This game used to be good, what happened?

this game used to be good, what happened?

Attached: 1652607750719.png (1200x1200, 34.7K)

You grew up.

time passed

>netcode stopped getting any kind of support
>SFM killed any use to use gmod for videos
>dark RP game mode
>terrible server hosting
>other games simply did what gmod had better

Niche servers died off as the original audience grew older and all that's left is RP and TTT which are being moderated by 20 somethings who have been playing the same gamemodes since they were 12 and have a permanent stick up their ass.

play towers unite

Play by myself on gm_construct with over 50GBs of mods until the game crashes sometimes, never gets old.

>Garry's elitist flavor of autism made him make a shitty roblox clone with hotdog people instead of gmod2

Attached: 1518235979376.gif (309x380, 2.78M)

Every mode I liked is either dead or excessively changed to the point where I don't like it anymore. I give a special "fuck you" to Tower Unite and SCP Secret Lab for branching off from GMod Tower and Breach, respectively.

all the content I see from the game is just the same shit as 5 years ago
"running away from 2d nextbot challenge on a terrible flat map"

I remember when an awesome The Thing game mode got banned because of forum drama.

Attached: F5A8A705-B074-4B90-99DC-4F8D401A694D.jpg (1920x1080, 280.37K)

Dumping some screenshots

Attached: 40A014BA-DB60-4120-8347-03D8895F1164.jpg (1920x1080, 549.77K)

Attached: 8217A6E7-426D-4724-AE06-B82945A004F0.jpg (1920x1080, 304.86K)

Attached: 0FA0DCDC-C7E7-4410-94E7-38413AB7081B.jpg (1920x1080, 395.46K)

it catapulted a lot of experimental game modes into their own games. it's served its purpose, unironically i hear that roblox is now fulfilling this role

its still good, depends on what and how many mods you have.
im having a blast with the following mods in combination with each other:
simple holster + apex like hands
vmanip base: contextual animations, vaulting
mantle + wall run
sliding ability by "∩(≡^ω^≡)∩"
and might foot engaged
advanced combat rolls
all of these combo so well with each other im having a blast. datae's quick slide is awful, "sliding ability" is great and you can get insane speeds by jumping repeatedly while sliding, also unlike datae's shitty slide addon it actually has third person animations and first person support with legs for immersion, if thats what you care about. it makes the game feel like a modern shooter mixed with some elements from a shitter mirrors edge system. it all feels good together i cant stress it enough.
apex hands + simple holster, i can swap to fists and combo with a kick, tweak the kick settings and launch npcs with my kick. always a blast.

i'll check it out

wait for a random to make a server with no mods shits fun

My nigga what the fuck could happen since 2006 or whatever? >WHAT HAPPOOONED
Idk nigga? Nothing? The game has been the fucking same ever since you retard. Fuck you and fuck your thread.

I play on the cereal box cinema server from time to time to tokenize my YouTube binge and vibe with the few friends I made on there.

This is the actual answer.
All the good shit from Gmod are now standalone games that are better.

Tranny mods, on one TTT server I said faggot 3 times in a row. I got banned permanently as they counted each time I said it as a seperate occasion so I got perma banned in one go