Slay the spire thread

claim your cardfu, for me its picrel

Attached: latest.jpg (678x874, 115.45K)

I love trying to make dumb combos with this curse

Attached: Necronomicurse[1].png (883x1098, 538.87K)

based. necro curse + blue candle +tungsten rod +a thousand cuts = best infinite in the game

Possibly the most broken card in the game

Attached: DC48D148-0E17-4B31-A581-02B54CAEDE56.jpg (678x874, 112.3K)

Understanding what makes this card good is how you can tell someone is decent at card evaluation

forgive me for further pp talk, but its one of my favourite gauges for this. its by no means the best card in the game, but it is strong, and a lot of people just write it off as a meme archetype. you can tell someone actually has a proper grasp of the game when they know pp is a pretty decent card

Both wrong. It's a good way to tell if someone is good but not great at the game if they think that card is good.

>best infinite in the game
Nah, best infinite in the game is rushdown+eruption+fear no evil/inner peace+mental fortress/talk to the hand. You start with eruption in your deck and vigilance can replace fear no evil/inner peace if you have the violet lotus. In other words, you start the game with basically half the winning combo and all you have to do is remove cards and pick up 2 to 3 uncommons depending on if you get lotus or not. This is how Merl got the watcher win streak record, it’s basically cheating

>grab this game on sale
>try to engage with all the characters unique mechanics (like Ironclad having tons of exhaust synergy, or drawing curse/status synergy, or Silent's poison/discard sets, or the orbs)
>lose relentlessly
>start stuffing my deck with every 0 cost card I find (namely Anger, Shiv and Claw)
>start winning all my runs
What am I missing bros, how do I git gud

>play A0 Ironclad the other day
>die because I tried to make a meme perfect strike deck
Embarrassing.

Fiend fire will always be there for me

>recognising corruption = good but not great
>recognising pp = great

What about me, i love pressure point but dislike corruption?

the game just takes a while to learn. the archetypes you describe (exhaust, poison, etc) are good, but its easy to fall into the trap of focusing on them and forgetting to sort other aspects of your deck. for example, poison is great for scaling damage, but you often need to be able to frontload too, and you certainly need defence.

yes, the rule of thumb if you grab some early poison cards is to take stuff that synergises with poison and ignore anything that doesnt, but when youre building "a poison deck" really all youre building is one offensive aspect of your deck; dont neglect the others

>What am I missing bros, how do I git gud
So you might have noticed from stuffing your deck with 0 costs, but a core component of StS is killing the enemy really fast before they get a chance to fight back.

You should be thinking of engaging with the unique mechanics to kill enemies really fast/after you're able to kill the enemy really fast.

Nah, it’s obviously an amazing card, any good player will be grabbing shrug, fnp and dark embrace pretty much every run and this card just opens that door wide open. You can definitely grab it too early in act 1 and it’ll basically just be a curse, but the sheer number of synergies involved with this card are just too insane to pass it up once you’re past that point. It basically instantly wins you every fight in the game except for the heart. The real test of skill is just knowing when not to play it and when not to just cycle through all the skills in your deck in one turn. If you know what you’re doing with corruption, it’s straight up broken

pp lol

this is the iq bell curve meme, youre either retarded or enlightened

agreed, the another user was saying that it takes someone really good at card evaluation to recognise its strength; my point was that even good but not great players can recognise it, not that the card itself is good but not great. shouldve worded it more clearly, sorry

joy

Attached: 1635725528810.png (678x874, 361.46K)

eh, i was memeing, but desu watcher infinites are boring

You just revealed your non-pro power level, my dude

nta but alright, what do you think the best ironclad card is?