I want to tell a story but need some "gamplay" to make it a game

>I want to tell a story but need some "gamplay" to make it a game

Attached: dragon_quest_11_best_party_builds-min.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

>more actionfag seething
Turnchads keep winning!

Attached: 1647416615886.jpg (471x471, 128.07K)

if youre playing dragon quest for the story, i dont know what to tell you. the story is a backdrop for the adventure and fun characters

Yeah DQ11 is a lot of fun, really excited for 3 HD2D

What story? It's Dragon Quest. You collect a bunch of shit then kill a demon lord.

The thing that always drives me crazy about this is if you can't make the combat mechanically fun at least make it visually fun. Persona 5 and Yakuza 7 figured this out, why can't anyone else

I hate the plastic look in this game
why can't they make something like 8 again with the 'dry' textures

Attached: 20191126212707_1.jpg (1920x1080, 291.65K)

Except most JRPG stories suck. Black Souls and Xenogears are the 2 exceptions I can think of. Haven't played SMT IV yet, so can't comment on that
What JRPGs try to convey is "comfiness" and fun characters

>Black Souls and Xenogears

Attached: 1644098920225.jpg (960x928, 68.63K)

Millions of people enjoy the gameplay mechanics of turn-based RPGs regardless of your personal opinion on them. Dragon Quest 11 sold better than both those games

Nobody likes Dragon Quest for the combat.

its the meme slime hehe

Attached: file.png (58x52, 7.58K)

Did you mean to post a third person shooter?

Then what do people like it for?

The people who bought DQ11 over Yakuza and Highschool Faggot Adventure 5 disagree.

lol no they don't

i do. it's good.

People have been playing Chess for 1,400 years. Turn-based games are never going away no matter how much actionfags seethe about them.

Chess involves actual strategy. 4 niggas in a row games rarely do
SRPGs are where it's at

based ICHADan

wrong

i do

A game like Dragon Quest requires long-term strategy over multiple battles as you traverse dungeons and your resources slowly deplete. Sure, there's less strategy in a singular battle compared to a SRPG, but that's a dishonest comparison, since SRPGs place more emphasis on singular battles; bare a few exceptions, in games like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics your party will always be healed between maps and have access to shops and other things.

the amount of seething that this genre generates, makes turn *based* one of the best vidya genres

Thoughtful and well written post

Turn BASED post

Shit taste