People consider these the worst of the series, why is that?

People consider these the worst of the series, why is that?
Which should I play when going through the series?

Attached: MMBN4(1).png (240x320, 41.61K)

You just posted why

Is it that theres two? 3,5, and 6 arent hated on as much and also are split in two.

They filtered plebs who didnt have the skill to continue beating the games on ng+3
Also they required you to have irl freiends who played the games to unlock a lot of the coolest features.

4 was the best selling in Japan for a reason. Most customization, best souls of the series, infinite repayability, massively varried folder creation, best net design in the series, best undernet in the whole series, the only game in the series where you can actually face NPC navis that 99% of people actually use in the game (with the mini exception of being able to fight the programs in 1), I could go on forever.

Yes the theme park robot section is a slog to have to play through. Yes you have to replay the game in order to unlock every soul. Boohoo.

I know nothing about the game. Can you help me understand the customization and souls that you think is good? And when you say NG+ how does that work for a game in this series? What are you missing out on with only one version?

>Which should I play when going through the series?
none if you want to play them in console, since the collection comes out in 2023. otherwise you should play them all, preferrably in order although you could start with 3. there's a DS remake of the first one called Operation Shooting Star, which has a bunch of QoL improvements. there's an unofficial English translation patch, just look it up

I meant which of versions should I play.

the one with the cooler name

They were bought because they climbed on 3 being the peak, you stupid fucking cum guzzling nigger. Both games barely had enough Navis to fill 1 tournament, imagine getting buttfucked by only fighting generic "Heal"Navis. Amazing script work btw, worst coloring palette of the entire series. They really tried to make you waste massive amounts of time on the backtracking filler. We already had a tournament arc in 3, why center an entire game on that fucking trash again? Tournament arcs are for faggots and you're a disgusting shit eating sodomite and you should kill yourself. Also Dark Chips are trash and the entire thing sucked. 3 would have been the perfect send off. And the series never recovered from the waste that was 4.

Each version past 3 (so 4, 5 and 6) has different "souls" (they give them new names each time). Thats really the only relevant difference. But it does make a huge difference how each game plays.
NG is exclusive to 4. The other games dont offer it. 4 is unique in that it is a tournament arc and your opponents are random. You need go to through at minimum 3 playthroughs to unlock every soul. Viruses get stronger each NG cycle.
You should start by playing 2 and 3 to get familiar with the series and what chips you like using.
Then you can decide which souls and their abilities you want and choose a version to play.
For instance many choose the version that has Protoman because they like playing with sword chips.
Those people are gay.

Just play release order.
If you don't have the urge to finish the early games then you can skip to 3 without really missing too much. 3 fleshes out the gameplay pretty significantly and is just an all around contender for the best game in the series. It's also not really split into two versions. One of them just straight up has more content than the other so it feels more like Pokemon Emerald vs Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire if you get what I mean.
4is hated because it's story feels like filler, the translation is way worse than the other games, it's way buggier than the othher games and it doesn't have enough content to justify being split into two versions since you end up doing a lot of generic filler sections over and over.
5 and 6 are both better than 4 in all of these regards and are muchmore worth playing, especially 6 which is probably the closest to 3 in overall quality.

It was the best selling because 3 was fucking good so people was yuped for the next game...then it turna out to be utter shit and it made the next games have constant declining sales. BN6 was awesome but peiple was so bitter over BN4 that the sales were abysmal.

I am a 3 fanboy. No need to get so ass blasted. Of the nu games 4 was the best, easily. 6 sucks balls.

If you had friends and unlocked the other navis you didnt get any generic filler sections. Bet you didnt know when you linked with anogher player with a different version you unlocked their navi stories did you?

>You should start by playing 2 and 3 to get familiar with the series and what chips you like using.
Is 1 not good or just very different?

battle network 2 is literally the best but you should play 1 first to understand the story

Real tired of you BN4 subhumans trying to even pretend they weren't a massive pile of filler shit and taking a shart on the buildup the series had. And you're not the first one that tries to say they're a 3/6 fan whenever they get called out. BN4 was so horrible it made the series bleed to death.

1 has a very shitty internet layout compared to later games and no way to run from battles without using the Escape chip. And some of the dungeons are annoying. Other than that it is what it is, the baseline for the rest of the games.

1 is very lacking in quality of life and the balance is very off. For example in 1 you can use 10 of the same chip. You are limited to 3 copies in the rest of the series.
Its not bad by any means and there is a remake that uodate it to the standard of 2+ (that is essentially emulator only) but its so unpolisjed compared to the rest of the series it isnt worth playing as your first experience.
The story in each game is very self contained as well so you arent really missing anything plot wisr.

Best selling install in Japan, the only place that matters.
Plus the ability to activate 4.5 operation. Man. 4 was so good. Especially how you got to go all over the world again.

4 also had the best final boss in the entire series, easily.

I only played 1-4. Going by memory here. The game was fine for the most part. Everything describes is correct. Except having to go through the game again made repeated sections repetitive. The tournament sections are way overdone. You don't get to fully unlock the game without going through it 3 times. Also each variation of enemies appear commonly only in that NG. So NG is Met1. NG2 is Met2. NG3 is Met3. You absolutely must know someone with the opposite version to fully enjoy.

Nope I wasn't aware. My friends were retarded and all started and stopped having only played 3.