Why doesnt paper mario have any fan games just concepts?

Why doesnt paper mario have any fan games just concepts?
There's a ton of concepts for games with this but no fangames.
Just a few mods.
It's not like indie devs suck at making games, I'd say there are better recent indie games than recent AAA games.

Attached: images - 2022-07-10T031844.352.jpg (250x354, 32.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wnTGCP9IkOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Modding PM64 and TTYD is difficult. SMW and SM64 have a big romhacking scene due to a huge interest in those games and the relative simplicity of a platforming level vs a whole RPG campaign. Paper Mario just never got that attention.
So why aren't there fangmes made in cutom engines you may ask? RPGs require enemy design, NPC design, balancing etc and in the case of Paper Mario you need an in-depth badge system as well as action commands for all of your attacks. At that point why risk years of development time at constant risk of being nuked by a C&D when you could make a new IP instead (Fug Bables)

Making a full game is hard and time consuming.

But...

Attached: Screenshot_20220709-150250_Opera GX.jpg (1080x2400, 1016.31K)

Because Paper Mario fans are absolutely entitled, always complaining that the new Paper Mario games are "SOULLESS" and "NOT WHAT WE WANTED' despite these games literally being made for children.

They don't want anything new. They don't want anything original. They want Paper Mario, and they want it to be just like the thousand year cope. And what's funny is that 75% of the "people" who say that Paper Mario TTYD is the greatest haven't played even more than 10 minutes of it.

Who are you people, and where did you came from? Sticker Star was always considered a mediocre game, even at launch, and that was before we knew how bad things were about to get (didn't sell that good either). And Color Splash flat out bomb, and the few people who actually bought it, are the ones mad at Tanabe and Nintendo for what the franchise become.

So, again, who the fuck are you, where did you came from, and what do you care about Origami King reception? Being part of dying fanbase is bad enough already, without this new "defenders of Nintento's soul" coming out of nowhere now.

It doesn't need to be 1:1 with TTYD, but it should play like the first two PM games, as those are the ones most of the fans enjoy. Personally I prefer PM64 over Thousand Year Door
>75% of the "people" who say that Paper Mario TTYD is the greatest haven't played even more than 10 minutes of it.
Source?

this

>Source?
Not him, but yeah let me whip out my Snopes-verified double-blind tested peer-reviewed controlled for 50 variables study proving that 75% of Paper Mario fans are fake fans.

Either they're shot down by C&D or they're currently being made in secrecy

Because Nintendo strikes down fan content more feverishly than Disney

>And what’s funny is that 75% of the “people” who say that Paper Mario TTYD is the greatest haven’t played even more than 10 minutes of it.
Where the hell is this metric coming from?

Born of Bread might be alright

Attached: ss_103f21d3d6d2845a8c9ddd46af33e272432dbdb8.600x338.jpg (600x337, 113.58K)

They make Sticker Star to a shit reception. They make Color Splash, some are hopeful that it'll be good, and it's shit. They make Origami King, most think it'll be more of the same but they have partners and a full overworld now. It still turns out to be just a puzzle game.
>continue to make Paper Mario
>fans of old games say it's not for them when it turns out to be different from what made them like the series
What is so surprising about this? The only threads that get made are the ones you guys provoke them with.

Go back.

>And what's funny is that 75% of the "people" who say that Paper Mario TTYD is the greatest haven't played even more than 10 minutes of it.
Which is doubly hilarious because those very same anons tout TTYD as the most soulful game ever made.

What the hell even is "SOUL" anyway, apart from just some coping buzzward?
>HURR DURR IF YA HAVE TO ASK YA DONT HAVE ANY SOUL!!!!
lol.
lmao.

No arguments for this shit buzzword. Never. Never once. It's just "THING I GREW UP WITH" lmfao

Attached: 1655068086936.png (227x244, 47.74K)

fug bables

That's unironically true. You cannot explain soul to someone who can't detect it.

Because it's a buzzword. And it has no definition, other than "thing I grew up with" lmfao. You use it as an excuse because you have no objective measure of what makes something good. You could say many things, good lighting, engaging systems, well thought out visual design, passionate clutter and props, but no -- instead, you go for SOUL. Because you know your game has none of the above, and its only value is purely nostalgic.

>and its only value is purely nostalgic.
believe me i'd have nicer things to say about the new games if they didn't do everything possible to distance themselves from the first 2 outside of the paper aesthetic

TTYD has all of those you literal retard.

Because making something with that artstyle is not something you can do in three days.

Is this game ever coming out?
youtu.be/wnTGCP9IkOE

Wanted to like this. It is far too much like paper mario to where it feels like I’m not playing a new game, and the characters are incredibly annoying

the tragedy of it is that most paper mario inspired games are made by trannies. All I want is a medieval setting game that has some goofy moments.

what made ttyd stand out was the unique setting compared to other mario games, the witty dialogue, and the flexible gameplay with the badge system and a pretty decent skill ceiling with shit like superguard or supernova
modern paper mario neuters the challenge for some gimmicky combat system, seems to have the wit but loses a lot of charm by going back to same ol bowser, toads, and grassy plains. the og paper mario trilogy got really creative with their locations and characters

Imagine being too dumb to understand metaphysical concepts lmao