Magic is way more costly and resource dependent to utilize than just going full caveman and using your unbreakable...

>magic is way more costly and resource dependent to utilize than just going full caveman and using your unbreakable sword against everything
Name ONE game where magic isn't straight up worse than melee. Oh wait, you can't

Attached: EC3FCDD8-D547-4DD6-9A1C-A2BBCD4AFB94.gif (498x280, 3.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h9ilZsdlz8Q&ab_channel=gamersdata
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dragon age origins

Diablo II.

path of exile

Most games, honestly. I can't think of any where pure melee isn't worst than using magic.

>can shoot every boss with a laser once to kill them

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1400x700, 100.53K)

*worse

Most Dragon Quest games.

op is a dumb fuck magic user which is the true caveman class as the resource management is never an issue and being ranged is always an advantage

Melee, spells, zombies, totems, mines, bows

You can literally do anything and make it work well with enough dedication.

Attached: channels4_profile.jpg (900x900, 172.79K)

youtube.com/watch?v=h9ilZsdlz8Q&ab_channel=gamersdata
>magic bullet
>literally stunlock EVERY enemy to death.

Trials of mana
By the end game you have like infinite mana and can cast AOE spells constantly which just obliterate everything
its really fun

skyrim
elden ring

Terraria

>Skyrim
I'll give you stealth archers, but alchemy is the most broken shit in the game.
>Elden Ring
Absolutely not. MAYBE PvP since you can negate most spells by just dodging, but Stars of Ruin spam can take care of most people.

TES Oblivion.
Get a second tier touch spell in the Imperial City, and you 1-2 shot all the early game shit in the game. Then, after that, you just horde spells and craft the perfect spell for literally any situation you could ever be in.

came here to post this

Baldurs gate 2

Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Arcanum, Path of Exile, Lands of Lore

This, right here is magic.

Attached: 45E5CE37-34A3-406B-99B1-E556F0D6BC2A.jpg (1600x680, 85.98K)

dark souls? retard

>alchemy is the most broken shit in the game.
alchemy is not magic wtf. Destruction is complete ass

>>Elden Ring
>Absolutely not
absolutely yes. Spamming dual colossal jump attack or rivers of blood completely shits on magic
t. did both playthroughs

Elden Ring. I BTFO most of the game except Melania.

Ding ding ding
>Every spell drains your mana in seconds, >Need an accessory that auto drinks mana potions
>Need a full inventory of thousands of potions to last a single boss
>Each potion you drink reduce your damage up to 50%

Meanwhile, melee fires more magic lasers than you, for free, and does more damage doing it

>alchemy is not magic
I was about to call bullshit, then I remembered that Skyrim split the 3 crafting classes between the main combat types, so Alchemy went to sneak/light combat

>what if capeshit... but GORE?
what a bad cartoon, also the gay friend and interracial couples shoved everywhere were completely unnecessary

Morrowind

>Destruction is complete ass
It's the master spells that really piss me off. They are so bad it's almost insulting.

destruction is good at exactly one point: the mid game where you can get 100% cost reduction and stunlock everything to death
it sucks balls at the start and it sucks balls again in the late game when you could just enchant yourself a 9999 damage lifesteal sword

Any game that has a good magic system will make the resource dependency trivial in mid to end game.

>what if capeshit... but GORE?
Meanwhile in Batman No. 1

Attached: file.png (473x664, 852.58K)

>gore is le bad
when did Any Forums get infested with soccer moms

Boring topic, give me games where both physical and magic are viable builds.
Pic related

Attached: SMT4A.jpg (1200x675, 262.22K)

>this is supposed to compete with manga
lol the paneling is horrible

>Alchemy is not magic
I would certainly consider it to be, but we can just disagree on that. Another person brought up enchantments, which I would also consider to be magic.

>absolutely yes. Spamming dual colossal jump attack or rivers of blood completely shits on magic
>t. did both playthroughs
So have I. I would personally consider Corpse Piler to be a magical attack, but that's irrelevant. The Dragon Breath spells allow you to shit on almost everything in the game, and MLGS R2 spam does massive poise damage from range. This isn't even taking into account stuff like Comet Azur with infinite FP.

Destruction spells do fucking suck without mods, though. Who thought it was a good idea to for the damage to not scale?

that comic is a century old

2012 is when people started crying about "edgy" on Any Forums. It's been a decade and we haven't gotten rid of these retards.

Elden Ring

The Invincible comic is only interesting because of the longstanding continuity

It came out in 1940, just be glad the characters actually change position.
And move their mouths.
And don't rely on 50 different beams because the author is too lazy to actually come up with a solution.
Like Stardust.

>magic is way more costly and resource dependent to utilize than just going full caveman and using your unbreakable sword against everything
as it should be
get your namby pamby dress wearing ass out of here, nerd

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2

In fantasy, magic should apply to all walks of life in some way.
Sorcery should be shooting energy beams out of your ass while floating and teleporting using the life energy within yourself and releasing it.
Pure magic should be mustering the power of life energies around you and manipulating the elements like concentrating all the water vapor in the air to create a large body of dense water to shoot at someone or combine it with wind to freeze it for ice shards.
Melee should be sorcery, but you focus purely on strengthening your body so you can run faster, swing harder, take more damage etc.

Any DND game after level 3.

now you're just asking for some special snowflake MC to not have access to magic at all, and just becomes the best off of pure MOTIVATION

They should completly rework how the mage class works, since they are reworking melee
I think they could add a new weapon type that lets you absorb mana from enemies when you hit them and change mana potions so they reduce the cost of magic instead of just giving you more mana

Stick of truth if it counts

currently playing a warlock rn. eldritch blast never gets old. baby

Attached: 1632769011660.gif (498x356, 3.22M)