What killed the "Gamer" personality of the late 2000s and early 2010s?

What killed the "Gamer" personality of the late 2000s and early 2010s?

Attached: AngryJoeE32015.jpg (220x310, 13.69K)

What's his name again?

Disgruntled diego

Attached: 1604858753525.gif (435x250, 740.71K)

Gamergate was the watershed moment

The fact that the industry as a whole suddenly turned against all that stuff which was a good thing, but now another group of retards who don't actually like video games started being in control.

It marked a wide shift not only in terms of marketing but also the type of person who consumes the medium as well.

The cult of social responsibilty and some of the NES generation hitting their 40s.

Furious Felipe

Explain "The Gamer" personality to me.

Pissed off Pedro

>'gamers are dead'

It's not really gone. It's just that gaming media collectively decided they weren't doing that anymore. I'm sure Pissed of Pedro is still doing his thing. It's not like these people just went away.

Eat
Sleep
Game
Repeat

DarksydeJoe

How so

Ornery Ortez

I thought that word was censored

I paused my game to be here

Social justice virtue signalling while behind the scenes they were degenerates and narcissists.

It's not dead, the faggots that laughed at cake is a lie and pretend zelda or pokemon is the best game of all time despite only playing like 5 games total have moved on to anime.

Freaked-Out Fredrico

Pissed Jose

Livid Luis

This As the articles always said, "Gamers are dead." The industry is experiencing a renaissance.

Attached: 1657477844882.jpg (1024x768, 163.95K)

agitated alejandro

Most of my friends in college who "game" are into a select few video games. Apex, COD, GoW 2018, Cyberpunk. Much more of a wide casual audience now compared to the early 00s. The type of people who brought their gameboy colors and Pokemon to school are a lot different than these kinds of people. Also in terms of marketing, look at pic related. Used to be extremely edgy and had balls. Where would you see something like this today?

Attached: WipeOutPS1ad.jpg (1200x730, 181.18K)