Stealth Games

Lets talk stealth games. Metal Gear turns 35. Which games are your favorites in the genre?
Personal stressful gameplay moments you had? Chat.

Attached: TrueAnal gape fart shit candy compilation 1080i.jpg (1920x1920, 2.74M)

This board is shit. All you faggots care about are thinly veiled off topic threads and children.

Where's Thief in this?

There wasn't a pic of garrett i wanted to use

Didn't you fags disown the mgs series for being not stealthy?

Played MGS1 on emulator, enjoyed it a lot, Never played Deus Ex but I bought the old one a while back, so I intend to play that at some point. Dishonored was great too, but I couldn't get into the newer Hitman games, Blood Money is more enjoyable to me.

Its impressive what they offer in the new hitman trilogy but blood money just feels tight, concise. No time wasted on trying to find your way anywhere.

I remember watching my cousin playing mgs3 when I was younger and was extremely confused when he got to the bee guy, I thought it was like call of duty but focused on stealth, played it later myself and it became one of my favorites. Played Blood Money as a kid, I remember describing how I killed a hooker with a hammer in detail to my dad and he got freaked out but I managed to convince him to let me keep playing.

Im glad you had fun

Currently playing through Shadow Tactics. It's pretty good, although it doesn't really allow for non-lethal playthroughs.

Shadow Tactics was a real treat, still need to play the standalone expansion and Desperados 3 (made by same team). Was honestly surprised at how invested I got in the story of ST.

Silent Assassin and Hitman 2
MGS1 and 3
Chaos Theory and Blacklist
Those were my favourite. They are a great mix of stealth with action. It's a thin line but that's where these games shine above the rest.

I have Shadow Tactics on Steam, but haven't played it yet, rundown? I'm not much into strategy games, but it was on sale for cheap and looked interesting.

Blacklist is underrated IMO. Of the modern stealth games it strikes a good balance between old and new school.

Underrated

Attached: 1656409748418.png (1920x1200, 641.28K)

The ai would check up on missing members, their paths would switch if you reloaded a checkpoint, and their routes varied so it wasn't a simple a to b path to "wait out" by a corner. Well designed for panther playstyle.

>Which games are your favorites in the genre?
Dishonored 1 is my second favorite game of all time. I adore the universe, I adore the ludonarrative, I adore the powers, I adore its underplayed elements. Might not be "le hardcore stealth" but I love it. Screw the sequel.
Snake Eater was my first Metal Gear and Silent Assassin was my first Hitman. Even though objectively MGS2 is probably better the levels, boss fights, and survival mechanics make me like 3 more still. Ground Zeroes was great, The Phantom Pain was a waste of 80 million dollars. As much as I might like Blood Money (never actually finished Silent Assassin back in the day, fuck the snow castle level and its YAME YAME guards) I'd lie if I said I don't think the World of Assassination trilogy is the best Hitman package available, flaws and all. All the cleverly desgined maps, all the opportunities, all the gadgets and outfits and gear, across three games worth of content... I'll never forgive Ass Creed for squandering its premise of social stealth, but at least Hitman never forgot Absolution notwithstanding
Never got to play the first two Splinter Cells, and my first one was the PS2 version of Double Agent which was considerably different from the next gen version and closer to Chaos Theory. I'm a big fan of the gameplay but there's a reason no one remembers the story from any of the games besides Sam's not!dead daughter.
As for Dude Sex, never played Invisible War and for the time it came out Human Revolution was actually far less consolized than expected. It's a shame that Square butchered Mankind Divided, but then again I'm not sure Adam needed three full games to tie in with Denton

Attached: we sneaking tonite.jpg (1920x1080, 330.63K)

Eh, it's pretty cool but I saw the story coming from a mile away. Still on the second mountain visit though, so don't know if there's more to it.
Desperados 3 look great, definitely keeping an eye on it.

Does Ghost of Tsushima have good stealth gameplay? I know it's not exclusively stealthy so it's probably shit.

I only played it for an hour before uninstalling and thinking I'll try it again some other month.

the only stealth game i finished was hide & seek with my drunk dad, i don't have patience for that kind of shit

>I'll never forgive Ass Creed for squandering its premise of social stealth
Mah nigga. I still kinda enjoy Ass Creed games for being an alright parkour action series, but I wonder how much more it could be as a social stealth franchise considering it's going to be tough for another developer to pick up the setting and aesthetics to make it that way.

Came here to comment this. It's fucking bullshit that he puts the guy from Dishonored over Garrett, and that Big Boss takes up two entire giant spaces for himself when you could have put Thief in there. Fucking disgrace.

Also forgot to add, putting in Jensen over JC is bs too.

Piss and shit yourself any harder you'll end up in

Calm down autismo. It's just an image. You can still talk about Thief.

HR is great, but exp gain and silent takedowns should've been better balanced. It together with augs make the game too easy.
MGS 3 and Dishonored are great for fooling around.
Syphon Filter's (All 3 from ps1) stealth levels are great
I liked Hitman Absolution. Haters can suck my cock.