Is anyone else replaying this before 3? What are some of your favorite team setups?

Is anyone else replaying this before 3? What are some of your favorite team setups?

Attached: SQ_NSwitch_XenobladeChronicles2.jpg (1000x1000, 1.4M)

never played these series before.
if i open world games like witcher 3, death stranding, and rdr2 bland and boring will i hate this as well?

Finished it and onto Torna now.
I had most basic bitch team possible with Rex, Nia and Tora. Pyra/Rok/Agate.

She sucks but I like using Electra on Rex, along with Roc and Wulfric.
It's more than a walking sim, but it depends on if you like RPGs. Xenoblade 2 in particular is the most divisive entry with a lot of menus and mechanics, so you may want to play 1 or X or Torna to get used to the gameplay first, all of which should be cheaper.

never played any of those games but i'll watch a playthrough of 3 on youtube when it's out.

I was doing stuff like completing affinity charts on my latest savefile before moving on to NG+ but got burned out after filling out Fiora's, Shulk's and Elma's

Yeah, I'm replaying the entire series (already done with DE, about to do the Ga Jiarg fight in X, just started chapter 7 in 2).
This time around I'm using non-standard weapons on characters as much as possible. Really positively surprised by Rex's Katana moveset (got Perceval on him) and Zeke's Fists moveset (with Adenine). Also just got Herald on Morag but haven't got the time to mess around with her too much so no opinions on her Ether Canon set just yet.

X is the only truly open world Xenoblade, 1 and 2 are a succession of large open areas that you get access to as you progress the main plot.
In my opinion, Xenoblade 1 (Definitive Edition) is the best entry point to the series, it's got the best combat tutorials, a strong start with a good hook and doesn't go too crazy with the lore and details like X and 2 do, making it more newcomers-friendly. If 1 hooks you, then you can jump into X and 2 from there, X if you want more open world exploration and stronger sidequests at the detriment of the main plot and characters, 2 if you want a similarly narrative-driven plot with a nice cast of characters and a more involved evolution of the combat.

I played 2 last year so I’m replaying 1 because I played that last time in 2010. Didn’t remember that voice acting was this great. Had many giggles for the bong accent. NoE needs to make more localisation jobs instead of of soulless NoA t. ESL

Attached: 1641345782619m.jpg (1024x576, 48.11K)

i started emulating XBX back in like may and have on and off played it to pass the time from then until 3
im still not done tho lol
i just finished chapter 11 and i plan to do a lot more side content until doing chapter 12

Attached: screenshot_6.png (2560x1440, 2.65M)

I'm playing Xenogears for the first time. Neat to see all the stuff that got referenced in the Blade games

Attached: 32139-xenogears-playstation-front-cover.jpg (800x684, 111.77K)

I'm never replaying this shit ever again. The game is fine but there's so much such that exists just to waste your time

Yeah, Bong-ese is an acquired taste, but once you've got it, you don't want to go back. I kinda feel like it's a special flavor for the series, so long as you're not playing with Jap voiceover.

Hell yeah, brother. I hope you enjoy it from start to finish.

Attached: 1411779806906.jpg (422x370, 75.24K)

For NG+, I'm partial to throw Perdido onto Morag with an auto-attack heal accessory for when her evasion stuff is on cooldown

I just finished XC1, and I'm planning to play XC2 once I finish downloading the Torna DLC. XC1 was my favorite of the two, but replaying it made me aware of a major flaw that I can't overlook anymore: the villains are SHIT tier:
>The "You'll pay for your insolence" girl has no reason to side with Zanza or for being racist towards humans, she just is bad for no reason.
>Dickson followed Zanza just because he likes to fight, that's all
>And what was Zanza's end goal ? Kill everyone so the Bionis gets enough energy to resurrect ? He's already resurrected by the end of the story, there's no need for him to kill anyone, in fact, he's plan would work better if he'd let people live, reproduce and have millions of people dying of old age (which was possible since Egil is dead and won't send faced mechon anymore to genocide people anymore).

>NoE needs to make more localisation jobs instead of of soulless NoA
Agreed
Hell, NoE does better American accent localization than NoA. The Blades all having American accents yet they sound more distinct and full of life than most NoA localizations

If NoA ever gets their hands on XBX2 in the future, they better fucking make an entire alien species speak with Brooklyn or Texan accents

>tfw user claiming shitposters are using bots was right

Thread has basically zero shitposting in it because the OP didn't put "Xenoblade" anywhere.

Thankfully, XBX2 will either follow Nouveau Paris (NoE localization) or Neo Tokyo (in-house NJP localization).

Lorithia is just bad, but she has a reason for siding with Zanza. When you defeat he she says she was promised immortality, along with the fact she clearly didn't become a mindless Telethia like the rest of her long-winged species so that was also part of the deal.
Dickson also reveals after his fight he was power hungry, along with the fact that he's a giant and has known Zanza for centuries.
Zanza's end goal is perfectly clear and you'd have to be a complete idiot to miss it. After creating life he fears that it will eventually leave him, so creates a cycle of birth and destruction revolving around him. However this also warps him into believing he has a right to control life and it exists for him, and by the end of the game is preparing to "reset" everything and try again - implying he has done so before as well.
Worth noting is that Zanza rationalizes his actions as wanting friends, which Shulk points out is bullshit and he just wants playthings that don't disobey.

The villains of XB1 are arguably pretty weak, but they do have clear goals and reasons, even if it's not entirely clear where the reasons stem from in the cases of Lorithia and Dickson.

Tora with the break/crit QTpi fast blade switch, and just throw whatever else on the back

Dickson is just a spy who likes to suck his big boss cock like an Ocelot