To my knowledge...

>To my knowledge, no one in or out of the field has ever been able to cite a game worthy of comparison with the great dramatists, poets, filmmakers, novelists and composers. That a game can aspire to artistic importance as a visual experience, I accept. But for most gamers, video games represent a loss of those precious hours we have available to make ourselves more cultured, civilized and empathetic. - Ben Stein

Attached: 25B2F966-9535-424F-AECD-AF6B7B363960.jpg (900x600, 174.12K)

Attached: 1653403686725.gif (415x498, 2.08M)

How did he get his jaw back?

A literal jew

Attached: 1633715365438.jpg (514x719, 231.11K)

Has he ever even played a video game?

>Thinks life was made by intelligent design

>riddler on the jews
heh

I think mgs2 is worthy of such praise.

If you asked him to name video games he'd probably be like "uh... Tetris... Mario... Call of Duty"

>kojimbo’s ramblings
No

ben stein is not roger ebert
both are objectively right
your bing bing wahoo 1-up will never be art

It is though, mario is more iconic than mickey mouse which is art

But is it worthy because of its functions as a game? For the most part all of the moving moments in mgs2 are cutscenes which would easily have been done with a movie or tv show. The sad truth is that video games are a medium that is only taken seriously when it copies previously established mediums.

Someone just skip to the part where he put out an article about how he actually played a video game and loved it before he died.

ben stein is still alive

do you all have brain damage?

His documentary sucked.

Oh, it's Ben Stein? Literally who? Whenever some random film critic talks about video games being shit it's Roger Ebert.

And news flash the reason he isn't used to start these threads now is because of what I said previously. It's literally just some troll coping hard by latching on to some other random guy's random statement.

People forget that this guy was the Jordan Peterson of his day, and by that I mean he's a pseudo-intellectual right-wing conman

I haven’t seen or heard anything from this guy in over a decade I feel like. Who even was this guy?

And why should I care? All this quote does is make him sound like a smug asshole.

Ben Stein?
Sounding like a smug asshole?
bro have you listened to him talk?

I don't get why everyone wants video games to be art

art is just something that you observe while video games is something you interact with. a more fair comparison would be too compare video games to other activites like say football or going to the club.