What single player games would you guys buy?

I've been developing small games and I want to make one that I can sell.

What do you niggers like?

Attached: pepe.gif (220x220, 8.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zj_mlYJYjOE
youtu.be/vQkTeSwcIOE
youtube.com/watch?v=2mns9HMvREA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Simple, just make a satisfying moveset and develop levels which gradually have less and less tolerance for mistakes and demand a mastery over said moveset.

The 2.5d iron is hot right now with the Klonoa remakes, you might look to that for inspiration when designing something that feels intrinsically rewarding to play.

I'm not endorsing the remakes over the originals, but I stand by my point of it still being a relative novelty and something I personally enjoy.

What this user said except a 3D platformer

To boost your post, I'm gonna recommend the following for inspo:
>Super Mario 64
>Jumping Flash
>Yo! Noid: II
>Spider-Man 2

I'm not saying you copy their control schemes, or their aesthetics, but recommending these three to help break out of the fidelity trap and focus on gameplay over everything.

Even if a game like Jumping Flash is far from the best in its sphere, you may find something in its theming, level design, or (relatively) strange control scheme.

Likewise, Yo! Noid: 2's grapple mechanic.

I’m no expert on the terms but as an example I liked the first Metro game, linear as narrative driven as hell but you can swap weapons and spend supplies in ways that completely change the way you go about the levels
Maybe you’re a good enough shot to spend bullets wisely and rarely ever heal so you jump dick-first into some fights, or maybe you’re one bad encounter from screwing your current save over and need to fight like a cornered dog. Generous amounts of mask filters aside I liked the reasonable scarcity of good weapons and not-crap bullets

Blade Runner asthetic Mixed with postal

To add on to this, a good example of the type of game that I think you could aim for is Crumble. It’s not perfect, but it’s a small scale game that focused on making satisfying movement and some levels to take advantage of it and was successful for it

The only Indie game that aspires to be like 3D Mario platformers that I know of is A Hat In Time. I can't speak for how the general public feels, but I really wish there were more 3D platformers like that.

>top down perspective
>interior/exteriors
>sandbox
>your goal is to go around stabbing people and hide their bodies

Attached: 1654976544437.jpg (720x720, 187.79K)

this is very broad sorry but make sure its something that incorporates a lot of RNG

So hitman?

It was generally seen as a smash hit as I saw online, even Any Forums had lukewarm praise for it before the sewer incident

Hat in Time feels more like Super Mario Sunshine than SM64, which I see people compare it to most often. It controls like Galaxy as well, but it doesn't do anything like it with its level design so I feel like it's the better comparison.

It's shocking how many ROM hacks and decompilation efforts are seeing thousands of man hours, but we're living in a boomer shooter renaissance and not a 3D platformer one. We're still stuck with loads of indies doing 2D.

You may enjoy Pumpkin Jack if you're looking for a taste of something a little different, plus there's that new Kao: The Kangaroo game that came out.

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Bang out the lines of code you need for your character and keep everything else simple. Crumble's a great example of minimalism done right.

I will pirate your game.

What kinda game you wouldn't pirate?

Just make a MMX type game, since capcom won't fuck with it any more.

I'd probably buy a game if it's in any way similar to the ROTK series, except not shit.

stealth games with guns

For an indie single player game you’ve gotta work with platformers, VN’s or roguelikes. I would murder god himself for a game on par with symphony of the night, I don’t care for story only games, but something like risk of rain, noita or axiom verge could be very profitable.

I still like standard 2D platformers the best. I also very much prefer sprites over 3D graphics for them, for the sake of visual clarity(i.e. where exactly everything is) and style. Unless you're EXTREMELY talented at modeling, texturing, and honing perspective, any 3D look you go for in a 2D platformer is going to look like EZ-Bake Unity assets at best.

give me an RPG that if you just go from start to finish it's not too long but has crazy amount of interactions and secrets

You can't do it anyway.

I just want to rape women in video games. Get going

>sewer incident
qrd?

i bought furi on sale once

If you are transphobic remember to be vocal about it so people don't buy your game

The tranny flag they hid in the sewer in a DLC world.

I like shooters with interesting movement mechanics. Imagine titanfall fused with jet set radio.

Check out Ultrakill if you haven't yet already, and maybe Boomerang X although I have yet to play that myself.

youtu.be/zj_mlYJYjOE
youtu.be/vQkTeSwcIOE

You really do look like a man user, I'm not just saying that. Look in the mirror, you'll see too, but you already knew that.

youtube.com/watch?v=2mns9HMvREA

Immersive sim bounty hunting game with Blade Runner/Cyberpunk aesthetics. Keep the story somewhat in focus, with a "target of the week" where that remains the central focus on the story throughout the entire game (Something like the Mandalorian kind of scraps the bounty hunting idea halfway thorugh each season for a big shootout scene against an organization). Focus on traps/gadgets so the feel is that the main character is able to win against the odds not because they have plot armor but because they outsmart their opponents. The gameplay and general story of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath with the general idea of "outsmart vs outgunned" themes of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
Yes I know that's a prime "idea guy" type game

Doesnt publicly being transphobic actually sell more copies?

Any game that has similar level design as Dishonored, Thief, Deus Ex etc. Small to medium sized levels with tons of stuff to discover, different paths to take / different ways to complete the level, option to go non lethal & ghost.

I've seen ultrakill but haven't bought it yet.
Never heard of the other one so Ill have to check it out.
Looks fucking sick. It reminds me of this short indie game called Zineth where you're rollerskating in the desert.

I hope you make a good game OP. Can't guarantee I wouldn't pirate it, but there is a lower chance of me seeking out a torrent if I know the dev is actually trying to pander to me. I respect that.

I want something believable; immersive - nothing cartoony or full of SJW bullshit. If there's guns, I want realistic weapons and enemies that aren't bullet sponges and will fuck your shit up because you're not a bullet sponge either. Other than that I don't really care, it could be a SimCity or The Sims clone, another generic survival-crafting game, a GTA or Postal or Deus Ex clone, a driving/flying/ship simulator, whatever. Doesn't matter if it's 2D or 3D or in-between. Artstyle, multiplayer, and mod support all matter too. I don't care for PvP anymore and prefer singleplayer but especially something co-op oriented.

CrossCode-like games!

Attached: 072B6FF4-45A3-4917-8900-75B1965CABC6.gif (547x264, 1.04M)

Hey, user. Check out a game called EXEKiller, it's not out yet but I think you'll be interested.