Modern games don't suck .Why do people here insist that they do???

Modern games don't suck .Why do people here insist that they do???

Attached: 1654485731959.jpg (800x450, 39.57K)

Because they do.

I don't, I talk about the games I like frequently. None of them are AAA however.

Nuh Uh

Because that's their entire personality
Hating games

A lot of them look like shit honestly, too brightly colored. Here, Any Forums's just getting older and/or just burnt ourselves out on video games.

On the surface it seems like they're fine, much better even than what we had during the PS2 era and more recently PS3. The technology behind is on a completely different level and there has been an increase in complexity through added RPG mechanics and character progression systems. Even niche genre like stealth are now producing games with fully developed combat systems allowing for extra variety. However despite that modern games completely fall appart when it comes to gameplay, everything plays the same, and they are sabotaged by predatory monetization practices. Furthermore when it comes the type of experiences and stories games provide nowadays there's been a drastic drop in quality because games have to be politically correct and they are written by people who hate video games and despise their audience because they're failed writers that wanted to write movies and netflix shows.

Play a highly rated game from PS2 era, play a highly rated game from PS3 era and play a recent highly rated game that's not Elden Ring and the decline is evident.

Attached: 1649175224870.png (500x500, 35.85K)

>play a recent highly rated game that's not Elden Ring
Nice try fag

IDK man stop playing every shitty snoy and ubishit game and everything out there is unironically not that bad

>I know, I'll reply to myself! That will make it work
Shit thread

There are documents thousands of years old where the writer basically says “old good, new bad” and complains about the previous generation and how much new stuff sucks.

Humans do not have free will. You’re just a bunch of robots that are programmed and react to stimuli. This trend will continue till humans go extinct in the next 300 years.

>new good = old bad
>if you disagree you're a jadded contrarian

You will eat ze bugs faggot.

There were just as many bad games today as there were back then, and objectively more back in the pre-NES days.
>B-BUT I REMEMBER HAVING FUN BACK THEN!
Kids have very low standards and will find anything fun because they are new to everything.
>B-BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BAD GAMES NOW?!
They existed back then. For every big memorable title there were at least 10 forgettable, shitty games that existed as shovelware, movie adaptations, or very quick cash grabs.
>B-BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MICROTRANSACTIONS AND WHY DON'T I REMEMBER OLD BAD GAMES?
Because the internet wasn't around to shove it in your face like it is now. Doesn't mean there's any more or less of it.
>B-BUT WHERE ARE THE GOOD GAMES?!
All over the place. As long as you haven't gotten to the point where you just hate video games or your standards are impossibly high to even enjoy a game, you can identify plenty.

In 10 years, we'll be seeing an entire generation of dudes in their 20s saying that games nowadays were super good while the games "nowadays" are bad. This happens all the fucking time in history. The older generation thinks the newer generation's media is shit.

The only exception I'd say is modern FPS multiplayer, which has suffered from 2010s nu-culture clownworld degeneration.

We have all this technology and computing power but modern vidya are simpler than they have ever been. It's all surface level graphics, that honestly don't look that much better than the 7th gen, and nothing underneath. Just flat boring simplistic games, with no attention to detail. Gaming as a medium has not evolved at all since the 7th gen.

terminal nostalgia

Name ten(10) good games in the last 4 years

You are a perfect example of a programmed robot. You saw stimuli you didn’t like and replied with a programmed response imbedded into your brain that you have seen repeated millions of times before.

Thanks for the demonstration.

Oh sure shit games have always existed, but the difference is that now there is only shit games. Pick your flavor of AAA schlock or go play some fucking indie game, those are the only options nowadays. If it wasn't for Japan there literally wouldn't have been any good games at all released the last 8 years.

The only people who post stupid shit like this only plays AAA. Fucking why?

>redditfrog
>retarded, worthless opinion
Kill yourself

Attached: redditjakinvitesdiscordfrogtoitshouse.png (2720x2720, 3.34M)

>the ONE game out of thousands that have released in the last 5 years should be your basis for how the entire gaming market is

Attached: 1594659406085.jpg (216x225, 13.17K)

What other options do you have?
It's either AAA shit or indieshit as far as western games are concerned. Western AA games pretty much don't exist anymore.