StarFox timeline theories

As star fox has no real canon timeline for all the games. Which theory do believe in star fox bros?

Attached: E361014F-59FE-4EBA-A577-FDFD9827B062.jpg (1404x1142, 342.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gsaj/history/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Timeline C seems the most accurate to me.

For me it's the alternate universe theory. SF1/64/Zero are all the same thing. SF2 is its own thing (no, command isn't the counterpart) but all the SF2 exclusive characters still exist in the other universes, they have just not been introduced yet. So I guess C, but without the barriers between the timelines.

Attached: E7OmRNtVgAQWv8e.jpg (240x320, 26.56K)

it doesn't have a timeline, not a single developer was thinking about the timeline when making these games. they just made new entries in the series

I probably agree with you.

What's the missing piece of lore and timeline that connects the dots of everyone turning from human to animals between F-Zero and Star Fox? James started shifting somewhere between F-Zero X and GX.

Why does everyone always forget Guard?

Attached: StarFoxGuard.jpg (960x540, 549.72K)

Since multiverse shit is all the rage at the moment, when do we get the 1/64/0 crossover? That's just another retread of the story but with an excuse to have a level with a team of 3 Slippys.

From what I remember, it's Starfox/64 - Adventure - Zero (Battle Begins mentions they have finished the mission in Sauria and now are returning to Corneria, however the canonicity of Battle Begins and the actual game are still debated) - Assault - StarFox 2 - Command.

Modify A. 2 should be within "Lylat Wars" events (nebulous 1/64/0), but only after 1. It has too many issues if it continues after 64/0.

Assault manual basically confirms timeline C, "main" timeline def starts at 64. 2 and Guard and Starlink are respectively tied to SNES and Zero.

Attached: SFAm.png (1012x836, 1.03M)

Attached: FASmyLvUUAYb8Mf.jpg (1536x2048, 480.41K)

>Hey guys, let's make a new star fox game, but instead of making a new story, let's just remake the first game again!
I fucking hate this franchise and hate super smash Bros for making me want to buy all the games

Nintendo never really said the games are in their own separate timelines, neither 64 nor Zero were ever called hard reboots by NCL staff and are essentially just their own retellings/reimagining of the Lylat Wars. Zero in particular has virtually the same exact lore and backstory as 64, the only notable difference that even kinda sorta retcons future games, really specifically Command, is just the fact that Venom is now presented as some weird teleportation device instead of its usual gas planet self. The old Japanese website for Adventures had a chronological timeline of the series up to that point and both SF1 and SF64 are slotted in the same part of the timeline.

Star Fox 2 is kinda stuck in this weird place in that it was made before 64 came along and revised things about the universe, and also released 20 years after the fact.

Attached: sfatimeline.png (604x903, 213.61K)

Interestingly Assault's the only game that specifically referred to 64 for the Lylat Wars. Both Adventures and Command were more accommodating to both the SNES and N64 versions, Command's story retrospective doesn't really specifically call back to either game and just describes the events of the Lylat Wars.

Attached: commandstory.png (784x397, 598.68K)

They had like 7 of these games? I thought there were like 3.

Attached: 196983624_4386411471389883_907906694236355533_n.jpg (523x540, 34.37K)

to be fair, 3 of them are basically the same game

Hold it right there! I've seen this pasta before, and something didn't seem right with how the top of the image is cut off.
nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gsaj/history/index.html
At the top there, it explicitly states that the "Farewell, Beloved Falco" webmanga takes place between STAR FOX 64 and Star Fox Adventures. I kinda feel that this is conveyed weirdly, like Star Fox and Star Fox 64 share the same outline, but is specifically mentions continuing from the latter.
Star Wolf virtually didn't exist from the SNES until 2's belated release, and there are the returning supporting characters Bill and Katt from 64.

Attached: SFAw.png (963x856, 554.46K)

>like Star Fox and Star Fox 64 share the same outline, but is specifically mentions continuing from the latter.

Makes sense, because SF64 was the more official version of the story in the first two games. Doesn't necessarily mean that SF SNES and SF64 were meant to be in two different timelines/universes like so many people think they are.

It's always worth pointing out that the last two games of the so called "64 timeline" contain elements that were exclusive to SF1, like Fortuna, the intersteller sealife that hang around Sector Y and the Monarch Dodora. The game's prologue even has a tribute to the old SNES puppet promo art

Attached: sfcsnes.png (256x192, 45.72K)

How do you reconcile Algy and Andrew?
>the intersteller sealife that hang around Sector Y
Wat? I really must've missed this one.

>How do you reconcile Algy and Andrew?

The fact that it was clearly always meant to be Andrew all along.

Algy's just some weird OC Masanao Arimoto (the Nintendo guy who did SF2's sprite work) made based on Takaya Imamura's original artwork. Imamura didn't have much to do with SF2 outside of that, so it made sense that when he was given full reign for SF64 and became the lead game designer and story writer, he just stuck to his original concept of Wolf, Pigma, Leon and Andrew for Star Wolf.

Attached: Star_Wolf_SF2_concept_art.png (640x451, 94.83K)

>Masanao Arimoto (the Nintendo guy who did SF2's sprite work)
Was he the creator of Miyu and Fay as well by any chance?

Attached: FayMiyuHalloween.jpg (600x800, 511.61K)

Yes. He cycled through a whole bunch of different character designs before finally settling on Miyu and Fay.

Attached: sf2sprites.png (473x426, 9.78K)

I subscribed to the "SNES game, SF64, and Zero are all different interpretations of the Lylat Wars, take your pick" theory until 2 was released unaltered and threw a big monkeywrench into that. Now you kinda have to make a bigger leap to have to fit all these games together than not. Occam's razer is your friend, people.
Always thought that if SF2 released, it'd be as a budget eShop title with the characters redesigned and Algy, Miyu and Fay swapped out for more recognizable characters to fit more in line with the other games.

>until 2 was released unaltered and threw a big monkeywrench into that.

Again I don't think that really means much. It's just a ROM dump of a game that was made before SF64 came along and revised the Lylat Wars story that future games would adhere to, including for the most part, Zero. Nintendo obviously wasn't gonna go through the extra effort of modifying a ROM just for the sake of maintaining continuity with the 64 stuff.

Like you said, if it were a dedicated purchasable remaster, then they'd probably would make altercations to it to match up with future games.