Do you think the whole soul/soulless meme has some truth to it?

Do you think the whole soul/soulless meme has some truth to it?

Attached: 1657054197877.png (2706x2248, 3.42M)

Absolutely.

Yes. Most memes are foundationally truthful.

Yes, it doesn't even need explaining most of the time because images such as this one demonstrate it so clearly.

even schizo rants have a degree of truth to them

some truth yes. not entirely. sometimes it's just nitpicking.

Yes, but ussually no one can articulate what it is.
It is essentially a trade off of stylization for realism. Most of the time.
A thing to look out for is a trade of for detail, in trade for improved lighting. There are a few different forms.

Attached: 1606976413362.jpg (446x435, 18.98K)

in this case soul = prebaked lighting?

Attached: B.png (3373x2236, 1.68M)

Uhh, i don't know!! QUICK, SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO LIKE!!! WHAT'S SOUL AND WHATS SOULLESS??? I NEED MY MEMES TO FORM AN OPINION!!

Attached: go crazy go stupid.gif (241x246, 2.54M)

It’s a retarded buzzword to hear constantly from 4channers. You can cherry pick some examples, but not everything really is New = Bad

Left looks like he's just showing off his biceps
Right looks like he's holding a pose for a photoshoot and trying to say "Am I done yet?" through his teeth.

And you look like you should go back.

i dont really agree with left being better, but it's also true that remasters of old rpgs tend to look bad - probably because they fired the original artist.

Soulless = Elden Ring
Soul = Flip's Twisted World for the Wii

t.

Attached: AAA games priorities horse balls shrinking.png (686x554, 385.51K)

In this case the lighting is too harsh and over exposes the model, covering a lot of detail. Also his armor is just clean cut along the bottom intead of differing lengths, which looks like shit

On a case by case basis, but definitely true for KH3.

I do think there is something to it. We already describe something as "souless" when its obviously made with no passion. So soul is something passionately made.
But Any Forums uses it as another "old and/or Japanese thing I like is good" buzzword.

Yes, but of course it comes down to what the fuck the person is comparing.

the way the right's thighs seem to overlap looks kind of odd to me

I liked Herculad I think he was a great addition to these games.

No silly goy, all art is equal in value, you can’t trust your lying eyes

Is this achievable natty?

the main problem with right is that whoever rigged that model doesn't know how to push poses to make them look more dynamic, so it looks halfassed and lacks energy. thats what "soulless" is, simple lack of talent

Why yes, I have been remastered. How can you tell?

Literature makes a distinction between Tone and Mood
>Tone | (n.) The attitude of a writer toward a subject or an audience conveyed through word choice and the style of the writing.
>Mood | (n.) The overall feeling, or atmosphere, of a text often created by the author's use of imagery and word choice.

Soul in the way vidya players refer to it is a weird abstract mishmash of the two of them.
As far as I can tell, when people are posting SOUL and not just talking about OLD = BETTER, the thing they really mean is their appreciation of the vidya maker's passion for making the game, or at least as they perceive it as such.
Things that a player believes a dev truly enjoyed coming up with.

In DMC, locking onto a target causes Dante to draw his guns on his target.
in DMC 5 it's possible to enter a level with Dante having no guns equipped.
There's no reason to do this, but if for some reason you do decide to do it, when locking onto a target, Dante will make finger guns at his opponent. I think this is soulful.

Attached: dante finger.jpg (1920x1080, 103.53K)

Where the fuck is his sword? SOULLESS.

depends who you ask

Attached: neopets conversion.png (715x900, 586.73K)

Tryhard would be a better term than soulless in some cases. Take OP's pic for example, the left looks shittier because the devs clearly felt they had to take advantage of those more advanced shader and lighting effects despite it clashing with the original disney look they wanted to be going for.

Attached: yTumUe2.gif (128x192, 5.42K)

I think it is idiot children who lack communication skills or critical reasoning trying to turn their fee fee's into arguments.

What is with furfags and drawing the same eyes on every character

holy fucking cringe at the converted