Diablo 1 was the perfect RPG

Simple, yet full of mystery, gloomy atmosphere, fitting graphics, outstanding voice acting and dialogues, excelent OST.

I can't believe why so many people say Diablo 2 is better, when it is inferior in every aspect bar the complexity of the game (something not really necessary for a game to be great).

Attached: Tristram.jpg (2000x1054, 254.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>why so many people say Diablo 2
Because of the fucking GAMEPLAY

>Diablo 2
>necromancer
>Diablo 1
>no necromancer

it's a glorified vlt user, I love D2, but yer just jerkin the one armed bandit all day and getting carpal tunnel

both are one side of the same coin

>diablo
>perfect RPG
>RPG

you clearly have no inkling of what you are talking.

Daily reminder that Diablo was the main source of modern day cancer that infects every facet. Nerd spent thousands of dollars to pay Chinese kids for their items. Instead of grinding for 20 years you pay 20 bucks. Companies too advantage of this disgusting human natures. Companies didn’t invest micro transactions, the gamers themselves did willingly and diabl2 was the main catalyst.

booba

Attached: 1365365801683.gif (128x128, 11.14K)

word, when I was younger I was crazy about D2 but nowadays I prefer D1 a lot more

D1 is so soulful it hurts

youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k

Hope one day someone will make a game like it

>What ails you my friend?

Attached: 1365367701438.gif (96x96, 14.95K)

well Diablo 2 is better, it's WAY and AFAR better, there's way more content, way more replayabilitiy, higher maximum players, it's a game you can sink your teeth into all month, every year, every ladder reset even, it's timeless and legitimately perfect.

CAN'T A FELLA DRINK IN PEACE

Attached: 1365369768206.gif (96x96, 12.21K)

the main qol issue with 1 this day is no run in vanilla. the game is super slow to play. also gold needing its own inventory space was pretty dumb. I think the genre is also ultimately better by dropping random books for skills and giving classes actual skill trees.

D2 added a lot, but also lost what made D1 good

It's not even an RPG.

Still, I did like it. It blows my mind when people say old Blizzard games didn't have stories, because the manual for SC1 and Diablo1 were fucking treasure troves.

D1 is better as a one time experience, D2 is better for addicted ladderbrains

Why do people call Diablo an RPG?

>All game aspects are good!
>...except gameplay
>in a game about grinding and nothing else

>It's not even an RPG
How is it not?

yeah, I think you nailed it
it's what's called an action rpg, I think the original sin was calling any game that has leveling and numbers an rpg, but it's too late to keep complaining about that now.

>and legitimately perfect.
Stamina

What would you call it if not an RPG

Garbage

D2 was too full of dumb monsters and areas
Felt like a comic book at times