Is it worth buying this plus 4 and 5?

i heard the combat is shit, i already have 0,kiwami 1 & 2, i played 3 back on the ps3 but i dont remember shit from it

Attached: yakuza 3.png (435x500, 315.83K)

3 can be skipped. Plot is pretty throwaway and the gameplay is shit. You can just buy 4/5.

Yes, play them on PS3 too for the proper translation instead of the meme filled one by the Y0 team.

Combat is bad
Story is good (for the series standards)
Okinawa is very comfy

Play them in release order, retard.

Combat's annoying but it's tolerable. Okinawa's great and it's got some good substories. Main story is all over the place but it's got my personal favorite final boss, Wesker's fun, and Beautiful Eyes is fun as well.
Unless you understand Japanese there is zero reason to play the PS3 version. The remaster brings back all the cut content, uncensors it, and gives it a proper translation at the cost of the Michiru substories and Mack's Perfect Shot. But losing those three substories pales in comparison to getting multiple minigames back and like 20 substories.

Attached: YAKUZA 3_20210212174953.jpg (1920x1080, 638.72K)

Yes, the HD collection is damn good.
The PS3 versions were censored to hell and back in the West.

I literally finished Y3 last week. It was GREAT. Enjoyed it way more than I did of Kiwami 1-2, which honestly were downgrades from 0. Don't know what fags are crying about combat, it was snappy and fast.

Currently playing Y4, and it's sooo damny good.

Attached: 20220707184605_1.jpg (1920x1200, 436.42K)

i watched a video of someone talking about y3 combat in the remaster and he just complained that you cant cheese literally every enemy anymore so yea

No, only buy 3. 4 and 5 are awful. The combat is only shit if you are shit. it has the best combat out of all the ps3 games.

>The PS3 versions were censored to hell and back in the West.
Only PS3 3 was. PS3 4 and 5 were fine. 4 HD and 5 HD are both censored in various ways and even 3 HD is censored by removing Michiru but like I said, doesn't matter due to how much you're regaining if you don't speak Japanese. If you speak Japanese you just go for JP PS3 3 because that's objectively the best version at that point since it has all the content. The restoration patches restore some stuff, but the 5 translation overall was worse if I remember right because they changed stuff for no reason and changed a substory to reference Kenzan when it didn't in Japanese or PS3 5.

>and he just complained that you cant cheese literally every enemy anymore so yea
Yes, you can. Tiger Drop is still broken as hell. The only difference in combat between PS3 3 and 3 HD is that 3 HD introduces more issues into combat because of the 60 FPS.
>Sway distance is reduced by half because of the 60 FPS (Fixable on PC).
>Pistol users can't fire at all.
>Shotgun users can't fire but randomly glitch while they're glitching and fire a shot instantly that deals significantly more damage than shotgun shots would cause on 3.
>Heat Actions in tag teams are on screen for about .3 of a second which makes getting some specific ones potentially take hours of agony.

Attached: Pew pew.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>can't cheese every enemy
Oh, so it's just turbo casuals crying once more.
I'm not even any sort of HC Souls-gamer, and I had no trouble with Y3's gameplay. Then again some folks seem to not even know that the games have features like grabbing and weapons.

>4 and 5 are awful
Can't comment on 5 yet, but so far Mr. A in #4 is a certified suave badass, and I love playing as him. Story's also way more interesting than the OG trilogy offered, but I'll see if they manage to end the game on a high note for once.

Attached: 20220710212909_1.jpg (1920x1200, 637.8K)

Any time you find yourself thinking about playing a Yakuza game just play 0 again. It's the only actual good one.

the cop sucks, saejima sucks, enjoy playing as them for 3/4 the game

Yakuza 3 is one of the better games combat wise but its not for casual players who mostly play for the plot and mini games. Rewards positioning and use of tech like wall bounding.

I do think the rest are worth like one playthrough but when it comes to replaying, yeah, i'd only ever really go back to 0

>Don't know what fags are crying about combat, it was snappy and fast.
Did you play on Normal or Hard? Because if you played on Normal you wouldn't understand any of the issues people have with 3 or Kenzan for that matter. Enemies are passive and a joke on Normal and barely block.

On Hard and Ex-Hard/Legend they block nonstop and it's not like you can just drop a combo without it taking you extremely long to get out of it. S3T2 is the only combo that can even break a combo and still do damage before they regain their block and that's just chip damage. Weapons are always blocked except on the final hit which breaks guard but you can't do anything besides hit their guard so unless you're using 2H weapons and spamming at guys outside of punching range (Who don't block) you're sort of forced into charge attacking the air facing away from the enemy and then turning back to face them. Grabs and Tiger Drops are effectively all you have unless you can reach an enemy back which slows down combat flow to fish for.

Just look at how red shirt here blocks while I'm hitting his side and then the second time I get a combo off on him he blocks after I do the lowest damage first hit of a combo. Even going for S2T2 isn't fast enough to get either finishing hit off on blue jacket without him blocking the Ts.

Attached: Rpcs3 2022.07.10 - 22.12.19.14.DVR.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

So once again, kids get filtered by blocking enemies because they can only spam Square?

>S3T2
No idea what the fuck that even means.

>Hard is hard!
STOP THE PRESS!
Why are people treating Yakuza liek some sort of Souls shit now anyway?

>because they can only spam Square?
Did you somehow miss how I weaved in both a grab and a Tiger Drop in that fight? Where is the "Spamming Square" there? This doesn't somehow negate the fact that SEVEN HITS of a combo out of eight hits were completely blocked. Why even give me a combo that can do any of that? Why even give me finisher hits that all get blocked except for S3T2 and only because the second hit of the finisher in that combo hits twice bypassing the block unintentionally?
>No idea what the fuck that even means.
Square x3 Triangle x2.

>Hard is hard!
No, it's not hard, it's tedious. Kenzan and 3 are the only games in the entire series to pull garbage like this and even Kenzan makes it less frequent the further into the game you go because they start feeding in enemies who are unarmed and karate masters who can only parry your swords paired with the fact that because enemy encounters have 6-8 enemies minimum they block less in general. 3 never does. In fact, it gets worse as you progress the game since they don't stop blocking as much when more enemies are in the encounter.

tl;dr: "Hard" is broken, and people can't adapt their play style. Got it.
So why not play on Normal?

>and people can't adapt their play style
No, people can adapt their playstyle. You literally see it in my webm. It's that the playstyle is either fishing for an enemy's back, Tiger Dropping, grabbing and doing poor damage, doing chip damage with S3T2, Heat Actions, or charge attacking with a weapon. That's it. That's your choices. Komaki Parry is pointless compared to Tiger Drop because the parry + a full combo to a back is less damage than a TD by a decent chunk. Knockback Blow takes longer to recover from than their guard is broken. Your actual guard breaking finishers sometimes don't even break guards or take longer to recover from than the guard break lasts. Basic combos are relegated to only something you do if you have an opening.
>So why not play on Normal?
Why would you ever play on Normal in any of the games?
>Enemies are passive to the point they almost never attack.
>Enemies almost never counterattack in any way to having attacks spammed at them.
>Enemies have laughable amounts of health that you melt in seconds.
>Weapons do next to no damage to you, guns especially.
>Bosses are less active.
>Bosses have less health in general, sometimes bars less.
>Enemies deal significantly less damage to the point that equipment as a system becomes meaningless.
>The same applies to bosses.
The only thing that stays consistent through any of the difficulties is Amon, that's it. The only difference is usually how much damage he does to you.