You have ten seconds to explain why you like turn-based RPGs

You have ten seconds to explain why you like turn-based RPGs

Attached: 53300.jpg (720x377, 47.3K)

because faggots like you cry about it

cuz I like party based rpgs and no fucking way am I playing that shit in real time

It's fun

Truly turn based ones where you can see the turn order are basically strategy games.

I like having time to think.

I like to take my time and consider my options.
But not if it's a JRPG, those are as tactically deep as a puddle of piss and you just repeat the same three moves the entire game with zero consideration of range, terrain, skill or level. Everything that makes turn-based fun and unpredictable.

Turn Based RPGs usually suck, the only ones with gameplay I like are the Paper Mario games, Mario & Luigi games, Undertale and Deltarune, Persona/SMT games, and Omori. I guess the common theme with all these games is that they all do something unique/different with their combat so it's not just going through menus, like with Paper Mario having you time the jump on your enemy, or Undertale having a mini bullet hell during turns when the enemy attacks.

Persona/SMT and Omori don't do this, but they have more in depth combat in terms of what moves you do depending on the situation like their weakness and status, but not too in depth that it becomes confusing. It keeps you engaged and strategizing to make the most optimal moves. I still don't like these two as much as the others I mentioned, but I still think they are good.

Games like Final Fantasy are my kryptonite. I have beaten FF7, FF9, and FF10 and I absolutely hated the combat. It's not about strategizing based on the enemy you are fighting, it's simply about making sure you are a high enough level so you can do more damage then they do to you, and if you arent, just go and grind until you are. It's too mindless and uninteresting.

I only like the denpa men series

>SMT
>Deep
lmao

easier for my favourite game dev to code turn-BASED hentai games

They're fun and more tactical than button-mashing.

where is the gamedev board btw?

Attached: 1638355903077.png (614x679, 53.51K)

They're RPGs and there's not many good ones. I loathe the fact that there's some good RPGs but they're turn-based.

Play HoMM3 and you might change your mind

Because I just do? I like games with all kinds of battle systems. You'd see me enjoy a Dragon Quest just as much as I would Bayonetta.

>attacking
>not using an item/magic to revive the animal sidekick
What a piece of shit.

For most of the same reasons I like card games.

PvP Pokémon is more complex than your button masher.

Attached: 1651725855113.png (463x531, 80.47K)

Imagine going through all this trouble just to tell everyone that you're jealous at other people for having fun.

Post the morrowind combat gif