Monster Hunter Rise

This is my second MH game after World. Overall it seems like a pretty similar addition, the wire bug is fun, but I'm wondering. Why did they take out the tracking aspect from the game? I know it fundamentally didn't change that much but it did make it feel more like we're actually on a hunt and it added an element of suspense before we actually found the monster for the first time.

Attached: a04d618cfd2cb40dd939e10a2194bd01.jpg (1920x1223, 329.64K)

Tracking was very much a world thing in the series and given how faster the game is supposed to be because its on a switch they just took it out

Tracking was only in world. It's a feature of world and it was pretty gay so it's staying in world. They replaced it with gathering the flashing bing bing orbs for stat ups. Just as engaging but stat ups > gathering poo poo until your ESP activates > Paintballs

They took it out and changed it because they want the casual audience. The people that get hand holded trough games.

Why does it need to be faster on switch? It seems like the fights have the same time limits anyways.
There's tons of stuff that gave you upgrades. But this along with the traps and the monsters fleeing you were some of the touches that made it feel like you're actually a monster hunter not just a monster slayer.

>they want the casual audience.
I don't think casual gamers were just waiting to see if the next game had tracking and if it did they wouldn't buy it. Even casual gamers like some degree of immersion.

>Why does it need to be faster on switch?
Its a handheld. When you have a 20 minute commute then you need to be able to finish a hunt very comfortably.
The target audience of World is very much western people who like games like Witcher and Horizon. Slow with walk'n'talk sections and tons of cutscenes

Rise is for the nips.

You didn't track shit in World. You just sniffed poo and feets until your scoutfly gps activated.
Now, if you had to actually use your braincells and determinated how fresh the tracks you found and their direction pointed towards you could make an argument for it. Besides if you hunted the monster a few time and level up the research levels of monster they would also instantly appear on the map.
Point is, it was superficial and that's why they removed it in MHR.
Ironically, finding the monster and throwing a paintball to mark it in the older games was more interactive because you had a fail condition if you forgot to refresh the paint and would lose track of it.

>Slow with walk'n'talk sections and tons of cutscenes
>Rise is for the nips.
Wait, now you're confusing me or just plain baiting me. Japan is pretty much the country that popularized movie games.

>Now, if you had to actually use your braincells and determinated how fresh the tracks you found and their direction pointed towards you could make an argument for it.
I wouldn't mind if they made the feature more engaging and interesting, but deleting it is quite the opposite of that.

>Japan is pretty much the country that popularized movie games.
Japan is the country that popularized all games.

I am talking audiences. Western audiences prefer movie games while nips in general prefer gameplay focused games
Now world isn't really a movie game but it has a lot of it that rise cuts.
It leans more towards cinematic than any other Monster Hunter.

Older monster hunter games already had it more interesting and you weren't interested in playing them
in older monster hunter games you didn't always have a map and were thrown into the map randomly and couldn't teleport for free at all times to several bases. AT BEST there was one teleport item to port to the beginning and nothing else.
Those were games were you had to know the area and the monsters.

I agree, but at the same time I acknowledge that it's a different team making the game and they always have different goals and there's only a finite amount of time to implement new gameplay features in your game so I'm willing to give it a pass.
I'll be more critical of tracking in the next game made by the main team.

>Western audiences prefer movie games while nips in general prefer gameplay focused games
Again, I think you're mixing things up here. Japan was always heavy on the cutscenes, while in the west it was about gameplay and how to tell a story through that gameplay.

I mean think about games like Yakuza, Persona, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear etc.

Tracking is shit, don't really understand why people like it. It essentially ends up being padding for the game.

>Older monster hunter games already had it more interesting and you weren't interested in playing them
I didn't know they had that and I already mentioned the first one I played was World.

This. They’ve basically removed the Hunting part of Monster Hunter. They might as well change the name to Monster Fighter. You could, in the past, break the game down into two main parts
>the prep for the hunt
>the hunt
Thanks to all the “quality of life” handholding bullshit Capcom has been adding, the prep for the hunt and the hunt itself have all been removed. Now, it’s just grab a quest, zone in, run around and grab a bunch endemics, fight the monster and rinse and repeat.
You don’t even have to take the time to memorize the monsters move sets anymore, or create specific sets just for one especially hard monster.
It’s a dead game, we just haven’t had the funeral yet.

which western game is not concerned with cinematic these days?
Right now if I pick a random nip game and a random western game which would likely be more of a cutscene heavy cinematic experience

Then why are japs so fucking terrible at action games?

>I already mentioned the first one I played was World.
Exactly my point. You weren't interested in proper hunting otherwise the series would've been on your radar earlier.

I mean, Kojima made movie games what they are today but he's a massive west-a-boo.

Nips play handheld games, and spend a large portion of their day commuting on trains. They're less car obsessed, and live in really condensed cities so space isn't something they have an abundance of.

Dude
H A N D H E L D
Most games made on a handheld are turned into bite-sized chunks. You mention Metal Gear, have you ever played Peace Walker?

you mean in world they did right?
What do you mean? Making them or playing them?

Playing them, they’re godawful at them.

I have no measurement for that.

Good morning sirs. I will bring you all fish today.

Attached: 06004EF1-888A-42E2-9032-90C1D1A07B80.jpg (1284x1372, 1.07M)

I hated tracking, it felt so half arsed. Like Capcom didn't want to double down on it. Plus once you'd hunted a monster once that whole aspect just vanished and yoy psychically knew where the monster was.

Sadly Rise's system was the evolution of it. I don't think anyone liked tracking.

I hope they try it again but go harder on it. Less confusing maps, so we don't need those glowy bugs, and actually have us follow footsteps/scratches etc towards the monster. Make tracking an actual thing, not following a magic GPS. Add the hunting back to monter hunter.

But who am i kidding. We'll get an open world one next, so we'll just ride our Palamute around at lightspeed exploring huge biomes and following our GPS.

>Less confusing maps
The maps will become more confusing they are meant to be explored they are not meant to be arenas to fight monsters on

I mean, it was shit, but it was a good idea. Like a lot of things in MHW.

Companies need to stop listening to their fan bases so hard, and just double down on stuff. Make tracking as fundamental to the hunt as fighting. Make route planning a thing. Make climbing a mountain to get to the dragon ontop an experience in itself.

The maps are essentially Ubisoft maps, they don't reslly have anything on them except for the core combat

remove teleporting
remove eating and restocking during a hunt (for restocking maybe just limiting it is enough)
bring back heat and cold drinks and other specific preperation you can forgot
and not like world were at the beginning of the fucking ice stage there is an autocraftable one ingredient mat for the hot drink and shortly in front of the lava area there is an one ingredient auto-craftable mat for the cold drink.