Wha makes GTA IV so memorable?

Attached: GTA-IV.jpg (1000x563, 109.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IJQW7UgQmgI
vocaroo.com/15GDw0tnfIby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For me it's how grounded it feels. You're not not!Tony Montana or a hood rat that ends up infiltrating Area 51, you're a hypocritical slav merc that only knows how to kill while cruising mid-2000s New York. Ragdolls are cool as fuck and for some reason were downgraded for GTAV, and cars driving like slow boards adds weightiness to any one road you need to cross on your way to the next apartment you've been tasked with clearing out by some corrupt cop or another.
TLDR SOUL
youtu.be/IJQW7UgQmgI

Aside from what said the radio stations were really comfy and I actually liked how weighty the driving was. I remember just cruising the city listening to radio broker and not-rush Limbaugh just taking everything in. The only time I ever got the same feeling in V was listening to the hockey talk show station in the desert

For me it’s satisfying feedback when shooting enemies as opposed to how garbage that was in GTA V. I have no idea how they fucked that up when it was good three games in a row, GTA IV-RDR-Max Payne 3.

>Hockey
Why the fuck does hick autocorrect to hockey

Yeah this too. The physics engine was so satisfying and they gimped it in V aside from being able to jump into a wall and ragdolling

Best gameplay in the series, no sjw trash, great soundtrack.
Rockstar peaked with IV an RDR1.

Physics

Exactly, alot of missions were short and simple, follow this guy and kill them, ambush these guys, etc...

vocaroo.com/15GDw0tnfIby

Attached: DYq_dZfXkAAquNU.jpg_large.jpg (1536x2048, 255.42K)

Very accurate impression

Attached: 1645673592712.jpg (1114x627, 202.78K)

It went back to the basics, there are few missions where you follow npcs and talk to them like in V. You work as a hitman mostly.

Man, the Machinima stuff for IV was the best.
Thanks for your input.

>two steps forward and three steps back

Attached: 1460770274433.jpg (274x378, 24.45K)

In my case how boring it was
In your case you were 10 when you first played it

This. Also I tend to roll my eyes at all the SOVL posters on Any Forums but there is definitely something very soulful about IV; it nails the feeling of NYC at twilight during the fall.

>It went back to the basics,
Yeah, no wonder it sold less than SA. For the first time a GTA sequel felt like a downgrade. Fortunately V was good again.

Optimization :)

Everything else isn’t memorable anyways

I went back and played GTA IV again recently. The only complaints I have are still the vehicle handling and the fact that all NPCs are bullet sponges. The ragdoll physics are amazing but it sucked putting half a magazine into someone center mass at which point they stagger around and maybe fall over but then they just stand back up and keep shooting.

nothing? unless it was your first gta it was very bland. everything but the gunplay was below par compared to SA or VC

The only thing I didn't really like about these games were the shitty friend missions and that God awful driving which reasonable is a big issue in a game called grand theft auto. Otherwise it was solid and had a defined ascetic. It knew what it wanted to be even if some of the execution was fucked.

Shitty as driving controls.
A boring, slow paced story that drug the franchise so far underwater that the Saints Row franchise briefly took the crown.

This. Babies first GTA. I still remember most SA npcs and some of the dialogue. IV just your annoying cousin