Circlestrafe and backpedal through open large areas while constantly shooting hordes of enemies: the game series

>Circlestrafe and backpedal through open large areas while constantly shooting hordes of enemies: the game series
Only Syberian Mayhem is good

Attached: Serious Sam_ The Second Encounter.jpg (600x800, 417.68K)

>Circlestrafe and backpedal through open large areas while constantly shooting hordes of enemies: the game series

Yes.

>Only Syberian Mayhem is good

No.

Attached: 1642453867954.jpg (1080x1246, 189.41K)

This.
Serious Sam (and Painkiller for that matter) are way overrated, just because they claim to be Le old school retro nostalgia FPSs.

>Only Syberian Mayhem is good
No, there is another.

Attached: Seriously.jpg (422x317, 52.55K)

Sam 2 is probably the best in the series, it has the most fun combat, grenades and the enemies are goofy with good stage variety

>No, there is another.
yeah

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 81.49K)

the level variety is a huge one for me. most of the other games in the series suffer from running through same-y looking levels the entire time, meanwhile SS2 constantly changes it up.
also the vehicles were fun to use, unlike in SS4.

Nah, first half of the game is way too easy, it feels as the game only starts midway through

I hate arena shooters.
Only ever enjoyed one if them and thats because it was coombait.
SS4 is so fucking boring it gave me HIV. The levels drag on and on and the enemies arent fun.
What fuck sticks made it and thought "yeah this isnt boring and padded with dogshit encounters, lets ship"?

>Only ever enjoyed one if them and thats because it was coombait.
what arena shooter have you played that was coombait?

How is Syberian Mayhem?

far better than 3 and 4

It has really bad writing, but it's fun. More intense than Sam 4.

Basically what 4 would've and should've been if it was actually (almost) finished.

How long is it?

Around 5-7 hours, depending on how much you explore.

Serious Sam is a first person shmup, every enemy has a weakness to a certain weapon, you have to prioritize each group based on level design, other enemy groups, and ammo.

You could use the cannon to kill every single enemy, but, there is a chance a sirian werebull might spawn in a few minutes, so you swap between machine and shotgun for ranged and closed combat, until the werebullls show up.

This is what I like about serious sam.

Me too. It treats its weapon switching in a much more natural way than something like Doom Eternal. Nothing has explicit weaknesses, you just learn what weapons to use in whatever portion of a fight by playing the game.

Got this since last thread, only took 2 tries.

Attached: Capture.png (566x97, 46.83K)

Nice. Are you gonna do Grand Cathedral next?

I didn't know that was a thing. Yeah, suppose I have to. It's an easier level.

Attached: Capture.png (556x93, 9.71K)

BFE has one for its final level too.

Too bad BFE is no fun to play without mods

Oh shit a serious thread. SS TSE multiplayer with the violence mod is the best an SS game will ever be. Only thing thats missing is making boss HP bigger.