What am I in for?

Attached: TheForest_Game.jpg (460x215, 36.68K)

Boredom

a disappointment

Not a survival crafting base building game but a cave exploring game

Bugs and spawn rates on anything that aren't rabbits and lizards being shit.

Fun few hours of base building before you get tired of hauling a million logs around and the dumb as fuck AI and bugs

OH MAN I LOVE EARLY ACCES OPEN WORLD SURVIVAL CRAFTING

It's fun if you play with friends.

>early access
Its 2022 user the game has been released for a few years already

fun for the first 10 hours

but then you realise that every enemy has a weak point even on hard survivial and can be killed without much trouble rendering the entire combat tension pointless

then you will get bored of collecting logs for 3 hours in a row just to build a few walls

and then you will finally explore all of the caves and realise that there is nothing else to do other than building a giant base and fighting mutants for a few hours until you get bored, or just completing the game

i recommend playing with friends if you have them, voice chat is required for the immersive tm experience

if you need tips then watch farket, the game has fixed locations for everything including in cave cannibal spawns (the ones on the outside are randomized) as well as all of the in game items

the game also gets more difficult as time passes so make sure to have a decent base with good defenses by day 20-ish something but no later than day 30

i recommend playing on normal first, but you can try hard or however it is called if you want the extra enemy challange

do not pick hard survival for your first time as it has too many shitty mechanics for a beginner

if you have any more questions just ask

Attached: FB857812-7187-40E0-A69F-2942688FA22D.jpg (828x457, 158.93K)

It's not really worth playing without friends period, unless you have VR but the VR jank will stop you finishing it solo anyway

Cave exploring simulator and the worst inventory screen in any game ever. Don't bother building a base if you're playing single player. You'll be on the move so much that it's easier to just make temporary shelters, temporary fires, and hunt as you go along.

over 300h of cutting THE FOREST

fuck off with the leddit spacing

Attached: 200w.gif (200x142, 1.29M)

COUNTRY ROADS TAKE ME HOME
TO THE PLACE I BELONG
Also cannibal killing and crafting
I can’t fucking wait until Sons of the Forest

>see a post on a video games board on a thread about asking what to expect from the game giving the new player tips
>LE HECKIN LEDDIT!!!!!!

i will not tell you to take ze (((meds))) but i will tell you to get out of your mothers basement and get some pussy

by the way, different people have different writing styles but i would not expect a hive mind bugmale to realise that

without friends the game gets boring really quickly

i mean yeah the enviourement looks very good and if you increase the sharpering/add more color depth with reshade the game looks even better but looking at the same giant mountain for 3 hours in a row can get really boring once you explore it

basically this

the inventory screen is shit and very badly organized, you will have trouble findings items and some items get stuck behind other items so it is really difficult to pick them

sons of the forest will flop, you will have to take care of a mtf tranny throughout the entire game and if you decide to kill it/ignore it/let it die you will get le bad ending or something

also guns in a melee combat survival game are retarded, they will 100% make the enemies bullet sponges to 'balance' it out

Attached: 1648669550677.png (1204x1598, 202.97K)

it's so riddled with bugs and glitches that is basically still in Early Access.

i can confirm, i once got launched so high up in the air while riding the cart near trees that i saw the top of the giant mountain

install mods if you want to play the forest, especially the one reducing the crafting/log cost for everything

The Forest is kind of funny, because it's a total evolutionary dead-end in the survival-crafting genre.

Attached: corngar_fielddog.jpg (512x481, 26.19K)

But killing the MtF tranny is the best part.

it was not a complete dead end, look at green hell

but some of the mechanics were outdated or just a pain in the ass

as i said, if you decide to kill it expect to get a le epic bad ending at the end of the game with le epic grey filter and le epic sad music

also there will probably be additional enemies if you decide to kill it, or there will be a part where it takes 'revenge' on you

or you might just not be able to kill it at all no matter what you do, which is probably what will happen

Attached: file (14).png (959x898, 376.76K)