MMOs (and Similar)

•Replace factions; let players group up individually. Incentivization is easy. Also, just make lore characters hot.
•Replace leveling; define progression (and loss) via items. You have to be able to lose status if you want something to do. Economy is one of the most important aspects. Betting is one of the most intense, adrenergic playstyles. Durability should require up-to-expensive materials. PvP servers (though even Minecraft has inventory drops) should have full loot with items on a timer.
•Make equipment easy to get. Characters should be able to go to the auction house and either stock or purchase anything needed. The world should have respawning, map-announced PvE with lucrative equipment that (because of size, mobility, and abilities rivaling hero games) makes the character a god. The gameplay loops should be amongst gathering, crafting, trading, controlling areas, establishing location-important basing, defining near-respawns vulnerability, and potentiating community. "Amounts of activities that lead to status" is roles and worldbuilding.
•NPC player-likes would be really simple; they could aggress areas, gather for crafted status, and contribute to RTS-esque tactics.

Knowledge makes topics easy. AMA.

Attached: IIALSW.png (800x600, 20.79K)

>AMA
why haven't you figured out that you aren't welcome here and nobody likes you?

Either this isn't your forum, and your projections and opinion are simultaneously irrelevant because they're vague and off-topic; or it is, and you're posting like a dumb asshole.

nobody likes these threads you fucking mental patient. you make a billion of them every week and it's always indecipherable lunacy. fuck yourself

Not bad. Leveling does need to go. Its a remnant of tabletop video games left in the dust technologically a decade and a half ago. There's no reason an MMO(RPG) couldn't be set up as purely an FPS or action slasher or somewhere between the two in terms of its gameplay.

>nobody likes these threads you fucking mental patient
Some of them get discussion.

>indecipherable lunacy
This gets posted sometimes, and it's plausibly you and like 1 other. It's never accompanied with reasoning, and the topic content is always such that you should be able to contribute.

Attached: BEECMQ.png (800x600, 23.46K)

mmos are trash. adding random people always makes things worse.

>This gets posted sometimes
it gets posted frequently because normal humans don't say shit like "quality is of objectivity"

Simultaneous characters and a persistent world makes it the best genre.

>adding random people always makes things worse.
Mediocre AI has been surpassed by real people, being able to learn competitive gameplay in about 1 hour, and being able to fullfill various roles while being sociable, for decades.

Attached: 1560626358201.jpg (1280x720, 187.43K)

>Simultaneous characters and a persistent world makes it the best genre.
no, people are awful and ruin everything. single player games are objectively superior.

this is actually a somewhat coherent post, but you have to understand OP that the original post is overloaded with jargon and it doesn't make a ton of sense, there's a ton of non-sequiturs and the like and it just comes across as pure nonsense as if it was written by a bot
I know you've been making these threads for a few years now because I see them all the fucking time and usually filter or ignore it, but it's making me feel insane too
what do you even get out of these threads? I really don't understand

You haven't actually critiqued the topic. In fact, that phrase is about the only thing ever posted on readability, and it's still wrong because that's gramatically correct and the most accurate way of simultaneously saying that there are alternative options to what's best that you can enjoy because multiple types of gameplay exist.

is for .
>no, people are awful and ruin everything. single player games are objectively superior.
Not a refutation or argument.

Attached: 1538246793279.png (453x398, 282.75K)

I can't believe you're still going

>overloaded with jargon
It having a lot of videogame specific words != specific readability.

>it doesn't make a ton of sense
>there's a ton of non-sequiturs
Not an example.

>Not a refutation or argument
you haven't presented one so why should I? you say shit about how simultaneous characters make the best genre but you haven't presented any coherent argument for it.

Every time this autistic retard posts it makes me think of toxic jester.

>you haven't presented one so why should I?
I already compared AI to real beings.

>you say shit about how simultaneous characters make the best genre but you haven't presented any coherent argument for it.
It should be self-explanatory, especially with the comparison already made of available opponents and friendlies. The difference is potential (experienceable) strategy, intensity, and thus fun (amongst gathering, crafting, trading, PvE, PvP, and other roles and worldbuilding).

This dude is perfect for like an EA investor or even higher staff.

Ie, just full of stupid ideas, mostly just casualizing RPGs into something that's bland, but perfect for his lily ass if he even bothered to play them to begin with.

Attached: 1378115141634.png (600x449, 304.99K)

>It should be self-explanatory,
The fact that people are shitty is self explanatory and unlike ai people will go out of their way to makes other's experiences miserable. a single player game is an experience curated for the sole enjoyment of yourself and is therefore superior since the experience isn't diluted by needing to cater to random jackasses as well.

If I ever found out you were playing a game I was playing too I would not rest until I ripped apart your fragile little autistic mind by ruining your gameplay for so long that you started having tantrums on the floor until your handlers put you in a padded cell. There would not be a single moment where your ears would be free of Loud Nigra.

>stupid ideas
Not a refutation or argument.

>casualizing RPGs
If you mean "making them appealing to everybody", that's not the usual definition of "casualizing". Neither is increasing the skill ceiling so that players want to play throughout the day.

>bland
Can you actually quote something?

>The fact that people are shitty is self explanatory and unlike ai people will go out of their way to makes other's experiences miserable.
Grouping up is objectively the most efficient and fun, having scheduled / rules-enforced PvP.

>a single player game is an experience curated for the sole enjoyment of yourself
False dichotomy.

Oh my god, you really are just a dipshit EA exec in the making, this is almost adorable.

Attached: brunt jewing.jpg (692x530, 100.64K)

I would love to exec EA.

I hate the idea of taking away levels, because even in the most causal of games, number go up is good, and leveling up just means playing the game normally.

why take away good number up feeling? grug no like no number

Attached: 1417606761793.jpg (119x125, 5.74K)

>Grouping up is objectively the most efficient and fun, having scheduled / rules-enforced PvP.
you haven't proved that. i presented an actual argument in my favor therefore I'm correct and mmos are garbage.

>bullet points
>knowledge
oh no... it's back

Replacing leveling was already explained in the OP.

PvE is exploitable.

>i presented an actual argument
It's already been refuted.

"No", user.

>It's already been refuted.
you refuted nothing, you just stated that adding people to a game is more fun. it's okay I accept your concession of defeat