Mario + Rabbids

What do people think about this game?
I really like the team based movement in battles, and the simple cover and aim system is nice.
The block pushing stuff is kind of boring padding, but it is inoffensive. It’s also weird to see a game give you 3D models for rewards constantly. Feels kind of cheap, as do the mobile game tier info screens it shows you every now and then.
My biggest issues are that battles feel kind of trivial and samey. They’re all so bitesize, both in time to complete and number of units. Some of the units they give you are boring, especially Mario, who is annoyingly compulsory. And the status effects are completely imbalance and too similar.
Feels like a solid game with some good ideas that doesn’t reach heights it could have. I only played through 1.8 worlds though, so maybe it gets significantly better in the latter half

Attached: 208FE615-3504-407C-90C2-2E2FF36F5818.jpg (1920x1080, 502.35K)

>What do people think about this game?
I wanna fuck the rabbit

Attached: 1656590540351.png (1059x1515, 1.62M)

The first game had no right to be so fucking good given everything about it. I'm very excited about the 2nd.

>I only played through 1.8 worlds though
You've barely touched it.

it is one of these souless good games

The game is supposedly only 4 worlds long, so I don’t think that’s true. But if you disagree with anything I’ve said, I’m curious to hear your opinion

Me too man,I legit enjoyed this game a ton,the singing part was very remincient of the giant poo from Conkers

Surprisingly really fun.
The Phantom Boss fight was probably the biggest highlight for me.
I thought there'd be more worlds after World 4, but it was still fun for what it was.
Would fuck Rabbid Peach.
Rabbid Luigi breaks the game.

Attached: rab peach.png (1233x1277, 705K)

>Devs can't talk about Edge's past
so it's 100% confirmed she's the Rabbid counterpart to Bowser, yeah?

Attached: 1644013328912.png (598x166, 19.89K)

So Cursa's definitely a corrupted Rosalina, right?

Main game's balance is all over the place (not counting drastic damage increase from weapons):
>Rabbid Luigi is so stupidly good with his dashes and drain that in 90% of fights you won't need a dedicated healer
>Luigi also becomes OP once you max out Mario's M buff, MVP for "reach the goal" fights
>Rabbid Mario is very useful for challenges with tons of explosive dashes.
DLC had fixed party but the entire DLC had much less powercreep and both Rabbid Cranky's and Dong's kits were unique and very fun to use.
Only challenge that gave me PTSD was Dong DLC one with huge ass map and 1000 tubes where you had to beat like 40 banana carriers.

Seems like a fair description

>Rabbid Luigi is so stupidly good with his dashes and drain that in 90% of fights you won't need a dedicated healer
This.
I love Rabbid Peach but since the Vamp Dashes let everyone heal from dashes I pretty much dropped her and used Luigi and Rabbid Mario as my third members cuz having long range, insane mobility, and being able to shit out damage in two turns is just too good to pass up.
Also did anyone actually use the Yoshis?
They showed up way too late for me to care about them.

Objectively good game but I will never buy a game with rabbids in, I wish they picked literally any other mascot character or even better just used the Nintendo IP, like Mario X Splatoon or something, though obviously this was a Ubi game.

The Rabbid were pretty toned down from their usual loud and obnoxious selves, but I understand you not liking them, especially if you were a big fan of Rayman and are upset that the Rabbids got to crossover with Mario while Rayman himself has fallen by the wayside again.

I didn't. Honestly I didn't even use Peach that much because Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach provided more than enough sustain for postgame challenges.

Fuck the rabbids.
Literally

>Also did anyone actually use the Yoshis?
the problem with the yoshis isn't just that they join too late-the real problem is that the marios are all better damage dealers so there's no reason to pick them especially when vanilla mario is mandatory.
I'm really grateful the new game isn't forcing you to use mario. makes for more interesting team comps and hopefully better balance.

Game Trial is still up and I haven't tried the game out, are the Rabbids still annoying?

they're toned down, and will be toned down even further in the sequel to the point that they might as well be regular Mario characters

Not nearly as much as their previous incarnations, they're pretty subdued outside of maybe the start of the game.
They don't just loudly yell BBWWWAAAAHHHH all the time.
Hell they seem like they'll be even more toned down in the sequel.

each rabbid getting their own unique voice with actual dialogues uttered is the best possible outcome
i can't wait for the game, the overworld being RPG-like is also a welcome change