Why have game physics in most AAA games stagnated? You only really see interesting physics games in the indie space

Why have game physics in most AAA games stagnated? You only really see interesting physics games in the indie space.

Attached: yokohora h cloth physics.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Good question, even if physics aren't the focus of the game it's so damn satisfying

Physics simulation is cpu intensive and last gen consoles, which AAA games are still targeting, have pig shit cpus. It also doesn't help push movie games to normalqueers who are more interested in how many hair follicles you can stick onto a woman's face so they don't bother.

You know why all these cool feature "demo" always take place in a small ass room with nothing going on?

MUH CONTROLLED EXPERIENCE

OH NO THE HECKIN LIGHT IS FIVE DEGREES OFF
YIKES THAT STACK OF BOOKS FELL OVER NOW THE PLAYER CANT FEEL THE EMOTIONAL WEIGHT OF A BIGOT CALLED A “SHITDICK”

Industry brain drain and diversity hires. This explanation also applies to most of the issues the industry has.

Lack of budget and time?

What's got her all restless?

why is she waddling like she's turtle heading a shit

Consoles. They can't handle it.
>buzzword buzzword buzzword
Literal automaton. Middleware like Havok takes care of all the physics for them. No, the one chick in QA having blue hair and the one guy in the texture department having a fruity haircut does not impact the quality of the game at all.

Attached: 1638500162438.jpg (493x443, 27.36K)

She needs to pee but she's stuck in the traffic cone dimension

>buzzword
You can be tilted by my choice of words all you'd like but this isn't a knee-jerk "i hate SJW" reaction, talented people leaving the industry(primarily larger companies) and their spots are being filled with underqualified people. it's the reason a larger percentage of AAA releases are making less advancements in technology while looking and sounding worse despite technology advancing and budgets getting bigger, the last 10 years of Ubisoft is the best example of this trend.

she should've had short hair, those al dente noodles hanging off her head ruin the effect

They also clip through the model a lot

Realistic hair physics is possible but that same scene would be running at 2fps on a rtx3090

Correct
Also correct

Attached: 1610306400434.jpg (4919x5016, 3.47M)

She's in heat.

Attached: clothpull.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

chudcels

>why are my animations not good
>because people who like movies (aka people who care more about the animations than the game) don't care
>no, I am NOT a casual, person who cares about the game!
>brb, gotta tell my moviestation 5 to play this game for me so I can get to more cutscenes and see those sweet sweet animations!

Attached: 1627609233243.jpg (225x225, 6.15K)

Gravity Rush 1 and 2 were so good with hair physics that they still haven't been matched