Its time to accept that souls games have poorly fallen behind

>Its time to accept that souls games have poorly fallen behind
>FROMSOFTWARE's game design is awfully outdated, the incapability of player expression, the lack of juggle and aerial options severely limit the player, and the overall lack of gimmicks make these games as braindead as your average FPS
>These games have absolutely nothing to offer that other action games don't do much better in almost every sense

Attached: unnamed (3).jpg (900x900, 31.92K)

Is he wrong? Action games like DMC and Bayo will always be better than soulshit.

I've never enjoyed the combat in those games really for me it ends up being button mashing

post the video with timestamp for the quote, fag.

Those games suck

That's your decision. Souls players claim Souls is more strategic, but end up mashing roll and burn stamina. I feel like Souls players just get overwhelmed easy so anytime harder than R1, R1, roll is considered button mashing.

Why?

don't need cringe anime games

He's wrong because he never said that

character action games are the epitome of nu-fun, the fans are in love with the idea of the genre more than actually buying and playing them.

Zero rpg mechanics, no build variety, little exploration, samey level designs, floaty combat.

Cool generalization, I could just as easily say DMC and Bayo fans are ADHD-riddled losers who need to spam 20 buttons a second and have the game give them big numbers at the end of every battle to feel accomplishment.

It's time to accept the fact that I FUCKING HATE NIGGERS.

Dark SOVLS

You're comparing two fundamentally different game philosophies.

Being able to process something fast and focus isn't ADHD. Souls games are more for ADHD because you can be fairly careless and be fidgety and still progress through the game with optimal rewards.

why aren't they getting anywhere near as many sales then?

People like dumb games. CoD, Souls, and Pokemon are all braindead where you get paraded around for minimal effort.

They aren’t multiplayer games for one and are a lot shorter than a 50+ hr rpg.

There’s room for both of it obviously a multiplayer arpg with tons of momentum is going to outperform a chapter action game in the current market.

He literally never said this and never will say this
Dark souls is one of his favorite games ever made
Why do you faggots keep posting made up bullshit and attributing it to him

>completely misses the point
>unironically says the games with slower combat and fewer moves are more for ADHD
Not to mention "processing something fast and focusing" isn't exclusive to those games, nor is it absent from Souls games.

Attached: 1657051668539.png (499x338, 35.98K)

>Matthewmitosis HATES DARK SOULS!!!!!
how the fuck did this meme get started

He literally looks like that and says that.

you think apex, valorant, and old fortnite are dumb games?

lmao don't care

Yes?

Someone didn't like him enough to wrongly quote him and others realized it got a reaction and perpetuated it, just how anything works around here.

Everything in Souls is more than 500ms and there is never enough going on where you have to evaluate more than two options.
ADHD kids love slow activities like trampoline or balance boards. They tend to fail at activities like basketball because having to deal with more than one person can be overwhelming.

any idea why developers don't want to adapt these games to the current market? i figure if from could adapt kings field to the current market, other devs can adapt action games to the market.

why? they're just as combat focused as dmc and bayo except they have the added difficulty of working with a team and needing game sense to predict the enemy on top of the general mechanics needed to reach the highest levels of competition in these games, especially in fortnite with all of the building shit. imo it seems harder than dmc and bayo.

Yes, Apex is especially stupid.
I don't know what old Fortnite is so I can't say and I avoid Valorant because of rootkit.
Apex is an ADHD game because you do a lot of roaming and the game plays itself on controller.

Attached: 1649224833889_0_0.webm (406x720, 2.98M)

Because the game requires precision and can't drop frames constantly like Souls games do. It would be a completely different game and be forced to dumb down. Itsuno did this with Dragons Dogma.

>ADHD kids love slow activities
ADHD stands for "attention deficit hyperactivity disorder", what the fuck do you think the word "hyperactivity" means?

Attention difficulty and impulsiveness. You can't win in most fast games if you can't focus.