Should I get a Switch OLED...

Should I get a Switch OLED? I still have my old Switch (the 2017 model) but the battery life has been awry for the last couple of months. My local GAME shop has them on sale for like £270 which is a good 10% off.
And before a smartass asks, I also already have a steam deck.

Attached: IMG_1449128115462209.jpg (2048x1152, 1.03M)

>GAME shop has them on sale for like £270
How much is this in a relevant currency?

OLEDs still have burn in and don't most people play their switches docked 90% of the time?

like $350 but thats with taxes included.

Pretty sure that’s just the old panels, like from 2016

aren't 2017 models hackable? why would you want to change to non hackable one lol

burn-in is overstated

Just wait for the next model for the switch instead. You can just replace the battery on your switch bro

>Should I get a Switch OLED? I still have my old Switch (the 2017 model) but
bruh
its the same fucking thing
just replace the battery

I'd wait as I honestly believe they are delaying BotW2 to be in line with whatever the next iteration of Switch is.

No. OLED panels degrade like crazy, they flicker at low light and suffer from burn in. Don't buy a Switch OLED unless you want to buy a new one in a few years to replace the dying screen.

You're better just replacing the dying battery on the old one. It's much cheaper too.

>OLED is just like IPS

lol

Attached: R (82).jpg (4608x3456, 1.06M)

>$350 but thats with taxes included
Jesus that's a steal. What the fuck, why doesn't my local area get sales like this?

I literally haven't touch my switch since I got a steam deck, if you have a ton of money then sure but I hardly see the purpose. At the rate Yuzu development I imagine even BOTW2 will play fine on a Steam Deck when it eventually comes out.

That's just marketing. There is no way to solve burn-in or LED degradation because that's how the technology inherently works.

yes consoom consoom

jailbreak the old one for deck emulation and get the OLED for stuff the deck can't do, like the "quality emulation" of the expansion pack (i kid, but you get what i mean, as a "if the deck doesn't work" solution)

all tv's degrade over time

It's very, very similar. Don't believe the hype and marketing

Attached: SwitchOLED-vs-SteamDeckWithReshade.jpg (4032x3024, 1.8M)

its actually 325 lol.
dont be jealous american user, we usually get fucked i the ass 90% of the time versus you.

seething commie

Yes, but not as fast as OLED does.

>OLED black is basically the same as IPS black

lol