Zoomer here. Why do you insist that gaming back in 00 and 90 was superior or "soulful"?

Zoomer here. Why do you insist that gaming back in 00 and 90 was superior or "soulful"?

Attached: 1644774727388.webm (742x444, 2.65M)

Hey I made that webm lol noice to see it again.

A couple reasons:
>Games were actually released in finished states
>Multiplayer was soulful and not filled wtih tards
>No microtransactions and DLC bullshit
>Studios dared to put money on more unique projects, instead of only supporting games that are similar to other games

Of course a zoomer like you wouldn't understand

>>Multiplayer was soulful and not filled wtih tards

lol
lmao, even

It was before big companies had a formula so they had to experiment to find what worked

It was, because you could actually find nice server communities, and weren't forced to matchmake with tards

Attached: -brhLqFAsyeJXoOEgsfaYd0YaE7E5NixEnoM6ju3fp8.jpg (640x727, 94.02K)

Because there were more soulful games back then getting released as opposed to now. That said, there were a lot of cash grab games too no doubt, just like we have now. It is just that its less often you see soulful games coming from big companies as you do now. There is also the fact that many of us have rose-tinted glasses and look back fondly on those games. They still make great games today though.

Attached: ss_378574511fd757bc816ce5704580de9313ce0cb1.1920x1080.jpg (1250x790, 460.29K)

Nice what game? Probably console exclusive or i would know about it

They weren't. They were actually about as "bad" as they were today. The good shit everyone talks about were the top of the pile. For every good game back then that's remembered fondly there was 10+ bad games which were usually movie adaptations, shitty cash grabs, and shovelware. The only difference was that without the internet it wasn't as pervasive. If we go back even further, the video game market fucking crashed because video games were so bad.

The only exception in which I'd say earlier games were objectively better is in the online multiplayer aspect. Like mentions, mp games were actually fun and very free in how you played back then and now it's just lifeless games made for the lowest common denominator and the most dumbest retards alive, where so much as just player banter can get you banned when it was outright expected back in the day.

Technical limitations led to workarounds from passionate devs that invariably resulted in more criative and aesthetical variation.

Operation Darkness, x360 exclusive

Attached: Speed Power Gunbike.gif (416x343, 3.98M)

>Games were actually released in finished states
Not only are you wrong but there also were no day 1 patches to download when you bought a game on CD

I'm a zoomer too
A lot of vidya back then was experimental and unique, it was more the work of people dedicated to vidya rather than people who were paid to program and had almost no interest in videogames. Good games would naturally become popular through the rather widespread word of mouth rather than requiring marketing as it often happens today where shit games are very popular and lots of good games remain obscure (and this is partly why I think "bad games existed back then too" is a bad excuse, those bad games remained obscure because nobody liked playing them, meanwhile there are people who still play Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri or X-Com: UFO Defense today). Big publishers also didn't buy nearly every company back then, nowadays they're all just development studios for big corporations, Microsoft and EA both own a huge amount of iconic vidya franchises.

Attached: 16506.jpg (640x480, 80.51K)

Zoomers will never know how fun the non-pozzed and not corporate owned internet was
I feel bad for them

Operation Darkness, right?
Never played it, but there's at least one kickass song (one of the Africa mission) that I heard. Sadly it feels like a game that's being lost in history.

This webm is pure cringe holy shit

Attached: d90.jpg (482x427, 74.8K)

Retards just falling for the classic fallacy in which they ignore all the forgotten broken garbage that was released back then

>t. dead, funless vessel

that's why I made the webm, so people would get to try it seeing as it works ok even on emulation. Rough af gem but still worth it. Same for PS2's Ring of Red.

>WHERE IS MY GENERIC WW2 VIDYA #345???

But that's sadly how it goes, eh? In the old days there were so few people using the internet, transmitting so little data (text, shitty compressed images, no flash/add monstrosities) that websites could literally be hosted out of someone own pocket, just as a pet project.
But we can't go back.

Attached: 1281875006401.jpg (486x408, 27.98K)

Technology made bigger leaps, leading to constant experimentation and innovation.

These, with the caveat that online multiplayer was always full of angry tards, especially FPS. And also, if a pre-internet game was buggy then it was usually fucked unless there was a major re-release or a romhack fix decades later.

>Studios dared to put money on more unique projects, instead of only supporting games that are similar to other games

This especially, nowadays you either have heavily streamlined AAA shit or indie stuff that varies wildly in quality and pretentiousness. Mid-tier stuff has all but died out. I would name God Hand as an example, as well as survival horror in general. Remember Fatal Frame? Siren? Haunting Ground?

>I would name God Hand as an example
The Capcom 5 in general

Because our minds weren't poisoned by irony yet, and because the games were fun to play

you got an actual product and not a bunch of passive aggressive control freaks

Game developers were still nerds playing tabletop and arcade, so they transferred that SOUL to digital media.

Definitely, less money in Any Forumsidya.

Good take.

Attached: 1656882047670m.jpg (1024x768, 165.02K)