Why do people say that jump scares are bad? It's what makes good horror games scary...

Why do people say that jump scares are bad? It's what makes good horror games scary. Psychological terror doesn't work when you're not affected by it irl, a good scare will at least shock you.

webm semi unrelated

Attached: 1631242790760.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwTq_MPBWSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

poor kot :(

NOOO NOT THE HECKIN' CATERINO

How did this little cat not die desu

It's not an actual tiger.

>Any Forums - Animal Abuse

A horror game should instill fear in you, jumpscares are not scary, they literally just make you jump when you don't expect them. Of course they can be used right, but when the whole game is based around them it's not a horror game, it's a cash grab for channels like Matpat to milk and entertain children

Attached: 1628367807641.webm (436x698, 2.21M)

looking at that shitbull, how many toddlers would it take to bring this thing down?

What shitty trashy people.
Not surprised it's a fat bitch.

>it's okay when you prank humans tho
neck yourself tranny

for a second I thought this thing was actually a boar

Poor cat.

doesn't that hurt the dog's dick? I imagine this would feel fucking awful

If there's a human equivalent that webm would be like someone deliberately trying to terrify a small child.

Only pussies get scared if there's no fear of a jumpscare at every corner. Tension is created by jumpscares and then you build on top of that.

looks like an adult cat to me

low test

I would be more terrified of that monstrous thing pushing the tiger

It's still growing and not an adult yet. Even discounting that, the animal can't process the situation the way a human would and understand someone was playing a joke on them. It can't understand what happened. It will probably be scared around the house for a while.

SMASHED
SLAMMED
CRIMEBOSS
GOTTILINE
GAMBINO

How mentally retarded is that cat that it constantly stays within at least a meter of what is as far as it can a fucking tiger

dog has his prepuce covering it, red rocket isn't out yet

>It's still growing and not an adult yet
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>the animal can't process the situation the way a human would and understand someone was playing a joke on them
Neither could these poor sods youtube.com/watch?v=dwTq_MPBWSA

They deliberately backed it into a corner. Counter on one side, fake tiger coming in blocking off the other side, the guy filming blocking off the other side.

Good horror will actually use effective psychological horror. Dead Space and Manhunt are great examples. You're not worried about the OHSHIT moments. Instead, you're counting enemies and ammo and fearing failure. Jumpscares are just startles. You're not actually scared.

>Why do people say that jump scares are bad?
It's not bad if it's used sparingly. It's not scary, but it can instill a sense of uncertainty.
>It's what makes good horror games scary.
Nah, you're retarded.

>Do you have a single fact to back that up?
Just fucking look at it. Have you ever owned cats before? Fucking retard.
>Neither could these poor sods
I don't think you should do that to people either.

You're scared of being startled, that's a real fear.