What are some fun facts or interesting oddities about the Mario series that you know of?

What are some fun facts or interesting oddities about the Mario series that you know of?

Attached: Mario_and_Luigi_MB_GWG3.png (460x456, 213.67K)

The 4 stone pillars in shifting sand land in mario 64 have the properties of snow meaning mario will get stuck in them if he falls on them from high up

In Mario Sunshine in the Japanese version if you collect exactly 67 shine sprites and then clip out of bounds on the Gelato Beach and you go to the far left bottom of the map you can see a toad underground with one line of dialogue which is translated to "don't hurt me anymore I'm scared."

>Rolled a 67
Lol.

DOKI DOKI
MARIO
PANIC
IS

Waluigi is an actor for hire.

Attached: EdZSJ4JX0AM4Jur.jpg (2048x1638, 1000.75K)

The M on Mario's cap stands for Meatball, Mario's favorite food.

When Microsoft executives bought Rare, they actually belived that the company had the rights of the Donkey Kong series abd were already planning new exclusives under the franchise

According to his japanese SSB Melee trophy he is about 26 years old. According to Miyamoto he is around 24-26 years old.

Attached: ssbm_mario_jp.jpg (480x360, 57.19K)

It actually stands for Miyamoto. The L on Luigi's hat is a hidden tribute to Lennie Miyamoto, Shigeru's mentally handicapped brother. The Miyamoto family has hidden the existence of Lennie out of shame, and to protect the neighborhood from his gigantic, peanut butter slathered, cat strangling fists, but Shigeru has found ways to honor his brother.

Ah, but you didn't realize Miyamoto is actually Japanese for meatball.

Mmlirl

Mario Party is its own canon, and the latest entry Mario Party Superstars is a direct sequel to the N64 games (not a remake or a compilation).
Superstars has remade boards and minigames, but the actual mechanics of the game itself is unique to the game, despite being heavily based on the older games.
The intro to the boards reference the events of the N64 games, like how Horror Land had an evil wizard being thwarted by the superstars, or how Woody Woods apparently was a battle field with no victors.

That was totally blown out of proportion by click baiting gaming press.
Chris Seavor has a directors commentary playthrough of Conkers bad fur day on youtube where he states so.
In actuality he says when Microsoft sent two legal guys down to Rare to discuss the deal. One of the guys saw a poster on the wall of Donkey Kong and he, and he alone, just assumed that that donkey kong was Rares.
Microsoft wasn't confused about the owner of the IP.

Mario grows if he eats a mushroom

Toads are an asexual race that take on gendered characteristics, according to Hayashida in a Captain Toad interview

The only reason this sticks out to me is because it was such a weirdly specific bit of lore that came out almost entirely unprompted. It's like "Nintendo confirms Waluigi is uncircumcised" but real.

Attached: captain-toad-treasure-tracker-toadette-toad-star-review-screenshots.jpg (600x400, 233.19K)

what the fuck

Wait..
Does this mean Toadette is just a Toad who said "fuck it I'm a girl"
how many Toadettes are there??

Basically, since to a Toad, who are fungi, gender is entirely arbitrary.

lol makes sense but fucking weird choice honestly. but something they've always thought about the toads but never came out and said, i get that feeling

>peach is the same age as Mario
>almost 30 with no children

Old hag.

The Japanese description for Yoshi's trophy in Smash Bros Melee says Yoshi is "neither male nor female." too

Attached: ssbm_yoshi_jp.jpg (480x360, 56.76K)

Bowser's brother.

Why do they add shit like this? Every boo mansion level in 3D Land has a creepy face that appears at the beginning or end of the level of you stay stationary for a minute.
It reminds me of the creepy figures from Mario Galaxy.

Attached: 3785968D-3044-4406-867D-70BD0E9FA3BD.jpg (500x500, 112.49K)

Well that one makes a little more sense because Yoshi is traditionally addressed with male pronouns in English, but he also lays eggs.

>30
>old
Dude I'm 22 I'm sooooo old XD haha

Ah yes, you make a good point. Didn't think of that one.

Why the fuck are boomers using Any Forums? What are you, the gaming grandpa?

Shut up. No.
Holy shit it's real.

There's actually multiple "toadettes" in one of the drawings on Galaxy's opening, then never acknowledged again as if that was lore we weren't supposed to see

>What are you, the gaming grandpa?
I would of been your father had the dog not beaten me up the stairs.

Attached: 1636253060574.gif (188x264, 1.97M)

Someone on Any Forums found Charles Martinet on some gay website and posted his dick pic here. The user felt bad and deleted it.

Charles Martinet is a funny guy and really did just seem to stumble into the role of a lifetime. You should see some of the stuff he was doing before he landed the role of Mario.

Behold! The brother of Bowser.

Attached: SMB_LL_Bowser's_Brother_Artwork.png (501x526, 584.66K)

Super Bowser Bros....