What do you think are the chances of Capcom deciding to remake Resident Evil 1 in the style of RE2, 3 and 4's remakes?

What do you think are the chances of Capcom deciding to remake Resident Evil 1 in the style of RE2, 3 and 4's remakes?

It already received a highly beloved remake from the original director, but that was also 20 years ago and adhered to the tank/fixed camera style. Would Capcom see a benefit in doing a second remake with the newer gameplay style, and the RE Engine versions of Chris and Jill (and new versions of Barry/Rebecca)? They don't seem interested in Code Veronica, and after 4 you're getting into much more recent games with 5 and 6 that might be diminishing returns to remake.

Attached: Resident-Evil-Remake.jpg (1280x720, 260.29K)

I'd love to see it, but considering all the thin hallways and stuff like that, I imagine if they'd remake it again it'd be in the style of 7 and 8.

I think it's completely pointless, much like RE4 remake. RE2 and RE3 remakes made sense, those games weren't on modern consoles and had dated graphics. But REmake and RE4 are on modern consoles and not only look great but still play great. These remakes are a waste of time, make prequels or spinoff games or something.

>REmake and RE4 are on modern consoles and not only look great but still play great

Not with those controls lmao

>Spend 4 years and millions of dollars just so you can walk and shoot at the same time

Attached: 1540625179774.jpg (640x800, 139.55K)

Maybe in 10 years. REmake still feels too recent especially since they just released the PC "remaster" in 2015. Yeah it's 20 years old but it's got a heavy legacy so it'll stick around much longer.

I think (hope) they will do Code Veronica and then maybe Dino Crisis remakes before they come back around to RE1.

The original RE1 remake is too oppressive and hard for the modern player so yes it should be made like re2make

Attached: 1617684124553m.jpg (1024x576, 60.03K)

You're going to have to throw out "point", because the RE4 remake IS happening regardless. I'm more wondering whether RE1 will happen more than should it happen.

>remake of the remake of a remake of the remake of a remake
wew, the future is going to be funny lads!

I think the remakes are done after RE4. I can't see them remaking Dino Crisis, RE1, Code Veronic or RE5. Plenty of reasons just to move on and do some spinoff games or something. I'm shocked they haven't tried a battle royale yet frankly.

These remakes make money.

not as much money as an aggressively monetized multiplayer game

Why would they? It's already been remade.

Gen z wants to experience 90s survival horror kino but get too frustrated with the controls and unfair inventory and general lack of qol features. If you are against having it modernized then you are a gatekeeping asshole, ageist, bigot, racist and ableist

Ok, but multiplayer RE has failed numerous times.

it's inevitable, if they'll whore out RE4 for a simple buck what makes you think REmake has a chance of not being tricked out? it's even older than RE4.
atleast RE1 is short enough that not much would have to be cut or removed for the retarded zoomer devs and all you zoomer coomsumers. Meanwhile REmake 4 will be heavily cut and censored beyond recognition like RE2 and RE3 remake.

Attached: 1656442168238.jpg (226x223, 6.01K)

>Not with those controls lmao
REmake has modern controls.

They've never actually put out a competitive RE multiplayer game, they've always been behind a steep pay wall with very little content. They obviously want it to work if they keep trying it.

hence why Capcom is trying again with Exoprimal

Attached: exoprimal-button-02-1655250735075.jpg (1000x1000, 181.58K)

They will still cut things from REmake, guaranteed

REmake actually has a decent amount of content, the original not so much. Plenty of stuff they can cut.

CV remake is extremely likely in my mind. The RE2R interpretation of Claire was very popular. I think they will capitalise on the reputation of RE2R and get that team to make CV after they're done with RE4R.

Fuck of REmakefags
>Jill's lockpick is nerfed, lowering campaign differences by magnitudes.
>Far more linear right from the start, you HAVE to go down the mirror hall and get the Sword key right away, literally can't go anywhere else.
>Mansion goes from having a realistic, modern-ish look appropriate for a house built in the late 60's to a generic haunted house with over the top 2spooky crypts and candlelit halls.
>Guardhouse goes from looking like it was actually used recently (since it was) to dilapidated and old, despite being where all the fucking guards lived.
>Laboratory changed from a cold, sterile medical environment to a rusty Silent Hill hellhole complete with giant fan and antique medical equipment.
>Neptune's small room is changed from believable to a huge aqua ring where Neptune insta kills you on a timer like it's RE4
>Not-Nemesis Lisa, a boring piece of shit that barely does anything other than pad out the courtyard and caves, and add in pointless explanations we didn't really need in the first place.
>The caves, easily the weakest area of the original game, are expanded and made even worse with even more box pushing.
>Barry's survival is changed from subtle to a literal "Yes or No" choice.
>Hunters are nerfed and censored
>Introduced the casualized map system
>the Library is completely butchered, the room overlooking the helipad is cut.
>Self Defense items are added to make the game even easier.
>Costumes from all the older games are cut and replaced with two of the worst costumes in the series and admittedly decent costumes that reference RE3 and CV.
>No cool weapon unlocks like the SMG and Minimi from the PC port, just the Rocket Launcher and a burst fire pistol that's barely distinguishable from the normal Beretta. Doesn't even have the cool silver Beretta from the PS1 DC.
>The only new modes are just stupid shit like turning enemies invisible and delinking item boxes, nothing like Arranged Mode or Battle Game that actually add replay value

Attached: 1528784137757.jpg (721x723, 46.95K)

the only good thing about the gay ass REmakes is that they basically give us new high quality models to coom too and whore out. RE2 gave us Leon and Claire, RE3 gave us Jill and Carlos and RE4 will give us Ashley and more Leon.

its amazing to me this game came out only 6 years after the original. it holds up incredibly well and there is no reason to remake it again.

I think if they were going to do it, it would have come before RE4 remake. It's canonically before RE4 after all and would have set up for that game very nicely. As shitty as it is, I think RE5 remake is the most likely but I doubt they'll do it. I don't think Capcom is very proud of the action game.

>it holds up incredibly well and there is no reason to remake it again
still inaccessible and borderline unplayable by zoomer standards. by not remaking it you're toxic and gatekeeping.

Not a chance. Remakes sell on name recognition and no one gives a fuck about CV.