Gta v map is literally a giant oval with a highway running around the edge meaning there's little reason to even go...

>gta v map is literally a giant oval with a highway running around the edge meaning there's little reason to even go through the interior (not that there's much along the highway)
>being a giant oval means there's no reason to use boats because the highway is right there and faster
>There's 2 cities outside of los santos. Grape see is part of sandy shores, they literally connect and Harmony is like 3 buildings
>3 airports in the entire game. Grapeseed one is too small for most things and zancudo gives a want level with missiles spawning behind you
How did they fuck up the map so bad?

Attached: maps.jpg (2600x2048, 1.22M)

Why are there no enterable buildings?

There are 4 airports

Quality over quantity, San Andreas put all sorts of cool shit to see and find in its map, and you actually had to see where you were going in places like the countryside if you didn't want to get lost. V's map is 2/3rds fuck-all.

tried to go for realism
still failed because it's still a bizarre fucking tiny island version of los Angeles
shouldve just embraced being a video game like San andreas

most of the map isnt great but i really love driving on the highway on the left side of the map

I like San Andreas because after playing SA-MP and MTA for years I knew every single inch in the map like the palm of my hand
Especially the highway between Los Santos and Las Venturas. Classic part of the map

ps2 had more soul than ps3

San Andreas is empty as fuck. GTA IV is way more dense and packed with content.

According to character movement speed, OG San Andreas is much bigger.

V's has a lot of empty space.

The only issue I see with GTA5 map us that they didn't extend it a bit with another big city on the other side.
If the map was 1/4 wider and about 50%longer with another large city it would be great.
Other than that it's a great map.

What GTA should have is realistic drifting (wheels spinning, assisting momentum) and an economy (defined by player technology, production, and MV=PQ).

Attached: Circle of Traction.jpg (647x543, 31.82K)

Unironically the worst map in all of vidya.

>burning down the highway into the sunset, no other cars or hazards to worry about
>”Glamorous” comes on Nonstop Pop
Like tears in rain

>Unironically the worst map in all of vidya.
look I know everyone hates GTAV's maps but atleast give them SOME credit
Witcher 3's map is waaaay worse

Witcher 3's maps are excellent. Very comfy and varied, offers you a good variety of scenery and feelings.

>>gta v map is literally a giant oval with a highway running around the edge
The worst part about this isn't that there's "little reason to go through it"altough that part is bad too, its that it shatters any opportunity to get lost in the world and to feel its scale, because you know there is always a highway next to you that will take you across the entire map no matter what. You can never feel like you're lost, you can never feel like you're just exploring a world, the highway is always there reminding you exactly of where you need to go to go back to the city.

the city is also a clusterfuck of non-memorable locations, I remember Liberty City so well to this day despite it being 10 years since I played that game last, but Los Santos has no feeling, it has no cohesion, its just a mess. Amazing how they went from V their worst designed map to date, to RDR2 their best yet.

Attached: rdr2 map.jpg (2598x2000, 988.76K)

>t. zoomer

Sandy Shores is the only part of the V map I really enjoyed, but the game and story clearly was in a fucking rush to get the fuck out of there every time it took you there.

tbf a good portion of RDR2's map is just shit from RDR1

>All GTA maps are islands, not connected to the continental US