Are you able to play whatever you want on your Steam Deck even without installing Windows?

Are you able to play whatever you want on your Steam Deck even without installing Windows?

Attached: 161306a4[1].png (3832x2152, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nitter.net/garrynewman/status/1419902242547814417?lang=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No some games require 3rd party launchers

You can't play a lot of games that use anticheat like rust and I'm pretty sure apex legends, not sure why these guys are lying. It's Linux so check Linux game compatibility.

Linux runs some Windows games better than Windows itself runs them.

I don't want those games

How the fuck do I know that?

how would you know I was lying?

No but that’s okay. PS5 remote play fills most of the gaps.

Anything I'd want to play? I generally stick to lower-end and older stuff on handheld gaming PCs so I'm not trying to run shit like Battlefield V on such a thing.

Getting mad wintard?

I want a UMPC, not a mere handheld gaming PC. Whatever this ships with will not satisfy that.

if you could play genshin impact on it i may consider it

Friendly reminder that these threads belong on Any Forums

Apex works great. Dunno about rust, it sounds like a boring non-game.

I got Dohna Dohna, Holy Night Ricca, and M.U.G.E.N. to run with proton no problem. The only thing I haven't been able to run is gog's hotline miami 2 and that's been sitting on my storage drive for 5 years so who knows if that's the deck's problem.

Not my fault that this video game device from Valve allows you to change the operating system it runs.

thanks, i didn't know there is a Any Forums

>I want a UMPC
lol

agreed
switch threads too

I love my GPD Win devices for that reason. I just don't like GPD as a company any longer but it was a lot of fun to have a device I could do desktop-level tasks with my thumbs.

>Not my fault that
Doesn't matter. These threads belong on Any Forums
>thanks, i didn't know there is a Any Forums
no probs. It's actually a lot better than this shithole for talking about the deck because people there actually know linux.

I disagree, because switch has exclusive games to it, which necessitates talk of the switch when those games are discussed. The deck is just a PC, ergo it belongs on Any Forums

>GPD Win
lol enjoy your trash

Why do Linux users delude themselves into thinking every game they can't play is just garbage? Yea some are obviously but it's clear you've never even played rust.

Also just remembered that game pass doesn't work on it I'm pretty sure, the games themselves do but I'm pretty sure they want you to use gamepass on windows not Linux.

all video games are garbage

you don't need windows, it's a garbage OS

>exclusive games to it
ok, the Deck has them too :)

Whatever I want? Probably. I already use Linux, voluntarily, because I can play whatever I want on it. Otherwise I wouldn't use it.
Whatever I want isn't the same as whatever (You) want, though. Some people in this thread are already not understanding that, so I fully expect to be accused of le sour grapes for not wanting to play some multiplayer trash.

He asked for games. Not fotm.

>the deck has exclusives
name one?

The GPD Win Max was almost perfect. I kind of regret getting rid of it to buy a Win 3.

But the damage is done, I'm not going back to GPD.

How long did your deck get stuck in processing anons? I ordered mine yesterday and it's still processing

lol

No. Vtmb controllers dont work, split second doesnt eanna go past screen and has graphical issues, far cry 2 just force closes

what for? You may like it or not, but the Deck has the most exclusives out of all the portables out now
how's that Rimworld colony going on your Switch user? ;)

I ordered Monday and got it the next Wednesday.

It's just a PC and it doesn't have any exclusives.
Hardware threads belong on Any Forums

cope and seethe

What state?

No. Even modern, in-support games are plagued with issues on Linux.
You only need to look at the WINE release notes to know gaming on Linux will never be viable.
Linux gamers and console gamers are on the same inferior level to Windows gamers.

Why? What happened to a Win 3? No problems with the Max at all? I have a Deck and I'm thinking of getting the Max 2.

>I disagree, because switch has exclusive games to it
So you're saying we're not allowed to discuss Xbox Series X here either?

Steam is already a 3rd party launcher. If anything the launchers from the games themselves or physical disc installers are 1st party.

>it's clear you've never even played rust.
nitter.net/garrynewman/status/1419902242547814417?lang=en

>So you're saying we're not allowed to discuss Xbox Series X here either?
I don't think that is ever likely to happen anyway

>Why do Linux users delude themselves into thinking every game they can't play is just garbage?
Why do Windows shills fail at basic reasoning? If they really wanted to play the games that don't run on Linux, they wouldn't use Linux. Simple as. The fact that they're using Linux anyway means they don't want to play those games, at least not enough to bother with the very minor inconvenience of just using Windows which anyone can do. It's not like 1% of people just go "oh shit I accidentally installed Linux and there's no way to replace it with Windows because magic or something OH NOOOOOOOO". They install it on purpose because they decided it suits their needs, and if it doesn't suit their needs then they go back. Just like you should go back to Discord.

Hello sir