Why isn't Melee popular anymore...

Why isn't Melee popular anymore? This is the 3rd year in a row (discounting Covid years) where there have been less and less players attending for melee tournamens and viewership of it falling as low as 8k on a major. Is it dying?

Attached: XTHBUEZDZ5F45GFN2HVJLYSS7Y.jpg (2400x1600, 232.5K)

Because the only reason people watched melee was for the drama between top players but ever since the recent smash accusations people have stopped worshipping top players as much and it’s gotten a lot more boring.

It’s also always the same players/winners. The meta has stagnated.

Hbox.

>zain came out of nowhere
>axe and wizzy won majors
>mang0 took his first summit
>ibdw came out of nowhere
>jmook came out of nowhere
>joshman some straya cunt got top 4 at goml
>"hurr same players durr"

AIIIIIEEEEE HGOD'S KILLING THE GAME

nintendo baisically showed everyone a middle finger so people just moved on
like a third of old melee names still play smash at all, and most of those are have-beens like hbox

>Why isn't the 21-year-old game popular anymore?

Attached: 1657323083482.jpg (339x304, 51.42K)

no one wants to watch rapists play games

1. game is old as fuck, let it go already
2. the playerbase smells bad, imagine if you would the aroma being in such a room
3. trannies everywhere, now they're starting to shoot up places instead of just roping themselves in a closet so nobody wants to be a target

Never cared about competitive Melee.
I just play with my circle of friends and online. As long as that is still active I couldn't care less if streamers get numbers.

Seeing fresh blood is exciting, but it's also stupid as fuck to think that a game meta has stagnated because the players are the same. The players have evolved with the meta you retard. Also see .
>Melee is boring because the people who have played the longest and put in the most work and practice are still winning compared to the newfag who just picked up the game 2 months ago and only plays it 1 hour a day
That's how stupid you sound. I for one commend them for their hard work being able to consistently remain at the top for so long no matter how the meta changes. New tech is still being discovered to this day and sure top players have had their ups and downs, but seeing people like Mang0 or Hbox still rocking top 8s with their old man reaction times compared to the new blood 18-year-old kids on Vyvanse is pretty cool considering they've been doing this for over a decade.

Also your argument can be applied to most fighting games. Zero was good at Brawl and good at Smash 4 and if he didn't quit before Ultimate he could have been the top player in that as well. Daigo was a top level street fighter player spanning multiple games for 20+ odd years. "Oh no, how dare these players be good for so long, all the people who win are the same!" go fuck yourself.

Homer Simpson moldy sandwich.png

>Why isn't Melee popular anymore?
>Anymore

I hate zoomers like you.

Come on now, don't discredit Melee like that. Everyone who had a GameCube had melee and was basically the system seller

Because unless you keep pumping money into the scene, it's bound to die because of a lack of financial feasibility for its players, TOs, and anyone who's involved in general. The fact Melee is still alive after ~20 years of having a competitive scene is a pure miracle that says a lot about the game fun-factor as a competition-based game and the dedication of its playerbase.

kek, OP is retarded

it's almost as popular as ultimate now

>Hbox DQs himself
>Stream drops 1k viewers
Holy lmao, HGod is truly the one killing competitive Melee

It's a solved game at this point will all the optimal strategies and picks figured out

go back to twitter

Attached: melee.png (1388x1176, 827.98K)

Leffen somehow convinced the community yet again that HBox is killing Melee
it's actually ibdw who is killing Melee

>same people
>same match ups
>10+ years
I hated that Smash documentary for reviewing it and causing another wave of autism

Has there been anything new and interesting that's been found in the game?