Game costs $20

>game costs $20
>matchmaking takes 2-5 minutes to find 60 people despite no SBMM
>game goes F2P
>match fills up in seconds

Why was it ever paid to begin with? It seriously made no sense as a paid game. Even back then it had microtransactions for costumes. Feels like they were just waiting 2 years counting on a big company buying them up.

Attached: FallGuys.jpg (1200x1600, 584.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fallguysultimateknockout.fandom.com/wiki/DLC_Packs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>game releases on steam
>it even has Valve related cosmetics that reference Half Life and TF2
>game is permanently removed from steam and epic exclusive later
what did the Hotline Miami devs mean by this

Do zoomers like OP not know they can do other things while they wait 2 whole minutes

Wait, Fall Guys is made by the Hotline Miami devs?

Attached: 1589917584793.png (1196x624, 144.95K)

The developers bought into the idea propagated on here and reddit that people want to pay upfront and have no microtransactions, but the market doesn't lie like they do.

Yes

>Even back then it had microtransactions for costumes.
I mean yeah, but I'm guessing you didn't play back then. You used to actually get kudos after each match, not a paltry 200 from a couple daily quests. Which meant if you were actually playing, you'd be able to buy what you want. Also the promo skins cost crowns, which meant you *had* to play the game if you wanted to get them.

>Feels like they were just waiting 2 years counting on a big company buying them up
bitxh you fucking answered your own question

It does filter out the free tards. Most noxious bunch out there

They had a bunch of "DLC packs" that you could only purchase for real money.
fallguysultimateknockout.fandom.com/wiki/DLC_Packs
Most of them weren't worthwhile, but the fact remains that they tried to get people to pay more money on top of the $20 buy-in.

Nigger, playing a video game IS doing something else. If I have to distract myself from the fucking thing then why would I play it?

uh no
are you guys too retarded to use google?
fallguys was developed by Mediatonic a London based developer, while hotline was developed by Dennaton Games a Swedish based developer.

i think people are confusing developer with publisher, they both share the same publisher Devolver.

lmao game devs do not read Any Forums or reddit to decide business plans or to get market intel.

unless you lived in a third world shithole or you were playing in a beta tester lobby it never took 2-5 minutes to get into a game, maybe 20 seconds at most

The older and more financial secure I get, the more I appreciate upfront payments existing as a filter. I go to a pub that costs about 1.5x the already eye watering going rate for a pint, and no it's not as if the beers are particularly better (they do have some good ales and ciders but I digress). What I'm guaranteed is that no vermin like slavs, chavs, and university students shit up my experience. The place has sofas, they allow dogs (they even give them water bowls and treats), have a beautiful dining area. You know it's a civilised pub when it has parking.
In short, I've come to realise that multiplayer games with a paywall have better communities. I don't care if there are only a few hundred or barely a thousand players on at one time, shit, I've played games where the servers only have double digit numbers of players on. What matters is the quality of player. The only good not paywalled online communities are on things like Fightcade, and that's if you stick to NA/EU/JP. If you see a Brazilian or Latin American flag, time to leave.

>mfw preordered this game for the Gordon Headcrab costume
>mfw redownloaded this game on switch and am dabbing on F2P nintendies as Gordon Headcrab while on the shitter

Attached: 1645478174480.gif (530x360, 1.43M)

Does that really matter in a game like Fall Guys where there's no text chat and the whole point of the game is just a bunch of beans crashing into each other? I can't say it has changed the experience notably.
In an actual team-based game the purchase price makes sense (although it certainly didn't help make Overwatch's community any better) but there's no real Fall Guys community to speak of.

>Does that really matter in a game like Fall Guys where there's no text chat and the whole point of the game is just a bunch of beans crashing into each other?
Maybe not, can't say I have any experience with this game.
Still, wouldn't be surprised if shitters found a way to ruin people's experience somehow, people somehow always find a way.

well in squads you can definitely tell if some f2p shitter is fucking it up for everyone else because of how terribly they score

Attached: 1655659472405.gif (800x800, 109.18K)

You have to get your own squad to win all the time, playing with the lobby is a guaranteed lost