factors are on the forefront of gamers' purchase decisions and Sleeping Dogs was found wanting.

as a first gen whose family is from hk, i found this game a bit cringe because it uses a bunch of ABC actors to who can't fake an accent and can't pronounce cantonese, and are written by people who don't know how chinglish works and just switch languages when they want to make innuendo or emphasis.

the game is supposed to be about hong kongers but they clearly used the wrong reference material. when i was younger i spent a summer living in british hk so yes i know what the iconic hk was really like and all i see in this game are american chinatowns

The lack of blacks is exactly what made me buy it. Shame it didn't sell, was a fun game overall and really felt like they could have gone with more games like it. However like said

It sold fine, nothing is ever good enough for SE cause they want a billion sales for every game.

idk I thought the guys on the cover were mexicans and that it was some kind of mexican pride gangster game or something. Lol

What's bad with those? I played them as a kid and I absolutely lived them, more than gta san andreas which I did like as well.

It was good but the second half was clearly rushed and almost every mission devolved into a huge gunfight when guns are supposed to be 'rare'.

>nip nong ching chong bing bong

The fighting mechanics are so fun, it didn't need guns. The gun segments in the game aren't even that fun.

Yakuza is just button mashing garbage. There's no satisfaction in it's gameplay.